• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Everton | Sunday February 23 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

wow not sure how Martinelli deserves to be dropped from the squad

Why?
He wasn't good against Olympiakos, today Nelson could get the chance.

Arteta has a lot of options now, so dropping out of the match squad doesn't mean much. It can change every week.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I hate the "He is good in training" justifications for a player. This is not a horse racing sport, talent and better play must always come first as long as the player is behaving well and doing what he is told to do.

Maybe Nketiah is showing a higher level than Laca ? Just a matter of delivering in games and Arteta is backing him to do so..

Ashybashy86

Team should be picked on how well players perform in matches. So, Eddie's gets another chance to show why Arteta should pick him. Not having the "looks good in training" thing because it mean f*ck all if he's not doing it where it really matters.

moha05

Lineup_square_19_20_v4_1080_BK_7.jpg

Manberg

Predator
I hate the "He is good in training" justifications for a player. This is not a horse racing sport, talent and better play must always come first as long as the player is behaving well and doing what he is told to do.

So you think merit is earned on 90 minutes of play rather than many hours in training every day?
I disagree with your logic.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I think Eddie is incredibly talented in a lot of things that you'd want in a modern striker, but, so far, he's got one striking weakness and that's his link up play and his ability to drop deep once in a while to just lay it off or play it wide then.

That's the thing Laca is just elite at, he doesn't do the spectacular runs like Martinelli, Auba or Nketiah, but he's very important for our midfielders to have a focal point up top, a binding link to our so often disjointed attacking line.

We currently just don't have a striker who has it all, like RVP or Henry, that can do both, outpace the defenders whilst also boasting that link up play that Lacazette provides.

Auba, Martinelli and Nketiah are just not good at that. For Auba, it's never going to change now, the kids might still develop this skill I hope.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Of course being good in training matters ffs. Unless you're as good as Neymar, you have no excuse to not be training well. If a player looks good in training and is improving, it's not a bad idea to give him a few shots in the lineup. Dont let your agendas get in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom