• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Brighton | December 5, 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

What will the result of the match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner_girl14

excatly. basics, ****ing basics. Not asking for miracles, just the basics!

The problem is, a lot of our players are below par, especially in key areas - CM and CB. In CM, Torreira is the only one I think that should be anywhere near the squad, and no one in CB. In those positions (which is the backbone of the team) we have no strength, physicality, pace, tackling prowess or ability to intercept plays or win the ball.

bandaid

is Mission Accomplished yet?

Are the carpetbaggers and wheeler dealers happy yet?

A once proud club, with style, values and sportsmanship asset stripped in these mob ruled times.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Well that was a disappointing result to say the least... Couldn't watch the game live so recorded it and blocked all the news. Just finished watching my recording. 90 minutes of pain with a bit of hope at the start of the second half.

Think we played better in the second half for say the first 15-20 minutes. The rest of the game and especially in the first half we were just second best on the pitch. We played with no tempo and could easily have been down by one more goal. When we got Pepe on the pitch and played quicker over the right side we looked much better.

Need to let this game sink in. At least I was happy to see that Ljungberg took Willock off after 45 minutes, because he played goddamn awful in the first half and added absolutely nothing.

With regards to CBs we should really try a new pairing. Try Holding and Chambers as they cannot be worse than the dross we are playing now.

How the Brighton player for the first goal can chest down a ball off a corner in the middle of our box surrounded by Sokratis, Luiz and Willock is unreal. They are virtually backing off him to create time and space for him to get the ball down. None of them are looking for the player but all turn when the ball passes and lose him. It is in the middle of the ****ing box off a corner... :mad:

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

**** are we low now... Don't think I have felt worse about Arsenal than this. We are absolute **** except when we come to life for short spells. God, the team, fans, club are just in a ****ty place right now. I can honestly see us being closer to the end of the table then the top. Right now I cannot see us finish in the top half. If we finish 8th or above I am happy.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
So, apparently BHA made history last night. Their first time ever winning a match at the Emirates.

Nothing to do now but pray.

protocal354

dont know about the other two but amaechi cant even get a game for hamburg in the german 2nd division, kinda doubt he woulda made an impact in a top league, at least not right now
Well he was highly rated and a winger with bags of pace which is what we currently lack. He could have been useful if given a chance and coached correctly. Nelson didn't really make it in Germany although he had a small impact at the start. It isn't clear cut to say whether he could've done something here or not due to his move to Hamburg as its a new country, culture, language, people etc. Too many variables that can impact a young man that are external to his football and ability which have a huge affect. Not everyone is a Jadon Sancho a top player. They don't all have family already in Germany.

Point is he wasn't given a chance and he took a risk and sought pastures new. Luke Freeman for example didn't make it here and he never would have tbf but he had potential. So he moved to lower leagues to Sheffield United. There in the prem now and surprised he almost scored against us when he came on. But football is a journey. Things don't always pan out but it don't make you a bad player. Harry Kane ain't a bad player is he, although he is a spud. But he was on our books but let go due to afobe?

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

You could see Freddie's half time talk clearly had a good effect on them but when we still didn't manage to get ahead and kept floundering the opportunities to do so we just collapsed really.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Dead club. We're truly f*cked with our next 3 home fixtures, can see us in 16th/17th with Freddie being jettisoned. No one is going to want to touch this sinking ship.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Saw the team news before the match and I knew enough to not watch this ****-show.

Cant believe we now have the 2nd manager that can’t play a normal attacking formation and also doesnt have the balls to drop some of our players that are stinking up the place. Just play Chambers at CB it cant get any worse can it..

ChefMan21

There's no leadership and grit in this team, nor anywhere enough passion for defence within the club and fan base, being saying it for years.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We are but when we can't capitalize on it we just fall apart.
Fact is our squad is ****. Absolute poverty. Freddie will never turn this around. No manager will. The spine of our team is useless. We have a decent GK and that is it. Our top striker can't hold the ball or create anything on his own, our other striker doesn't score enough, our midfield is a wreck, our defence lacks leaders and braincells... Absolute shambles. Our most expensive player rides the fecking bench every game!

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Fact is our squad is ****. Absolute poverty. Freddie will never turn this around. No manager will. The spine of our team is useless. We have a decent GK and that is it. Our top striker can't hold the ball or create anything on his own, our other striker doesn't score enough, our midfield is a wreck, our defence lacks leaders and braincells... Absolute shambles. Our most expensive player rides the fecking bench every game!
Yes this is what I've been saying. Everyone has been deluding themselves thinking just bringing someone in will magically solve everything immediately. This won't happen and when it doesn't whoever is in charge will be the scapegoat even though there's nothing they could've done to immediately turn it around.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yes this is what I've been saying. Everyone has been deluding themselves thinking just bringing someone in will magically solve everything immediately. This won't happen and when it doesn't whoever is in charge will be the scapegoat even though there's nothing they could've done to immediately turn it around.
We spent 72m on a player riding the bench most games. Our best players would ride the bench for any top 4 rival. We're absolute garbage. Finding a new sport. Arsenal is a has been club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom