• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Burnley | May 6, 2018 16:30 BST

Which academy player do you back most to make it here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Somebody take me though why Henry is getting slaughtered and “Mr. Arsenal” Tony Adams gets a fvking pass for not showing up today????:mad:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
The only thing I have say about Arsène's goodbye is there will always be one Arsène Wenger
& no I'm not crying,my eyes are sweating from too much workout....

StefanB

Macey needs to get his PL debut. Eddie should get a debut on the final match day as well.

Yeah Macey should just start the next games. Same with Niles in midfield. Nketiah should get some sub apperances.

Özil, Mustafi, Monreal, Ospina and Welbeck I don't care about anymore this season.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Nketiah should get some sub apperances.
He's the only one who got very little time this season compared to AMN and Nelson.
Wenger should give him 20 minutes in each of our last two games at the very least so we can see what he can do.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Only just seen the game on match of the day.

The lads gave everything for the manager and the football was slick and exciting. It could have been 7 too.

It's a strange feeling that only comes with the utmost respect when you you want to win as much for the manager as yourself. One that you've known for over 20 years like family. That's not something that you get with short term managers that come and go every couple of years.

We'll never see the like again.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Somebody take me though why Henry is getting slaughtered and “Mr. Arsenal” Tony Adams gets a fvking pass for not showing up today????:mad:

I saw a comment on Twitter or Arseblog (not sure) which claimed that Adams and Dixon chose to attend a wedding instead of being here.

Imagine their bitterness toward Arsène, he is who extended their careers for more years (as they addmitted), but chose to be picky and miss today's celebrations.

Although, I think the announcement from arse.com were that there will be more players who played at least 100 games for Arsène. So it was kinda strange seeing only few of them out there (Pires, Sol, Keown, Petit, Ljungberg, Laurent, Kanu) and Ali showing up as an odd apple :)

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Everyone played very well today, even players who have poor this season in Bellerin and Iwobi played well. However a special mention to Lacazette who really was top notch today and my MOTM pick whom displayed excellent link up play. Chambers and Mavro were also great at the back.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Just got home from the match. Xhaka again outstanding. Auba and Lacazette both dangerous in different ways. Mavro dominated them aerially which, for a kid, is bizarre. Mkhitaryan looked composed as always. Kolasinac is underrated and has more to offer the club.

We also have talented youngsters waiting to take the reigns like AMN, Chambers, Nketiah etc.

We just need to buy a new right back, 2 world class CBs and a world class GK and we will be ready to make a go of it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Personal opinion is that we can’t really deduce much from a dead rubber semi friendly game. Have a good feeling about the front two for next season though.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Very enjoyable game to watch from our perspective, but you felt Burnley had one eye on the holidays. Can’t take much from this match, but everyone played well today so no complaints.

Mav looks a player so far and Chambers has also had a run of good games. Xhaka played some nice forward passes and kept our midfield ticking, and Wilshere made some penetrating runs which led to goals (although I felt he was sloppy with possession and had an average performance overall).

Mkhi has a touch of class about him (also like that he’s not afraid to shoot), but these aren’t the best games to judge him since it was one-way traffic against a porous defense. Hopefully he and Özil can be our creative hub for the next couple of seasons.

Auba and Laca look a promising duo and it’s good to see they link up well together. I like how instinctive Auba is in the box (which is the type of player we have lacked the past several years), you feel he could have been the difference in Madrid since we lacked that player to get on the end of things. Screwed up some passes in dangerous areas though.

Like I mentioned above, can’t look into this performance too much, but it was nice to see the free flowing football Wenger was known for since we haven’t seen a performance like this in a while. If the next manager can get the full potential out of Özil, Mkhi, Laca, and Auba, we should have one of the best attacks in Europe.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I saw a comment on Twitter or Arseblog (not sure) which claimed that Adams and Dixon chose to attend a wedding instead of being here.

Imagine their bitterness toward Arséne, he is who extended their careers for more years (as they addmitted), but chose to be picky and miss today's celebrations.

:)

To be fair, you agree to weddings months in advance and Wenger leaving all happened pretty quickly. I don’t blame them for that.

Looks like it’s abroad too

Henry on the other hand, unless sky said he’d lose his job if he didn’t turn up in Manchester has no excuse.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Our home form this season was brilliant.

P19
W15
D2 (Liverpool and Chelsea)
L2 (Manchester clubs)

Only City have scored more home goals, only City and Liverpool have scored more goals overall.

Turn those two defeats to either wins or draws & rectify the away form (which for me is second in criticality to defense for the new manager) & we're in the title mix.

Easier said than done though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom