• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Arsenal have joined the race for Saint Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after trusted scout Gilles Grimandi ran the rule over him on Friday night.

Aubameyang, who has been dubbed ‘the African Neymar’, is rated as a huge star in France and has backed that up with 16 goals this season – including one in front of Grimandi as Saint Etienne drew 2-2 with Rennes.

Arsène Wenger had his chief talent spotter in France watch Aubameyang specifically, while Chelsea, Newcastle and Tottenham were also in attendance to monitor the Gabon hitman.

It is thought Grimandi gave a glowing report on Aubameyang and his progress this term, and Wenger is now set to send chief scout Steve Rowley in the coming weeks to beef up their knowledge on the player.

Newcastle already know all about the 23-year-old having bid for him in January, only for Saint Etienne to reject the offer as they hope to hold out until the summer for a bigger fee.

The Ligue 1 side are believed to want up to £15million, but with Aubameyang pushing for a move to England and refusing to sign a new contract, the sale price could be closer to £10million.

<a class="postlink" href="http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/09/arsenal-scouts-run-rule-over-african-neymar-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-3534136/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/09/arsenal-s ... g-3534136/</a>

this guy is a fifa monster

i dont trust grimandi any more though, tbh

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He is good player scoring for fun at saint etienne this season.

young cheap decent player and play in french league typical wenger signing? yes of course

leo_ense

Established Member
The only reason he's the African neymar is because they look like twins and have the same ****ing haircut. He's still a good player though, just not Neymar level.

Gunner_Brody

Ive watched a fair bit of him and he is a good player has alot of pace and is tall been played on the rw at saint ettiene recently. he is tall as well as being pacey so could do well in our system because players would be able to play off him as well as being able to use his pace to counter. If we were to sign any attacker from the french league really i would want it to be him(other than ibra/lavezzi). Worth a punt i think i know our record with french ligue attackers isnt good in recent years but i think he has the attributes to succeed. He plays for Gabon btw Gdeep.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is the guy with the bejeweled boots right?

edit - Yeah

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2246855/Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-warms-Saint-Etienne-2-500-crystal-Nike-boots.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... boots.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rsz_article_2246855_16799a14000005dc_307_634x833.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
Zambia won the African Nations in Gabon last year which I watched through out, just a mix up from me on who Aubemeyeng played for.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Huge fan of this guy. Blazing fast, composed finisher, can create something special at times and he's a nice guy as well.

Look at the pace here, ridiculous.

Honestly think this guy would be a monster. He's definitely an alternative to Giroud, but he's not as limited as Walcott either, meaning he could probably play the CF role for Arsenal to an acceptable level.

This guy would be a signing that I'd be excited to see play for Arsenal. Although no where near as good, he can be Henry-esque at times with his pace and finishing in the final third.

Anzac

Established Member
Is he able to come in and be our starting CF?
If not & he's another project for the future then I'd still want the likes of Higuian to lead the line.

IIRC this is the first time under AW's tenure that we've had a raw forward line.
LeSulk & TH had DB10 to let them settle;
RVP had TH & Fabregas;
Greedy & Eduardo had both RVP & Fabregas.
But this season we've had Podolski & Giroud both new to the club as well as a new AMC.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Watched him a few times before, hes got the raw ability to become a quality CF, hes very strong, extremely quick and a good finisher.
What would worry me is the rest of his game, his linkup play and movement in particular. Not that I've seen him enough to judge but the times I saw him he was more of a counter attacking striker who could rip poor defences apart, I'm not sure if he could do it against a lower team playing inside their own box.

As backup I wouldn't say no because he has potential, but if we signed him as out main CF i wouldn't be happy at all.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
truth_hurts said:
Should have signed Zaha. No thanks.

Yea we're crying out for a 6 goals a season championship player

You're right we should be raiding ligue one as our last 4 ligue 1 forward signings have all hit the ground running. Hopefully this guy would offer as much as Chamakh, Park, Gervinho and league top scorer Giroud.

I'm sorry but we can't take another risk on a player like this.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
truth_hurts said:
Should have signed Zaha. No thanks.

Yea we're crying out for a 6 goals a season championship player

You're right we should be raiding ligue one as our last 4 ligue 1 forward signings have all hit the ground running. Hopefully this guy would offer as much as Chamakh, Park, Gervinho and league top scorer Giroud.

I'm sorry but we can't take another risk on a player like this.

I'm not saying we should, but Zaha is a bigger risk, suggesting we should have splashed 15m on a player who may never go onto be something is silly talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom