• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don't mate :lol:, I have a problem with him starting on the LW, and as you are saying, I have the same problem with Martinelli playing there but I'm a bit happier because he does more running and can press better.
I see Auba as our version of Pedro in his glory days at Barca, a LF who would only be at the end of things. But we are so far away from that Barca and we can't allow having a player who can't contribute to our buildup from the wing. There's just not enough creativity within the team to have that luxury.
It's basically not Auba who I would blame, it's more down to our system, but Auba's number's fooled many people that we need to take the hit on our creativity and use his goals instead. That was never going to work
So you'd be ok with Auba and Martinelli being rotated centrally and a creative player on the left?

I would too tbh.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So you'd be ok with Auba and Martinelli being rotated centrally and a creative player on the left?
Idk, I believe that our team doesn't have enough technical quality/creativity. Having either of them as a CF means we are dropping Laca, but Laca is a massive help in the build process. Until we raise technical quality within the team so our CF is not needed in the process, I think we're gonna struggle with either of them playing there.
That's why I was hoping that we would offload him in the summer and buy a technical LF, but I doubt we would find a buyer due to covid.
Auba will give us 20+ goals as a CF if we would have enough technical quality, but that isn't the case so I'm against having him here

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Idk, I believe that our team doesn't have enough technical quality/creativity. Having either of them as a CF means we are dropping Laca, but Laca is a massive help in the build process. Until we raise technical quality within the team so our CF is not needed in the process, I think we're gonna struggle with either of them playing there.
That's why I was hoping that we would offload him in the summer and buy a technical LF, but I doubt we would find a buyer due to covid.
Auba will give us 20+ goals as a CF if we would have enough technical quality, but that isn't the case so I'm against having him here
Fair enough. I disagree as I’m glad Auba is here, but I find no fault with your reasoning you raise valid points.

As much as I like Laca I don’t see him here next season so what we have planned for upfront is interesting.

Kav

Established Member
I like Auba but i am objective. His decline has been worse than Özil's since the contract renewal. What is it with players going on early retirement the moment they get big contracts?

Why

Always Me ?
Based off Auba's performances this season. I would say he shouldn't be starting. Not really seeing anything that makes me think he isn't a passenger in every game. Even the last few games, he has barely done anything.

Why

Always Me ?
Our best post invincible attacking players are:
Van Persie
Sanchez
Hleb
Nasri
Cazorla
Arshavin
Fabregas
Rosicky
Gnabry
Vela

Is this best for us? Or future talent?

Gnabry played 12 games for us, and scored 2 goals and got 1 assist?

I mean yeh now he is good, but for us he didn't do much :) Podolski was more clinical and useful than Gnabry, plus he scored some belters.

Hell even Eduardo was better than Gnabry for us, then your forgetting Ramsey, Walcott, Reyes, and even Gervinho.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Auba: "Our relationship is very good. We are very sincere towards each other."

Arteta, standing behind Pierre during that interview...

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like Auba but i am objective. His decline has been worse than Özil's since the contract renewal. What is it with players going on early retirement the moment they get big contracts?

Really do think it's confirmation bias and not linked at all to his contract. Look at the fundamentals of our play. I'm not big on xG but... Auba doesn't contribute much at all in build up and so our drop off in xG is not due to him not playing well. We just aren't creating the chances for him to finish.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Really do think it's confirmation bias and not linked at all to his contract. Look at the fundamentals of our play. I'm not big on xG but... Auba doesn't contribute much at all in build up and so our drop off in xG is not due to him not playing well. We just aren't creating the chances for him to finish.

We aren't creating many chances but at the same time he is playing so bad. And there comes a point where he gets overly frustrated with his runs not being found and he just stops making them. He can't dribble past players, he can't really pass, he's incredibly limited.

I still think LW is the best place for him in this system, he just doesn't work at CF and I doubt Arteta wants to change his system to suit Auba playing up front. Nor would I want Arteta to change his system, its his style of play and he needs his players for it to work.

Why

Always Me ?

Not sure if that is true though. Prior to our resurgence yes. But last few games he has had a lot of chances, think it was the first game we played ESR. He had two balls over the top from Saka that were brilliant that he normally would have banged in all day, and then a number of headers, 1v1's. He just has not been putting them away when he gets them.

Even in the link above of all his goals he got the ball outside the box or cut in from the wing and scored goals. He isn't doing that either.

Maybe its confidence, but he does look off the pace, and prior to ESR looked completely unbothered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom