<

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by MDGoonah41, Mar 9, 2013.

?

Do you want us to sign him?

1. Yes

174 vote(s)
    80.9%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    8.4%
  3. Maybe

23 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/09/arsenal-scouts-run-rule-over-african-neymar-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-3534136/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/09/arsenal-s ... g-3534136/</a>

this guy is a fifa monster

i dont trust grimandi any more though, tbh

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

He is good player scoring for fun at saint etienne this season.

young cheap decent player and play in french league typical wenger signing? yes of course

3. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

We should have left Grimandi over in France.

American_Gooner likes this.
  4. leo_ense

leo_ense New Member

The only reason he's the African neymar is because they look like twins and have the same ****ing haircut. He's still a good player though, just not Neymar level.

5. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

definitely has pace to burn, something we currently lack, outside of theo

6. Bigbludfire

Bigbludfire Well-Known Member

If he can't create something for himself I don't want to hear it :|

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Seen a little bit of him for Zambia in the African Nations, he is quick and a tidy finisher.

Kroket likes this.
  8. Gunner_Brody

Gunner_Brody New Member

Ive watched a fair bit of him and he is a good player has alot of pace and is tall been played on the rw at saint ettiene recently. he is tall as well as being pacey so could do well in our system because players would be able to play off him as well as being able to use his pace to counter. If we were to sign any attacker from the french league really i would want it to be him(other than ibra/lavezzi). Worth a punt i think i know our record with french ligue attackers isnt good in recent years but i think he has the attributes to succeed. He plays for Gabon btw Gdeep.

9. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

This is the guy with the bejeweled boots right?

edit - Yeah

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2246855/Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-warms-Saint-Etienne-2-500-crystal-Nike-boots.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... boots.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[​IMG]

10. GunnerBP

GunnerBP Well-Known Member Trusted

If we signed him and then sold Gervinho I'd be pleased with this.

11. Bigbludfire

Bigbludfire Well-Known Member

Is this a GDeep joke or...? He plays for Gabon :|

12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Zambia won the African Nations in Gabon last year which I watched through out, just a mix up from me on who Aubemeyeng played for.

13. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

Huge fan of this guy. Blazing fast, composed finisher, can create something special at times and he's a nice guy as well.

Look at the pace here, ridiculous.

Honestly think this guy would be a monster. He's definitely an alternative to Giroud, but he's not as limited as Walcott either, meaning he could probably play the CF role for Arsenal to an acceptable level.

This guy would be a signing that I'd be excited to see play for Arsenal. Although no where near as good, he can be Henry-esque at times with his pace and finishing in the final third.

14. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

Is he able to come in and be our starting CF?
    If not & he's another project for the future then I'd still want the likes of Higuian to lead the line.

IIRC this is the first time under AW's tenure that we've had a raw forward line.
    LeSulk & TH had DB10 to let them settle;
    RVP had TH & Fabregas;
    Greedy & Eduardo had both RVP & Fabregas.
    But this season we've had Podolski & Giroud both new to the club as well as a new AMC.

15. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Should have signed Zaha. No thanks.

16. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

Yea we're crying out for a 6 goals a season championship player

17. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

Watched him a few times before, hes got the raw ability to become a quality CF, hes very strong, extremely quick and a good finisher.
    What would worry me is the rest of his game, his linkup play and movement in particular. Not that I've seen him enough to judge but the times I saw him he was more of a counter attacking striker who could rip poor defences apart, I'm not sure if he could do it against a lower team playing inside their own box.

As backup I wouldn't say no because he has potential, but if we signed him as out main CF i wouldn't be happy at all.

18. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

You're right we should be raiding ligue one as our last 4 ligue 1 forward signings have all hit the ground running. Hopefully this guy would offer as much as Chamakh, Park, Gervinho and league top scorer Giroud.

I'm sorry but we can't take another risk on a player like this.

19. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

I'm not saying we should, but Zaha is a bigger risk, suggesting we should have splashed 15m on a player who may never go onto be something is silly talk

20. illmatik

illmatik Active Member

Yes please, really wanted him here last summer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.