• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We've got the beeesstt striker, in the league!!

Football's worst kept secret but **** it, still absolutely buzzing. Our transfer window has gone superbly so far. If we can raise the funds needed for Partey/Aouar, we'll be a real surprise package IMO.

Woke up this morning remembering Auba extended, absolutely buzzing.

(It's not usual for me that the first thing comes to mind is football related.)

giphy.gif

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Delighted with this, no idea how anyone who has played football can say he is poor technically, go and try to replicate the goal he scored against Fulham, Liverpool, Villa etc in a match (not 5-aside), I guarantee it is a lot harder than he makes it look.
If it was that easy every left winger in the league would be getting 20 goals, the volley against Man City in the semi-final is ridiculously good technically, as was the goal in the final, albeit completely different.

In fact pretty much all his goals are technically good, this isn't Gary Lineker standing on the six yard box waiting for a lucky bounce.
He keeps things simple and makes difficult things look very easy, saying he doesn't have Van Persie or Bergkamp's technique is just pointless, he is a completely different player.
It's like saying Eto'o didn't have the technique of Messi or Iniesta, so?

He's f*cking good, enjoy him.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

2 page essay :lol:

Auba - 'I scored - That's it!'
I do wonder what they have to write about. The teams performance? Their own performance? What they could improve? Probably all of it? Is it for every single game? So many questions!

drippin

I do wonder what they have to write about. The teams performance? Their own performance? What they could improve? Probably all of it? Is it for every single game? So many questions!

One thing I thought of is that Arteta wants the players to watch the game again. Because if he didn't care about Auba's report, it isn't that important.

Watching games again from above is useful, especially if you have to think about tactics etc.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

So wrapt he's extended - truly elite goal scorer and a positive influence in the dressing room.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Interesting take on the Kane vs Auba thread on Redcafe.
Most of them Seem to rate Auba over Kane.

Who is the better player or better striker?

Saw discussion on Arsenal thread where the clear answer is
"Auba is easily better", on the other hand Sp**s fans think Kane
is among top 2-3 CFs in the world.

Kane isn't versatile but he has all the attributes for a great 9,
Auba is versatile and scores goals from any position. So what's the caf view on this.

I think Kane was, but I'm not sure I've seen Kane perform consistently at his best for at least a couple of seasons now. Plus, as you say they're different players. Kane was an amazing no.9 but could also drop deeper and link up play. Auba is more of a wide-forward, much quicker, more versatile, but not as pure a centre-forward as Kane was...

I always assumed Auba would be one of those players that declines when they lose a step. He has taken great care of himself and maybe lost a little speed but is still rapid. He has developed as a great player that can do a job across the front line. Really surprised me how he keeps improving to be a more
well rounded player.

Kane can be great but has to play himself into a rhythm and
keeps getting hurt. I would take Auba everyday of the week.

Probably a toss up overall and either player
could have more value to a team depending on what they
need. Kane is a better rounded CF but Auba has the advantage
of being able to play wide forward as well at an elite level, which is not insignificant. Kane has also had significant injuries leading him to miss large numbers of games in three of the last four seasons. Aubameyang has never missed more than a week with an injury in his entire career (knock on wood). Health is a skill.

Kane for a couple of years at his peak was better, Auba has held up his top level for longer while Kane is physically dead these days (but can still finish).

Kane was the better striker.
It has gone slightly downhill for Kane for a few seasons, with a
combination of injuries, missing quite a few matches, a defensive manager, and an overall declining squad. He scored
just 35 league goals in the past two seasons (2018/2019 +
2019/2020) - that is nowhere near world-class for a supposedly world-class striker. In the two seasons before that,
(2016/2017 + 2017/2018) he had scored nearly 60 goals. His
peak was in 2017/2018 when his "goals to appearance" ratio
was among the top three strikers in the world.
Auba is the more versatile footballer and is miles ahead of
Kane in terms of fitness. Two seasons ago, everyone would
have picked Kane ahead of Auba, this season, however, most
will pick Auba ahead of Kane. Based on current form, there's
hardly any competition between the two of them.

I'd probably slightly side with Auba because of his versatility and Kane seems somewhat shot physically.

Kane is the more complete striker, but the injury has taken something out of him. Aubameyang is definitely the more versatile player.

Kane is way too injury prone these days.
Would love to see Auba's injury record. He seems
indestructible.

Kane at his peak is better and not by an inconsiderable amount either. However he hasn’t been at his peak for a while and whilst he’s still a very good striker it remains to be seen
despite his relatively young age if he’ll ever hit those heights
again. Whereas Auba has consistently put up top numbers
both for BVB and a poor arsenal team for a number of years
now.

Kane at his best was a much more complete CF, capable of linking up better and contributing to the buildup/chance creation whereas Aubamayang is pretty limited. However over the last year or two, Aubamayang has been the better striker.

Right now there's no way you pick Kane. Aubamayang
is absolutely electric in the box whereas Kane looks a shadow
of his old self.

Overall it’s Kane, he is a more well-rounded player for me. Lately he has been struggling with his fitness though, while
Auba has been on fire after the COVID break, so, on current
form, I’d pick Auba. It’s interesting that he has developed a
new features in his game during the last couple of seasons –
while usually it’s a time of a sustained peak/steady decline for
forwards of his type at this stage of their career.

Don't care who is better. I just know they are world-class strikers wasting their talent and prime years away at the clubs that won't amount to anything. Don't even know why Aubameyang left Dortmund for Arsenal. Dortmund is a better team who is second best to currently the best team in the world and regularly compete in Europe.

Kane is a proper number 9 and one of the best in the world at it, second only to Lewandowski and arguably Aguero.
Aubameyang can play across the front line and has/had blistering pace, but he's just one of quite a few who are very
good at that, so i suppose that makes Kane better. Still, when
he was at Dortmund I really wanted us to sign him, whereas
I've never thought Kane would fit our team.

Kane is too injury prone, which makes him unreliable, and sometimes hits a run of poor form, unlike Aubameyang. Also Aubameyang has much more pace than Kane. They are both great finishers, but I was watching highlights of Aubameyang the other day (I have watched most of Kane's goals) and I must say some of Auba's goals are simply breathtaking. Also Auba can play all across the front whereas Kane is just a CF. Aubameyang rejected offers from Barca and Inter Milan this window, yet there has been no big club offers for Kane. The age difference gives Kane more years to excel, but that aside it's definitely Aubameyang for me.

Manberg

Predator
3 years is not a long time at all. I really think we need a proper plan in place of developing or purchasing the player who will replace Auba as our main goalscoring talisman. Someone we can be sure of who will do the job. It’s far easier said than done. The club should always be planning for the future.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
3 years is not a long time at all. I really think we need a proper plan in place of developing or purchasing the player who will replace Auba as our main goalscoring talisman. Someone we can be sure of who will do the job. It’s far easier said than done. The club should always be planning for the future.
In 3 years Martinelli will be 22.

Martinelli very capable of taking over from Auba. He has all the attributes of Auba and then some. Though it's not a guaranty he'll turn into top striker but so far, the signs are good.

Manberg

Predator
In 3 years Martinelli will be 22.

Martinelli very capable of taking over from Auba. He has all the attributes of Auba and then some. Though it's not a guaranty he'll turn into top striker but so far, the signs are good.

It’s a good shout, but we need other options to fall back on in case it doesn’t work out. He could become really injury prone, he may not fulfil his potential or other big clubs may prize him away. These are just some possible scenarios.

drippin

Yeah, **** otherwise. Compare him to my boy RvP, nothing footballer in comparison.

I don’t know why you’re making me post negative things on what was a positive post on a positive day.

Psst.. it's only negative to you, mostly funny to others.

But on that topic, it's amusing to think you call him a bad footballer, as if he doesn't do anything else on the pitch.

I know what you mean about the skills of Van Persie (didn't surprise you still call the traitor "your boy"), but I'd go as far as to say that staying healthy is part of being a good footballer.

Apart from that, there can be many skills that make a great footballer, like positioning, running to spaces, pressing & defending etc.

drippin

It’s a good shout, but we need other options to fall back on in case it doesn’t work out. He could become really injury prone, he may not fulfil his potential or other big clubs may prize him away. These are just some possible scenarios.

Currently it looks like we have Lacazette, who is 2 years younger than Auba.

Then we have Nketiah, Martinelli and looks like Balogun.

We can easily buy a new striker later. This group of strikers is fine for 3 years, and we will see how the young guns develop.

Manberg

Predator
Currently it looks like we have Lacazette, who is 2 years younger than Auba.

Then we have Nketiah, Martinelli and looks like Balogun.

We can easily buy a new striker later. This group of strikers is fine for 3 years, and we will see how the young guns develop.

Balogun is leaving, either this year or the next. Nketiah’s never going to produce Auba like numbers. If we’re in a situation where we have to splash out on a proven top quality striker in 3 years the fee will be colossal.

drippin

Balogun is leaving, either this year or the next. Nketiah’s never going to produce Auba like numbers. If we’re in a situation where we have to splash out on a proven top quality striker in 3 years the fee will be colossal.

Currently there are hints that Balogun will extend. Also Laca.

Auba will likely be here 3 years. No way we should block the way for our youth by buying a striker now.

Edit. I forgot we have TJJ too.

Last edited:

blaze_of_glory

Interesting take on the Kane vs Auba thread on Redcafe.
Most of them Seem to rate Auba over Kane.
Talking about how Auba shouldn't have left Dortmund because they are apparently better than us. People said the same back when Dortmund had Klopp. Then we went and banged them in their own ground. Would be the same now imo.

Pyres7

I'd like to give the youths a chance first, especially Martinelli who looks like a genuine talent. I wouldn't write anyone off too quickly, sometimes something clicks and they burst to life. Look at Gnabry, or even CR7 who looked like just a show pony at first at United. Back then, if you told someone that he was going to be scoring 40-50 goals per season they would have laughed in your face!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Psst.. it's only negative to you, mostly funny to others.

But on that topic, it's amusing to think you call him a bad footballer, as if he doesn't do anything else on the pitch.

I know what you mean about the skills of Van Persie (didn't surprise you still call the traitor "your boy"), but I'd go as far as to say that staying healthy is part of being a good footballer.

Apart from that, there can be many skills that make a great footballer, like positioning, running to spaces, pressing & defending etc.
Do you ever quote me without crying like a woman in your posts about something?

Top Bottom