• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
CurryFlavoured said:
I'm not a big fan, I remember being more impressed by the Giroud highlight videos aswell, anyone can look good on youtube but that was a bit underwhelming. Most of his goals were either on the break against poorly positioned defenders or just came from sloppy defending, it says alot about the French league more than anything, I really don't trust Ligue 1 anymore.

That's a very fair assessment, I think people need to remember in our EPL games we spend hardly any time counter-attacking. We face teams which are scared to come out and attack so we do not have much space in attack.

Players like Gervinho, Walcott thrive on running into space, their touch is not great so they are a bit useless when the space is closed and teams sit back.

PEA looks great running into space but his close control in the box isn't amazing, and I do not see much creative passing into space to help break down a packed defense. I would say his overall game is better than Walcott and Gervinho, and he has great finishing and pace though.

First priority our team needs upfront is some craft, creativity and skill in the box, we have enough headless runners and brainless dribblers and blunt players like Podolski.

Floating

Established Member
ASAP Berg said:
CurryFlavoured said:
I'm not a big fan, I remember being more impressed by the Giroud highlight videos aswell, anyone can look good on youtube but that was a bit underwhelming. Most of his goals were either on the break against poorly positioned defenders or just came from sloppy defending, it says alot about the French league more than anything, I really don't trust Ligue 1 anymore.

That's a very fair assessment, I think people need to remember in our EPL games we spend hardly any time counter-attacking. We face teams which are scared to come out and attack so we do not have much space in attack.

Players like Gervinho, Walcott thrive on running into space, their touch is not great so they are a bit useless when the space is closed and teams sit back.

PEA looks great running into space but his close control in the box isn't amazing, and I do not see much creative passing into space to help break down a packed defense. I would say his overall game is better than Walcott and Gervinho, and he has great finishing and pace though.

First priority our team needs upfront is some craft, creativity and skill in the box, we have enough headless runners and brainless dribblers and blunt players like Podolski.

Perhaps that's exactly why we're going for Jovetic.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/403247/Arsenal-and-Sp**s-target-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-drops-further-Premier-League-hint?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-sport-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Sport+Feed%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... rt+Feed%29</a>

Weak link, but I could see us in for him or Soldado if we don't get Higuain/Jovetic

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Aubameyang would make for excellent signing, I agree with Ralph Honigstein that he was easily Dormund's best player this season. Klopp stated before he couldn't believe he was able to sign Aubameyang as he is such a typical Arsenal & Wenger type player that he thought he was destined to sign for us.

Aubameyang is more consistent than the much hyped Reus that everybody wants.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He shot more times this year on average than Benzema, Griezmann and Lacazette yet managed to come away with less goals per game. Also he's woeful in the air compared to them as well.

Calypso_Boy

he's a good player, i would take him he has the ability to become lethal and he's good at bringing other players into play. Him reus and hummels should suffice

with giroud and ox going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom