• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When we had Mesut we needed a killer striker and a stronger spine, now we got Auba, Partey, Gabriel etc but there is no creative force.

You can’t make this up.

Sisyphus like

tenor.gif

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

When we had Mesut we needed a killer striker and a stronger spine, now we got Auba, Partey, Gabriel etc but there is no creative force.

You can’t make this up.

RvP left in the same summer we signed Cazorla ffs. Just a season of those two together.. we always do it to ourselves.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

For me, you put your best players in their best position and you find a balance around that. Aubameyang on the flanks particularly out on the right is a waste.

Whatever Lacazette offers is not enough to justify it.

Put Auba through the middle and put genuine wide forwards out wide.

It’s super annoying because we lose creativity out wide and lose finishing in and around the box with one poor decision. The fact we haven’t yet seen a front 3 of Saka, Auba and Pepe since Arteta arrived is strange to me.

GoonerBoy19

Dont want to blame Auba as of now, we have been terrible in the middle of park. Slow transition and lack of ideas, our entire attack is one dimensional based on wing backs. Auba on left is ok but Arteta needs to mix up his tactics, we are super predictable now. This is premier league you cannot do same garbage week in week out and expect to survive.

9jagooner

We need to desist from asking him to defend like we are currently doing. This guy is 30+, he should conserve his strength in games. Having him run around the field is not good for him and the team.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We need to desist from asking him to defend like we are currently doing. This guy is 30+, he should conserve his strength in games. Having him run around the field is not good for him and the team.
No one ask him to defend.
We need a striker who is better on the ball, who can drop deeper to make combination passes, someone more skillful and capable to dribble past players. A player like suarez/firmino/benzema/van Persie.

Impact

Established Member
Özil and Auba played plenty of games together. Özil still ended up with 2 assists after a season.

I can understand Arteta's position regarding Özil so want to back him but even if Özil is not the silver bullet some make him out to be, he offers qualities that are barely present in our squad.

Yesterday the problem with our attack was outside of Saka, we had no ability to retain the ball so as to build pressure in the final third. It kept coming back to us. Özil, irrespective of his declining ability to find the final pass, absolutely helps to solve that issue. We would have been able to be parked for longer periods much higher up the pitch and that may have led to a different game.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I deleted my post from page 2. I say such cringe stuff sometimes :eek:ops:

Since you are deleting your cringe posts, can you delete all your stuff in the Xhaka thread too ;)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Arteta needs to look at his CF options.

Laca is too slow and developing an annoying tactic of throwing himself to the floor for no reason.

Nketiah is maybe not ready, if he was Arteta would surely be starting him ahead of Laca.

Pepe hasn't been tried at CF and the way he plays on the wing suggests he would be hopeless as his ball control is appalling.

Auba, one of the best strikers in the game, does it every season. Why hasn't he at least been tried!

Saka Auba Pepe

Saka Auba Willian

Has to be worth a try. We need a fluid attack who can switch it around, you cant do that with Laca in the attack.

Top Bottom