• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He absolutely does. Takes 20 touches or less per game and visibly sulks.

He’s so established in the team as well you couldn’t tell him to play wide left anymore. Auba does it with no complaints.

Anyways now Laca is out the picture it’s only natural you all move on to Auba out of frustration - he will eventually score again though. This isn’t his fault.
I'm quite clear that Auba is not completely at fault for this. It's mostly on Arteta. That doesn't mean he's beyond criticizing. I have never seen Vardy give up the way Auba did today. It was quite shameful.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Glad people are finally starting to see this guy for what he is.

He produced some great numbers for a while but absolutely nothing else. Unbelievably limited player and this was always going to happen.

Sure you’ll have the same guys defending him though, blaming Arteta, blaming the midfielders, the fullbacks. Or saying how Henry wouldn’t make a difference in his place.

This guy is our captain on 350k a week. Symbolic of all that is wrong with the club.

novar

Those great numbers gave us silverware last season, and without them we're showing up to be a bottom half team.

If he checked out I can't blame him, I still have faith he's not doing an Özil so I couldn't believe how could he be so stupid to believe Arteta and sign the extension. The signs that we were going to end with this pathetic version of defensive football were there long before the end of last season.

If he's doing an Özil then.. fool me twice shame on me I guess. Hope we learn the lesson.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Those great numbers gave us silverware last season, and without them we're showing up to be a bottom half team.

If he checked out I can't blame him, I still have faith he's not doing an Özil so I couldn't believe how could he be so stupid to believe Arteta and sign the extension. The signs that we were going to end with this pathetic version of defensive football were there long before the end of last season.

If he's doing an Özil then.. fool me twice shame on me I guess. Hope we learn the lesson.
Listen to yourself “if he checked out, I can’t blame him”.

novar

Why would I? he's a proven world class player suffering Arteta's management, where attacking football goes to die. Once we get rid of that problem I have no good reason to believe he won't go back to decent numbers.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Why would I? he's a proven world class player suffering Arteta's management, where attacking football goes to die. Once we get rid of that problem I have no good reason to believe he won't go back to decent numbers.
He was never world class. Open your eyes.

akhil

He produced some great numbers for a while but absolutely nothing else. Unbelievably limited player and this was always going to happen.

Sure you’ll have the same guys defending him though, blaming Arteta, blaming the midfielders, the fullbacks. Or saying how Henry wouldn’t make a difference in his place.

This guy is our captain on 350k a week. Symbolic of all that is wrong with the club.

2.5 years isn't a flash in the pan. He did it for a long time in Germany too. His 'great numbers but nothing else' got us an FA cup and EL football. That's worth a lot of money.

If he's getting chances but missing them outright, then fair enough, criticize him all you want but what can you say when he gets on average a chance a game. It's sad watching us play and what we've become since the restart.

roz

Fake News Merchant
2.5 years isn't a flash in the pan. He did it for a long time in Germany too. His 'great numbers but nothing else' got us an FA cup and EL football. That's worth a lot of money.

If he's getting chances but missing them outright, then fair enough, criticize him all you want but what can you say when he gets on average a chance a game. It's sad watching us play and what we've become since the restart.
If I remember correctly it was his penalty miss v Sp**s that cost us cl football.

Suppose the FA cup win had nothing to do with the rest of the players/manager?

In certain peoples eyes this guy can do no wrong. When the team does well its all him, when the the team does badly its not on him.

akhil

If I remember correctly it was his penalty miss v Sp**s that cost us cl football.

Suppose the FA cup win had nothing to do with the rest of the players/manager?

In certain peoples eyes this guy can do no wrong. When the team does well its all him, when the the team does badly its not on him.

Nope nothing of the sort, I can't really fault any of the players really. I think we're horridly coached. The one trick Arteta had post lockdown's been found out for the most part.

Not saying he isn't playing poorly himself but we've got way bigger problems than his form. Until the last couple of games, he was pretty much playing like a wingback anyway.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Weird take. Everyone has always seen and known Auba is a service striker.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The only reason Aubameyang isn't scoring is because Arteta doesn't know how to create an attack. Auba is never gonna be the forward that dribbles past players, holds the ball up, create for others etc we've never asked him for that. He's a goal scorer we just have a manager that has no clue what he's doing.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Weird take. Everyone has always seen and known Auba is a service striker.
How’s it weird? The goals were always going to dry up at some point. Why did we sanction his deal for a guy that can’t create his own opportunities? Needs a quality team around him to perform. He’s a 100k a week player at most.

People talk about his numbers but you watch how many times he gives the ball away on an attack and you wonder if you had a more rounded player in his place we’d be scoring more team goals. Whoever sanctioned his deal needs firing.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
The only reason Aubameyang isn't scoring is because Arteta doesn't know how to create an attack. Auba is never gonna be the forward that dribbles past players, holds the ball up, create for others etc we've never asked him for that. He's a goal scorer we just have a manager that has no clue what he's doing.

You could put it that way about the manager which I agree that he doesn't build his team around Auba.

However, what can a man do to build his team around one man by only having 75m pounds to spend?

Pepe cost 70m and he's not Arteta signing and Pepe isn't a player that suits to get the best out of Auba. If Arteta has that extra 70m, you might see different outcome.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Listen to arsenal vision podcast - Elliot read out his expected goals stats over the past 4-5 seasons prior to him resigning with Arsenal to show his decline. The stats suggest suggest his goal scoring (obv his best attribute) has been steadily on the decline over the past 5 years with an expected goal per 90 (xG90)

16/17 1.05
17/18 0.78
18/19 0.77
19/20 0.47
20/21 0.19

I guess it should be mentioned this is correlated with the decline of Arsenal as an attacking team so its hard to separate these two factors; team decline vs individual decline

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Listen to arsenal vision podcast - Elliot read out his expected goals stats over the past 4-5 seasons prior to him resigning with Arsenal to show his decline. The stats suggest suggest his goal scoring (obv his best attribute) has been steadily on the decline over the past 5 years with an expected goal per 90 (xG90)

16/17 1.05
17/18 0.78
18/19 0.77
19/20 0.47
20/21 0.19

I guess it should be mentioned this is correlated with the decline of Arsenal as an attacking team so its hard to separate these two factors; team decline vs individual decline

He was 2nd top goalscorer 1 behind Vardy whos an elite goalscorer. The year before he was top goalscorer. If Auba is playing in Liverpool hes probably on 6/7 league goals. Likewise City. Hes feeding off scraps. That said he looks like a man who has given up on Arteta. Something has happened in that dressing room.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
It doesn't seem to take long for players to lose confidence in a coach, particularly one with less reputation. Emery mentioned somewhere along the lines how surprised he was that things so quickly unraveled at Arsenal.

I don't think the players have stopped playing for Arteta yet. They tried very hard but just didn't have the confidence or quality on the day.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Thierry was a nasty prick too, which made a big difference on the pitch for him, Auba just seems like a nice guy really...we need some proper ****s in this team again!

Can you tell me which one of Salah, Mané, Firmino and Jota is the nasty prick that makes Liverpool's attack so successful? Or which one of Agüero, Sterling, Sané, De Bruyne or David Silva from the City side of a few years back?

I'm sorry but I think this sort of thing is just nonsense. It's never about being a nasty prick, it's just that being a nasty prick sometimes accompanies people's positive attributes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can you tell me which one of Salah, Mané, Firmino and Jota is the nasty prick that makes Liverpool's attack so successful? Or which one of Agüero, Sterling, Sané, De Bruyne or David Silva from the City side of a few years back?

I'm sorry but I think this sort of thing is just nonsense. It's never about being a nasty prick, it's just that being a nasty prick sometimes accompanies people's positive attributes.

Aguero and Mane are pretty tough players tbf, we do lack tough players in our attack right now, most can be bullied pretty easily really (which is more what I was getting at.)

But you're right, we need quality players first and foremost.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Aguero and Mane are pretty tough players tbf, we do lack tough players in our attack right now, most can be bullied pretty easily really (which is more what I was getting at.)

But you're right, we need quality players first and foremost.

That I can stand by. Being tough (as in resilient) is an important attribute, indeed. I think it's important not to confuse the two, is all. I'd say Mané, in particular, is a glaring example that you can be tough as nails and a fierce competitor and a classy person just the same.

Top Bottom