• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Our build up play is ****e. Auba has elite movement and is an elite poacher. With that type of player to have to create chances. Right now we aren't even creating half chances.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Top players at other clubs aren’t all ‘nasty’ in a physical sense, but they’re smarter than Auba. Vardy, Kane and Salah all know how to initiate contact and win a cheap penalty when the chips are down.

If you can’t score from open play then you need to indulge in the dark arts like everyone else.

Reactions: roz

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Top players at other clubs aren’t all ‘nasty’ in a physical sense, but they’re smarter than Auba. Vardy, Kane and Salah all know how to initiate contact and win a cheap penalty when the chips are down.

If you can’t score from open play then you need to indulge in the dark arts like everyone else.
:lol: blaming Aubameyang for not getting penalties cause of our lack of service

Keep em coming, this is good stuff.

novar

One of the side effects of thinking your manager is fantastic for no reason at all is placing wildly unrealistic expectations on your players, so apparently Aubameyang should have scored a couple against Wolves from absolutely nothing chances and if he doesn't, he belongs to a team like West Ham instead

Is exactly the same treatment Laca has been getting all season, and if we want to continue with this nonsense, that Nketiah, Martinelli and Balogun will receive in the future.

Coolin

:lol: blaming Aubameyang for not getting penalties cause of our lack of service

Keep em coming, this is good stuff.
Like it or not winning penalties is now an accepted part of the game. It earned Brighton a point on Saturday and it earned us 3 points against United.

It’s not a criticism of Auba, merely a key difference between him and his peers.

Reactions: roz

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Like it or not winning penalties is now an accepted part of the game. It earned Brighton a point on Saturday and it earned us 3 points against United.

It’s not a criticism of Auba, merely a key difference between him and his peers.
Nope, nonsense.

Auba should be visibly trying harder to make the fans feel good about themselves I guess, but Arteta should be facilitating what a brings offensively way better too. It shouldn't come to "Auba isn't winning enough penalties", that's crap.

In any case in order to get penalties you need guys dribbling in the box, Saka, Pepe, Willian and others don't really have the license to do that - if you look at our stats across the team compared to last season dribbling barely exists anymore. We are clearly encouraged to pass backwards or cross instead.

It is striking how rarely they progress the ball through the centre of the pitch and the issue was plain to see against Wolves. Unable to find a way through the middle, Arsenal were left repeatedly funnelling the ball out to the flanks instead. From there, they attempted a remarkable total of 31 open-play crosses - the third-most by any Premier League side in any game this season.

Damningly, only three of them even reached an Arsenal player.

Against Wolves, Arsenal only completed two dribbles over the course of the entire game. In total this season, only five Premier League sides have completed fewer. Dribbles are high-risk, of course, often a means of surrendering possession rather than creating danger, but playing it safe is getting Arsenal nowhere. They are in dire need of a spark.

In comparison, Neto or one of the short Portuguese guys completed 8 dribbles alone.

Lampety, Barnes, Grealish, Rashford are all sources of penalties for their clubs.

You guys blamed Lacazette and I told you all, he is not a cross in the box striker. Now Auba is there watching crosses sail over his head you're all getting at Auba too. Pathetic.

Source where I got the numbers from anyways:
https://www.skysports.com/football/...isolated-as-struggles-continue-against-wolves

Last edited:

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He downed tools yesterday towards the end it looks like he doesn’t believe in whatever the team is doing anymore. I would never have thought of Auba as the type to give up there must be something seriously wrong for him to be quitting the way he did in the last 15 mins.

Coolin

Nope, nonsense.

Auba should be visibly trying harder to make the fans feel good about themselves I guess, but Arteta should be facilitating what a brings offensively way better too. It shouldn't come to "Auba isn't winning enough penalties", that's crap.
Follow the discussion ffs. People were saying Auba isn’t as ‘nasty’ as his peers, which I agreed with. Being nasty isn’t just about throwing elbows and leaving your foot in, it can also be initiating contact in the box or exaggerating a challenge to get someone booked.

Most forwards are doing this at every opportunity - and they’re profiting from it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Follow the discussion ffs. People were saying Auba isn’t as ‘nasty’ as his peers, which I agreed with. Being nasty isn’t just about throwing elbows and leaving your foot in, it can also be initiating contact in the box or exaggerating a challenge to get someone booked.

Most forwards are doing this at every opportunity - and they’re profiting from it.
Auba is golden boot contender most seasons in whatever league he’s in.

We’re 9 games in and we aren’t losing cause he’s lacking a supposed mean streak.

roz

Fake News Merchant

He hates it when somebody criticises Auba, don’t take it personally bro.

Completely agree btw, another aspect of Aubas game thats lacking though I also agree with @Macho in that it should also be guys like Saka getting penalties for us. Should have a word with the Yanited England boys for some tips.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looking at Arteta’s post match comments I wonder if the Auba extension was a way of trying to bide himself some time.

Unfortunately the goals dried up.

Cape cod gunner

Should have been sold during the summer along with bellErin and the other older players. Edu or whoever running the club should be fired immediately. A bey foolishness and fukery a qwan. Signing Willian, cedric ,Luis just doesn’t make any sense. Partey over Hussem was dumb.. we’re not competing anytime soon so what’s the point.? Rather see the young gunz work hard and fail than watching these lazy old farts.

Liverpool did a complete overhaul and look at them. The Chicago cubs traded away all their valuable assets and deadbeats for younger exciting players and look how that worked out. Same with the Houston astros . We have no direction. Arteta is clueless and part of the problem. We should have started rebuilding 5 years ago instead of holding on hope for top 4. I guarantee we would be in greater position today.

Anyways just a long time reader frustrated and fed up like you all,been a gooner since Dennis scored those two beauties against Argentina!

Nuff love and respect goners!

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just notice this training video. A snippet from 6:30 onward is confusing.

I can understand the meaning for two young strikers Balogun and Martinelli exercising the move by cutting inside with Cruyff turn and shoot. Obviously Balogun seems still learning this move. But why Auba did this as well? He is an established striker and should do sessions to regain/sharpen his killing instinct. And most of the time in the matches Auba was no way near the box.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Vardy doesn't sulk though. Maybe it's because he's had to work harder than Auba to get where he is but he's a more determined player IMO.

Funny enough he did near the end of Claude Puel's tenure. I saw him visibly getting frustrated on numerous occasions. Something he didn't really show before. He was accused of not showing enough intensity. Puel even benched him a few times cos he wasn't happy with his attitude, later describing him being petulant like a child.

He got so frustrated he even started airing his grievances in public and was once caught on camara swearing at Puel after a defeat. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jamie-vardy-claude-puel-style-doesnt-suit-me-bvqxgp9nc.

https://tribuna.com/en/manutd/news/...swearing-at-his-manager-over-paul-pogba-chat/

It just shows any player can get frustrated and lose a bit of motivation if they feel things aren't working well.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Funny enough he did near the end of Claude Puel's tenure. I saw him visibly getting frustrated on numerous occasions. Something he didn't really show before. He was accused of not showing enough intensity. Puel even benched him a few times cos he wasn't happy with his attitude, later describing him being petulant like a child.

He got so frustrated he even started airing his grievances in public and was once caught on camara swearing at Puel after a defeat. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jamie-vardy-claude-puel-style-doesnt-suit-me-bvqxgp9nc.

https://tribuna.com/en/manutd/news/...swearing-at-his-manager-over-paul-pogba-chat/

It just shows any player can get frustrated and lose a bit of motivation if they feel things aren't working well.
Cut a frustrated figure as Leicester limped to a loss against Fulham tonight as well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The passing map shows auba going deep to try get a ball and try to create an attack he never been this type of player neither is laca they both made thier name being a poachers and box strikers i really don't understand the obsession with this not all strikers are called Firmino or G.Jesus that can do that.

Manberg

Predator
No striker can get chances by practically standing still in the box. I saw at least 3 great crosses from Willian and some from Saka directed to Auba go to waste. They came at all heights. Strikers attack the ball with venom. Complete opposite of what I’m seeing from Auba lately. Watch those FA cup games where Auba was busting a gut to get on the end of crosses and watch what he was doing yesterday - you will have your answer.

The one time Auba played well this month was after Pepe got sent off against Leeds. Saw a different, changed Auba. Returned to type yesterday.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Now that Özil is gone we’ve found his replacement :lol: I knew we would too. Always has to be one person we must hang on the cross.

Auba you lazy, sulky, greedy bastard,

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom