• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Burnley | Sunday, December 13 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
We just lost to Burnley ladies and gentlemen, Burnley. This is a team with Sean Dyche as its manager.

We haven't lost to Burnley in what 46 years and arteta comes around just to mess with us. I am in disbelief.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Of course the last two years were decline. Most people struggle at work with one person abusing them, Arsène had thousands. But the so called decline that got the fans riled up in 2015/16 though was non existent.

The 2015 was the start of decline, but the vitriol at the end of that season should've gone directly up.

If Wenger's to blame for something it's that he was dignified enough to act as a shooting dummy and recieve all those bullets.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We just lost to Burnley ladies and gentlemen, Burnley. This is a team with Sean Dyche as its manager.

We haven't lost to Burnley in what 46 years and arteta comes around just to mess with us. I am in disbelief.
NO!!! I WON'T HAVE THAT!!!

We lost to them 2-0 in the League Cup in 2008.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Of course the last two years were decline. Most people struggle at work with one person abusing them, Arsène had thousands. But the so called decline that got the fans riled up in 2015/16 though was non existent.
Disagree. I think fans were patient enough until the last two years when decline started to affect play on the pitch as well as our position in the table.

The board should've set the foundation for slow transition as far as 2014 but failed.

We were declining from 2016 to 2018 (2nd, 5th, 6th) just was much as we were rising to the top 2013-2016 (4th, 3rd, 2nd)

The truth is that we were fluctuating around 4th. Fans felt we had dropped since we weren’t challenging for titles. I get it.... but forcing Wenger out was very dumb. We needed to trigger a stable transition, not a force out.

Now we are 15th. I definitely blame the club leadership primarily. But part of that is for caving to those #wengerout fans and I totally believe they hold a good portion of the blame for our current position.

I don’t think anyone can doubt that we’d be in a better position now if we transferred power without gutting the whole club all within a year. Wenger was a huge part of why this club was so successful. His force out is a huge reason why we are no longer.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The 2015 was the start of decline, but the vitriol at the end of that season should've gone directly up.

If Wenger's to blame for something it's that he was dignified enough to act as a shooting dummy and recieve all those bullets.
You mean after 2016. 2015/16 we had the best defensive stats in the league, most clean sheets and came 2nd.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
You mean after 2016. 2015/16 we had the best defensive stats in the league, most clean sheets and came 2nd.

Yeah, but the summer of 2015 set certain things in motion that would later cause one bad/reactive decision after the other.

A serious football club backs the manager after ending the previous season on a high (back-to-back FA cup wins). Provides funds to sign a top striker to complement talent of Özil/Alexis/Ramsey/Cazorla and gets fans on board.

Wenger should've pushed for that and instead he accepted the quixotic task which led to massive disappointment. The decline was already in motion.

Fans were patient enough considering the stuff we were promised in 2013 by the bald conman and Wenger followed along with the narrative as well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Different players quality but yeah that right 34 players is way too much and it's down to miserable Job edu did in summer selling players

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
God we should sack raul he could done some dodgy s**t but at least he'd sell few of those c**ts.

Melquiades

What an awful performance. Nothing good about this. When you consider the situation, the standings, the opponent ... this might be the worst Arsenal performance in decades.

First half was just woeful. No intensity, no ideas, looked like Burnley vs. Burnley.

Astonishing that this exact same lineup has 1 goal in open play in 8 PL games and gets played over, and over, and over again. If the definition of insanity is trying the same thing and expecting different results, Arteta has lost his mind. And it isn't like this is a small squad like Sheffield United or something where they don't have any other bodies.

Players who didn't totally suck :

Saka
Tierney
Holding
Leno (not that he had to do much)

Players who made one major mistake they were lucky to get away with but otherwise didn't totally suck :

Gabriel
Elneny

Players who totally sucked :

Willian (again)
Bellerin (again)
Aubameyang (again)
Lacazette (again ... although to his credit the effort level is there at least, unlike others)

Player who should never play for this team again :

Xhaka

shoot for the top

We should have dominated Burley, let alone allow them to score 1 goal. They scored 5 goals all season FFS! I thought this would be an easy 1-0, but instead, we were embarrassed by a team fighting to stay in the premier. This is enough! Emery did not do this bad with a weaker squad.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Why would you put resources into a failure? Someone who cant organise and set a team up to beat Burnley? What is idiotic is backing a manager who hasnt earned the right to be backed. Simple as. What good player is gonna want to play under Arteta. Hes an absolute nobody. Was a nobody as a player. Has been a nobody as a coach and will try to live of that fluke FA cup win for the next 10 years.
Best post so far as I'm catching up on the game
Not even 1-0 yet!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It was a huge missed opportunity though. Wenger and Arsenal could have bought themselves time by winning the league ahead of Leicester.
They might have done if Cazorla hadn't been finished by November. Worst injuries in the league that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom