• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Arteta wants a number 9 to press and that’s it. He even played Willock and Willian at CF while Auba was on the pitch.

It’s made me question him quite seriously.

Thing is whatever Arteta wants from the 9 is clearly not working as we have been one of the worst offensive teams in the league this season, so I don't see the importance in protecting this system. Even if Auba can't play the way Arteta wants in that position, why not change the role? Our best stretch this season was when Auba played centrally against Sheffield, lasted for 10 minutes maybe before he got stuck back on the wings.

Ashybashy86

Arteta needs to look at his CF options.

Laca is too slow and developing an annoying tactic of throwing himself to the floor for no reason.

Nketiah is maybe not ready, if he was Arteta would surely be starting him ahead of Laca.

Pepe hasn't been tried at CF and the way he plays on the wing suggests he would be hopeless as his ball control is appalling.

Auba, one of the best strikers in the game, does it every season. Why hasn't he at least been tried!

Saka Auba Pepe

Saka Auba Willian

Has to be worth a try. We need a fluid attack who can switch it around, you cant do that with Laca in the attack.
We still haven't had a good answer as to why Auba doesn't play up front. It's almost as if he's said he doesn't want to play there.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We still haven't had a good answer as to why Auba doesn't play up front. It's almost as if he's said he doesn't want to play there.

Well we certainly haven't answered it on the pitch. I think Arteta has to do it. As I said we need a fluid dynamic attack, for me I'd go

Saka Auba Pepe

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thing is whatever Arteta wants from the 9 is clearly not working as we have been one of the worst offensive teams in the league this season, so I don't see the importance in protecting this system. Even if Auba can't play the way Arteta wants in that position, why not change the role? Our best stretch this season was when Auba played centrally against Sheffield, lasted for 10 minutes maybe before he got stuck back on the wings.

I think Arteta is getting a little harshly criticized so far...I don't think this is a particularly great squad, too many flaws in it.

But this is one criticism I think is justified, he needs to experiment more with our striker...give Pepe-Auba-Saka (even play Willian in midfield in a 4-3-3) a run of games, see if that works...as it seems Laca is finished now and Eddie will almost certainly only be good enough to be a back-up striker in a team like Arsenal, our attack isn't working.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Its the only way to go. I'd personally have Saka in the midfield 3 and Willian at LW though.

Yes either way, I just feel we've got to do it, we've tried everything else. Also I'd like to see Willock get a run with Partey. He gets forward well, it could work well with Partey.

Saka/Willian Auba Pepe

Willian/Saka

Willock Partey

Tierney Gabriel Luiz Bellerin

Leno

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yes either way, I just feel we've got to do it, we've tried everything else. Also I'd like to see Willock get a run with Partey. He gets forward well, it could work well with Partey.

Saka/Willian Auba Pepe

Willian/Saka

Willock Partey

Tierney Gabriel Luiz Bellerin

Leno
Willock is not good on the ball. He is not like Cazorla who could dribble past players.
And willock is not a good passer. Having him in the midfield is giving away possession.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
"Insert Arsenal player" is not good on the ball. He is not like Cazorla, Hleb, Nasri, Cesc.

We need Szoboszlai, Bellanova, etc etc etc..
I agree with you. We will play good attacking possession entertaining beautiful football like we were in 07-12 if we get rid of auba, laca, Özil, Nketiah and willock.

Aouar was top of my list way before he cost this much and way before we even linked with him. Back then you must have thought “who the fxxk is Aouar?”
@Macho

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Think it’s abit lazy to simply claim his contract is the issue, or say he had a chance yesterday and he missed it.

Auba is chasing fullbacks now under Arteta.
Arteta was your first choice as well wasn’t he?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I noticed he took painkillers halfway through the first half and he looked off colour so we'll forgive him for that. Playing him on the left I understand.. but the right? What possible benefit is there to that?
Teams were clocking on to our left sided build-up and were just throwing bodies there. I think that was why.

Riou

Arteta was your first choice as well wasn’t he?

He's going after Arteta now and pretending to go after Arsène too, it's his new thing...let him have his fun.

Riou

Worst poster on AM being the worst poster on AM as usual.

Luckily for me you go 180 with all your opinions on here, so soon you will consider me the best poster on AM...nice :drool:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Luckily for me you go 180 with all your opinions on here, so soon you will consider me the best poster on AM...nice :drool:
180 like what? Btw, I said Auba is not WC and you called me a troll, yesterday then you claimed Auba is not WC. Explain that?

Give me a list of all my 180s.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom