• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I am a master of stock picking and i am telling you all: it is time to sell. It do be like that

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
After the CL finale I was out in the balcony chainsmoking and My mate came out and hugged me from behind which I thought was very weird
Turned out he thought I was gonna jump :p
Later that night I placed a bet for 5000 that we would win the next year :(

I'm surprised you didn't jump the following year!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's because those strikers who were brilliant are at the end of their careers. ItAuba is 31 in summer. Apart from his nack of getting into the right position at the right time and being a good finisher which are 2 vital things for a good striker, he does lack other qualities. I have yet to really see him run at a defender drop the shoulder and pass him like Henry used to do. Or Salah or Traore does for Wolves.

Auba seems quick but in a 100m race where you just run in a straight line without a ball or without having to be agile and change direction quickly.
You’re watching the wrong stuff buddy. Plenty speedy and tricky, him only being a goal scorer/poacher the biggest myth on here.

I’ll give you the headers, but Henry scores less than a handful of headers during his entire time here so I refuse to hold that against him.

PEA is better than a lot on here give him credit for and if you think we’re finding better in this market you’re a joker.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You’re watching the wrong stuff buddy. Plenty speedy and tricky, him only being a goal scorer/poacher the biggest myth on here.

I’ll give you the headers, but Henry scores less than a handful of headers during his entire time here so I refuse to hold that against him.

PEA is better than a lot on here give him credit for and if you think we’re finding better in this market you’re a joker.

He doesnt run at players jockey and then speed past them. Very rarely do we see him in full fight with the ball at his feet. Bale or Henry-esque.

In relation to headers I'm not talking about him scoring. I'm talking about long balls up he never wins a flick on or holds the ball up. He often doesnt even challenge the defender in a way that would be effective. He just jumps too look like he is.

Obviously look he cant do everything and he is an exceptional goalscorer and while I agree with you that we may not find a better goal scorer than him, if his heart is set on a move we have to cash in. No point keeping him for a year and letting him leave for free.

As good as he is theres always another player ready and waiting to take his place. Its about finding the right one which is easier said than done.

In my opinion in the summer I would possibly look at selling both Laca and Auba and look towards some younger players. Who? I'm not sure but we need to build a team that in 3-4 years will have developed and challenging top 4. That wont happen with a 34 year old and 32 year old leading the line.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Disappointing we’re again letting a players contract run down. Clearly learnt **** all from Özil, Alexis and Ramsey.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Disappointing we’re again letting a players contract run down. Clearly learnt **** all from Özil, Alexis and Ramsey.

The problem is his age.

After his first season had he been 25 no doubt they would have maybe offered him an improved deal with longer terms.

However by the end of his contract he will be 32. Arsenal clearly have tried to negotiate and extend but he probably doesnt want to spend another 2 or 3 years in Europa or worse.

The club also cant just say today ok you wont sign we will sell you right now. It's a balance between who is interested in him, at what price and what effect will that have on this season. Right now he has to stay but in summer he will surely be sold.

TornadoTed

Established Member

Well this Summer will tell us a lot about how honest Raul and Vinai are. They came said that players wouldn't be allowed to to enter the last year of their contract, Auba, Luiz, Sokratis, Özil and Mustafi's contracts expire in 2021 so time will tell. If they are telling the truth then those 5 should either be moved on or extended this Summer.

I actually think this Summer will be a moment of truth on a few aspects. The first real window with Edu for a start. Will we dip into the reserves again like with the Pepe transfer or will the purse strings be tightened with another season outside the Champions League?

I think we will have a clearer idea in August if we are on a new path as a club or if it's just more of the same dressed up a different way.

Last edited:

goonergaz

Well this Summer will tell us a lot about how honest Raul and Vinai are. They came said that players wouldn't be allowed to to enter the last year of their contract, Auba, Luiz, Sokratis, Özil and Mustafi's contracts expire in 2021 so time will tell. If they are telling the truth then those 5 should either be moved on or extended this Summer.

I actually think this Summer will be a moment of truth on a few aspects. The first real window with Edu for a start. Will we dip into the reserves again like with the Pepe transfer or will the purse strings be tightened with another season outside the Champions League?

I think we will have a clearer idea in August if we are on a new path as a club or if it's just more of the same dressed up a different way.

You can forget including Luiz due to his age, we'd be mad to tie him down until he's over 34.

TornadoTed

Established Member
You can forget including Luiz due to his age, we'd be mad to tie him down until he's over 34.

I wouldn't want us extending any of their contracts to be honest, I was just repeating what Raul and Vinai said.

I would try to move them on for whatever we can get, even knock down fees rather than paying an extra years wages than losing them for free.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It'll be difficult to sell now many reports saying barca could come late and make good bid this week.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Even Chelsea ffs. These clubs are buying goals for at least another 3 years with Auba.

Chelsea are up against it financially, could be in serious trouble if they don’t get top four.

Also rumours the Glazers are trying to sell Utd so are reducing investment, a 30 year old from a rival team is probably not what they want to do.

Malky

Established Member
The idiots running this club will likely let Barca have him on loan for the remainder of the season with an agreement they can have him cheaper in the summer.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Sadly not everything is in their hands.

If these players don't want to leave in summer or don't want to extrend their contract, nothing much the board can do.
They all have valid contracts. For example Özil.
I could imagine he want to finish his career in Turkey or in the United States. Turkish/MLS Clubs will not pay a huge fee and can't afford the wage he is getting here.
So the club would need to pay a huge compensation to him or he will not leave.
So the club has to decide if these players still bring some quality into the squad or it's worth to pay the compensation.

I think expired contracts on older players aren't such a huge problem. I have no problem if Luiz, Sokratis and Özil will leave on free. Because they aren't generating a high fee and still giving you a solid squad option.

Auba is of course another topic, because he is still peforming on Top Level.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I could imagine he want to finish his career in Turkey or in the United States. Turkish/MLS Clubs will not pay a huge fee and can't afford the wage he is getting here.

Presumably, if Arsenal wants to move Özil and get his wages off the books, any transfer fee would be minimal. Theoretically, any MLS club could pay him the same wages he gets at Arsenal because he would be a Designated Player. They wouldn't, of course. But they could structure a package similar to how David Beckham was paid with the Galaxy, including salary, revenue sharing, endorsements, appearances and licensing, that would be very competitive and give him more over a period of years than he might make elsewhere. Forbes actually ranked Becks as the 8th highest paid athlete in the world in his last season with the Galaxy. He earned more than $50 million (£38.3m) in 2012. And we've had 8 years of inflation on these things. Of course Özil doesn't have the kind of star power Beckham has, but DC United could set him up in a pretty sweet deal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Barca are trying to sign Rodrigo this evening many reports about it. Auba clearly not for sale this window

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For the best he stays this window, just hope we can either extend him or sell in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom