<

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Well, He's On The Pitch

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Batman, Aug 1, 2020.

1. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Ramsey was kind of rubbish tbh, he just scored some good goals otherwise he was a liability. I feel like he gets overrated because of sympathy with his leg break and coming back from it.

2. Aubamagoal

Aubamagoal Active Member

Whilee Van Persie was probably the biggest talent I've seen play at the Emirates, Aubameyang has the bigger impact, will have achieved more and ultimately will leave behind a far superior legacy.

That contract extension equates to loyalty, something those ****s (Fabregas, Van Persie) never had.

3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

[​IMG]

Auba liked this tweet :lol:

Macho and Riou like this.
  4. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Arsenal fan base right now...

[​IMG]

5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

At least we know that GDeep goes as @PierrickMiguel on twitter.

Camron, Oxeki and Riou like this.
  6. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Tbf for a guy who scores as much as he does, 8th place and getting knocked out of Europa is below his level. He's never played for a team that's challenging for top honours. The FA Cup was the first proper trophy he's won.

7. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

Also he unliked the tweet soon after. 100% misread it (may not have realized the Arsenal dig at the end) or mistakenly pressed like.

As if that didn't happen once to 99% of Twitter. Difference is nobody gives a ****.

Edit: Also are Twitter *fans* really going after auba for this? What in the world is wrong with people? No, Auba doesn't have to give you any explanation you pricks.

8. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

I don't really care about twitter or who likes what, I'm just talking about the content of the tweet.

Macho and Taneruit like this.
  9. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

He's won the German Cup with Dortmund ( plus a few German Community Shields ;) )

Think he won the French Cup with Saint-Etienne, that's a pretty impressive feat.

His trophy cabinet isn't the best, but at least it's not Harry Kane level!

Pop Tart, Pyres7 and Taneruit like this.
  10. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Yeah he won the German FA cup and the French Carling cup so I was wrong there. 3 domestic cups is alright but if he wants Europe and league success the clubs he goes to aren't really the ones with a realistic chance.

Who gives af about harry kane? Can't stand Arsenal fans that have Sp**s on their mind 24/7, they're beneath us.

Pop Tart likes this.
  11. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

Modern fans can be truly pitiful. Who gives a ****. It's social media, could be an accident. Could be language barrier, could be that he just took from it that he is a top tier striker.

He's just signed a new contract and potentially committed his remaining career to us. Perhaps it would be good not to be at the guys throat who has been involved in everything good around this club for a few years.

GoonerJeeves likes this.
  12. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Best Premiership midfielder for the 2013/14 season, m8. Injuries ruined him.

13. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

To be fair, prime (healthy) Van Persie is very arguably the finest to grace to PL since Ronaldo ****ed off to Madrid a ~decade ago — very high bar.

If Auba restores us to perennial top 4-dom, let alone title challenger status, he’ll 100% be considered a club legend.

14. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

:lol: VP is so overrated amongst Arsenal fans it’s nuts.

Oxeki likes this.
  15. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Yep, just a quick think and for example Hazard, Suarez & Aguero are similar level and have not been always injured, so much bigger impact. What about Salah?

Van Persie had only 2 injury-free seasons so he loses these comparisons easily.

Oxeki and Macho like this.
  16. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Torres was better.

17. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Outrageous stuff that. Goal scoring record nowhere near RVP if you compare peaks.

Robin had two and a half years as the best striker in the world.

GeorgiaGunner and OnlyOne like this.
  18. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

He was up there, but there were a number of more rounded influential players/strikers compared to RvP.

I think his crazy technique just puts him on a special pedalstool in Arsenal fan's minds.
    I don't know about Torres (I loved Liverpool Torres personally) but yeah a few names who have easily surpassed whatever RvP did have already been mentioned.

19. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Kidding, I wasn't even a football fan in those days.

American_Gooner likes this.
  20. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Back then, I felt Ade was a more rounded player than Torres, still stand buy this.