• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Burnley | Sunday, December 13 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah, but the summer of 2015 set certain things in motion that would later cause one bad/reactive decision after the other.

A serious football club backs the manager after ending the previous season on a high (back-to-back FA cup wins). Provides funds to sign a top striker to complement talent of Özil/Alexis/Ramsey/Cazorla and gets fans on board.

Wenger should've pushed for that and instead he accepted the quixotic task which led to massive disappointment. The decline was already in motion.

Fans were patient enough considering the stuff we were promised in 2013 by the bald conman and Wenger followed along with the narrative as well.
Yeah, heard all that. He might have done this, if he'd done that. But where's that metric of decline up to 2016 that got the fans so riled. I don't see it, despite fans going on about it . . and still do.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Wonder if this lot has relegation wage drop clauses inserted in their contracts? Imagine carrying a champions league wage bill into the Championship next season.
They probably haven't.
Going into the Championship might just be what's needed at the Club.

Kroenke has to go, that's the bottom line.
How do you get him out?

Well, it's not by winning the PL and the CL, so you have to go the other way.

Relegation to the Championship, huge wage bill, fan pressure, and the big one - no TV money - and it just might make Kroenke think about selling up, or investing.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Yeah, heard all that. He might have done this, if he'd done that. But where's that metric of decline up to 2016 that got the fans so riled. I don't see it, despite fans going on about it . . and still do.

Nah, you don't need metrics it was clear as a day that we're standing in place, think the points tally was similar to seasons before. We went on to lose to Utd's kids after beating Leicester which happened ever so often in the past, not being able to capitalize etc.

I just think it's unfair blaming it all on the fans, just as it was unfair of fans lashing out on Wenger.

Fans were blatantly lied to for over a decade, no wonder it reached a breaking point.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Another week, another tragic passing map.

h9gufdyl64561.jpg

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yesterday I had a pint at lunch time (no Scotch Egg, Tier one) I said to the landlord (Chelsea fan) Good to see Chelsea lost at last :) We went on to discuss Arsenal. He said the way you're scoring in the EL surely Arteta will make changes for Burnley? I said if Xhaka & Willian play I'll lose it. He said even Arteta wont persist with them.

I couldn't believe the line up when I saw it, well sadly I could believe it. Here was a manager with his job on the line playing a relegation team at home. The perfect opportunity to change things and inject some fight into the team. I know Xhaka got sent off just as we were getting some shots in but the fact is he shouldn't have been on the pitch. We all know it, even a Chelsea fan Pub Landlord knows it but Arteta doesn't, and this is the main reason I have zero sympathy for him and want him gone ASAP.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Banter FC.

I missed the game and was unable to get any text updates. I figured we'd win and even if we don't, there won't be anything controversial. It's just Burnley after all. Then the three punch combo

1. I get home and see my friend post, " I hate Arsenal."
2. I see Xhaka got sent off stupidly
3. I read we lost to Burnley and Aubameyang scored the own goal.

Banter FC

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Arsenal fans were too disrespectful and ungrateful towards Wenger. I am so pissed off everyday about this it's unreal. I use to post on this forum as another user back in those times; I remember you and me were only ones trying to give perspective. I love Arsenal more than anything and seeing them like this is soul destroying.
There were a few others, like @carlito'sway too. But most were sucked in by the internet hype and Arsenal Fan TV, and finishing 2nd to Leicester was the end of the world. Well they’ve found out that wasn’t true.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
2015 was the season to replace Wenger, the moment Klopp became available. Instead the stars aligned and every major club was going through transition leaving us wide open for the title for the last time and we couldn’t tap it in. We might have got a title challenge that season but Liverpool were the real winners.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

2015 was the season to replace Wenger, the moment Klopp became available. Instead the stars aligned and every major club was going through transition leaving us wide open for the title for the last time and we couldn’t tap it in. We might have got a title challenge that season but Liverpool were the real winners.
:lol: Wenger beat Klopp 2016, even with the worst injury record in the league. Such a shame the fans took him down.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Nah, you don't need metrics it was clear as a day that we're standing in place, think the points tally was similar to seasons before. We went on to lose to Utd's kids after beating Leicester which happened ever so often in the past, not being able to capitalize etc.

I just think it's unfair blaming it all on the fans, just as it was unfair of fans lashing out on Wenger.

Fans were blatantly lied to for over a decade, no wonder it reached a breaking point.
Of course you need metrics or it’s just hot air. 2015/16 posters kept saying Arsène couldn’t defend. As soon as they were shown the Squawka stats, most clean sheets and how few goals we conceded, posters either became insulting or said, ‘use your eyes, we’re hopeless’. They were just talking complete boll*cks. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom