• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
my bad, thought he only had 18 months left when he left Liverpool
He signed a 5 year deal a season before he left. I’m guessing that deal was signed so Liverpool could maximise their potential fee. Think Suarez done something similar.

Meanwhile we’re taking deals off the table and letting players leave for free (Ramsey) and continuing to let others run their deal down (Auba). These two combined would fetch you 120M plus type fee but we’re probably losing both for a combined 40Mish.

D

Dial Square 1886

If Barca are genuinely in and offering a decent fee, then we must sell.

Have to be thinking 2 years ahead now, no point worrying too much about this season TBH.

Only way is down for Auba as well. He has given us his best for the time he has been here and all credit to him for that.

zilfy

Iwobi goes down as homegrown I think.

He is also about 7 years younger than Auba yet highly experienced. With the market inflating every year 30 odd for Iwobi was about right when you consider some players moving for more.

Auba in the summer will be 31. Whoever buys him next knows it's short term. There will be no resale value. Whoever buys him is basically buying him to ensure they win a league or champions league in the next 2 years.

He will also only have 1 year left on his deal.

Now considering Eden Hazard was 27 (in his prime), had one year left on his deal he went for what £80m.

Auba is arguably less talented in general as Hazard, 4 years older and at a club which is known for getting bullied in transfers. In my opinion the most we are getting is between 40-50m.

Which realistically is reasonable. Will it cost us more to replace him? Yes. But in replacing him we sign someone who is younger, probably on a lower salary and has a potential to be sold down the line if required to boost funds.
True. I forgot about his age

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Aubameyang: “I promised my grandfather I’d play for Madrid”

Dortmund’s Gabonese star spoke to L’Equipe: “I told him before he died. It’s difficult but it’s something I keep in mind.”

Sorry, Grandfather. I will play for their biggest rivals, Barcelona.
I don't think Barca is interested in Auba. They are only searching someone for the rest of the season to replace Suarez. They are already on their limit in relation to wages. They can't offer Auba a long contract with a huge salary.

They would have Suarez (33), Messi (32), Aubameyang (30) and Griezmann with 28 isn't that young anymore too. That would be a horrible squad structure from Barca.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Our captain, number 14, leading striker being sold to Barcelona...think this is an annoying re-run...

...There was a video just like this, with the same song, made after Henry left us in 2007...lost track of the amount of time I wasted watching that video, i was sad literally and figuratively...I was 15 when he left, right in that juicy emotional period of ones life, and God did it hurt...I had mentally prepared myself for him to leave for basically the whole previous season, but seeing him hold up the Barca shirt on Sky Sports for the first time broke me, it's horrible when your first ever favourite player no longer plays for your club.

I remember just sitting in my room heartbroken, for the rest of that day really...my younger cousin, aged 8 at the time, walked up to my locked door and said... "it's ok to be sad, just don't kill yourself, because then I will be sad" ...weird day that was :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
:lol:

Any excuse for @Riou to tell us a story from 12 years ago.

giphy.gif

;)

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If Auba states he want to go in the summer sell.

If we were to sell now it would need to be 20m+ more than what we would get in the summer.
Which isnt happening.

Let him go for 30-40m in the summer and take the time to get the right player in.

We have no time to be handing 31 year olds 400-500k a week. He is a good goalscorer but little else.

For 50m and 100k a week we could probably find someone who isn't as prolific but maybe adds more to the team.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Barca lost to an inspired Coquelin Valencia side yesterday. Hoping it Sp**s them on to to panic and bid 60mil for Auba.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We don't have to look back far to realise keeping a player with a year left on his contract who wants out never pays. If he wants out and the fee is acceptable, sell!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I used to think that but strikers is a bit different tbh. All the top strikers are older than 30. Auba has a lot of things you can’t coach or realistically find on the market right now.

Plus we aren’t signing anyone decent for 50m in this climate, you man will just moan and complain daily.

Unless one accidentally emerges from the academy or an unknown left field signing I doubt we will a sign a striker of this guys quality for a long time.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Again, I dont get Barca's transfer business, they've been linked to Auba, Rodrigo and Ben Yedder, cant they just, I dunno play Griezmann up top? Even Messi has played there before.

I dont see the need for them to add a striker in January, at a high price and one they will probably lose interest in, Auba is a great goalscorer but I cant see him fitting Barca's style at all.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Again, I dont get Barca's transfer business, they've been linked to Auba, Rodrigo and Ben Yedder, cant they just, I dunno play Griezmann up top? Even Messi has played there before.

I dont see the need for them to add a striker in January, at a high price and one they will probably lose interest in, Auba is a great goalscorer but I cant see him fitting Barca's style at all.
I think Auba could fit well there tbh. They lack off the ball runners in team at the moment and you won’t find a better player off the ball than Auba in attack. He’ll bring some much needed potency to all their sterile possession and he can play in multiple positions they lack depth in.

They should’ve just bought a LW last summer, someone like Sterling/Son imo. The Griezmann transfer made little sense back then and it’s looking even dumber now.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I think Auba could fit well there tbh. They lack off the ball runners in team at the moment and you won’t find a better player off the ball than Auba in attack. He’ll bring some much needed potency to all their sterile possession and he can play in multiple positions they lack depth in.

They should’ve just bought a LW last summer, someone like Sterling/Son imo. The Griezmann transfer made little sense back then and it’s looking even dumber now.

I would have thought they would just use Dembele at LW, he's pretty two footed and has been used there before for them but they just seem to not want too use him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I used to think that but strikers is a bit different tbh. All the top strikers are older than 30. Auba has a lot of things you can’t coach or realistically find on the market right now.

Plus we aren’t signing anyone decent for 50m in this climate, you man will just moan and complain daily.

Unless one accidentally emerges from the academy or an unknown left field signing I doubt we will a sign a striker of this guys quality for a long time.

It's because those strikers who were brilliant are at the end of their careers. It isnt because they got better over time. Suarez isnt better now than when he was 27. Aguero was as prolific 3 years ago as now.

The elite stay elite for longer but that can be down to playing for the best teams who generally create and score more, hence looking good.

Auba is 31 in summer. Apart from his nack of getting into the right position at the right time and being a good finisher which are 2 vital things for a good striker, he does lack other qualities. I have yet to really see him run at a defender drop the shoulder and pass him like Henry used to do. Or Salah or Traore does for Wolves.

Auba seems quick but in a 100m race where you just run in a straight line without a ball or without having to be agile and change direction quickly.

Despite being relatively tall he never wins challenges in the air. He jumps as if hes half interested. Maybe hes afraid of getting wiped out by a big centre back but you never see him backing into a defender and challenging using abit of nouse. Kane does it and gets away with it every week.

Auba looks like he wants one more go at winning things and in all honesty who can blame him. Hes probably 2 years left in him.

2 years at Barcelona or Real Madrid with a chance to win things and guaranteed champions league or 2 years at Arsenal. Easy choice.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Our captain, number 14, leading striker being sold to Barcelona...think this is an annoying re-run...

...There was a video just like this, with the same song, made after Henry left us in 2007...lost track of the amount of time I wasted watching that video, i was sad literally and figuratively...I was 15 when he left, right in that juicy emotional period of ones life, and God did it hurt...I had mentally prepared myself for him to leave for basically the whole previous season, but seeing him hold up the Barca shirt on Sky Sports for the first time broke me, it's horrible when your first ever favourite player no longer plays for your club.

I remember just sitting in my room heartbroken, for the rest of that day really...my younger cousin, aged 8 at the time, walked up to my locked door and said... "it's ok to be sad, just don't kill yourself, because then I will be sad" ...weird day that was :lol:

After the CL finale I was out in the balcony chainsmoking and My mate came out and hugged me from behind which I thought was very weird
Turned out he thought I was gonna jump :p
Later that night I placed a bet for 5000 that we would win the next year :(

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I would have thought they would just use Dembele at LW, he's pretty two footed and has been used there before for them but they just seem to not want too use him.
Setien will definitely use him more than Valverde when fit. The problem is that he’s barely fit these days and the depth is really poor now that Malcom is gone as well. They could’ve used someone like Auba/Son who can play across the frontline instead of splurging 120m on a poor man’s Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom