• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Fulham | January 1, 2019 15:00 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
4231 please

Laca
Auba Özil Ramsey
Xhaka Torreira
Kola Sokratis Koscielny AMN

Can rest some at the weekend with the fa cup game

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
We have to win and will but we're now fighting for 5th unless something happens and the impetus is not with us even for that.

Emery's going to have plenty of chances to add to his Euro
pa League tally.

Agree we're fighting for 5th and the worrying thing is you'd fancy united to have no trouble with this type of fixture at the mo whereas with us you have doubts.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Agree we're fighting for 5th and the worrying thing is you'd fancy united to have no trouble with this type of fixture at the mo whereas with us you have doubts.
Why would you be worried about 5th? It's 4th or focus on the Europa.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A win needed after 1 point in last 2 games can't afford to drop more points. Will give Torreira a rest here he need it.

Leno
Niles Sokratis Mustafi Kola
Matteo Xhaka
Ramsey Özil Auba
Laca

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Why would you be worried about 5th? It's 4th or focus on the Europa.

Under normal circumstances but it's more that united are having a stinker of a season and have replaced their manager half way through the season with a Cardiff reject. Wouldn't be good for fan confidence in the manager if we drop below them.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Woke up pretty furious tbh. We went on a 22 game streak without losing, while United had their worst ever start and how they are only 3 pts behind us.

We need to get a f*cking grip tbh and start putting in some dominant performances. We also need some f*cking players back from injury and getting the correct players in the correct positions.

pikey2000

It won't happen but i'd like to see 4-3-1-2 purely as i'd like to see Laca and Auba have 90 mins together actually playing as a duo rather than 1 out wide who as a a conequence needs to track back.

----------------Leno
AMN-Sokratis-Mustafi-Kolasinac
---Torreira-Xhaka-Geoundouzi--
--------------Özil-------------------
----------Auba-Laca---------------

Suspect we will see

Leno
Lich-Sok-Musti-Kola
--Torreira-Xhaka---
Mhki---Özil---Iwobi
-------Auba----------

either way anything other than a win would be disappointing.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Under normal circumstances but it's more that united are having a stinker of a season and have replaced their manager half way through the season with a Cardiff reject. Wouldn't be good for fan confidence in the manager if we drop below them.
It would be entirely forgotten about if we won the Europa. For the first, judge him in May.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Woke up pretty furious tbh. We went on a 22 game streak without losing, while United had their worst ever start and how they are only 3 pts behind us.

We need to get a f*cking grip tbh and start putting in some dominant performances. We also need some f*cking players back from injury and getting the correct players in the correct positions.

That 22 game unbeaten run includes the entire Europa League group stage and the carling cup run. We were only unbeaten for like 14 premier league games, where we had 4 draws (Eight dropped points). Since our Southampton loss, we've won 1 in 3 so its no great surprise that United are close on our heels again.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Expect another five at the back, three DM’s at home situation. Feels like the worst is still to come.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I forgot to say this in the Liverpool thread so I'll say it here I suppose. Our game management is absolutely atrocious. Too many times we've let the opposition dictate the pace and feel of a game.

Anyone remember that AC Milan game at the Emirates where we won 3-0? We were going balls to the wall in that game and what did Milan do? Kill the game completely. Every free kick took an age, every time one of our players came near theirs they hit the deck.

Whenever a team goes at us now? We panic or try to up our tempo to match theirs and make stupid mistakes. The game only calms down when the opposition wants it to (usually after scoring 3 or 4 goals).

I wish we had more street wise players. Players who can see where a game is getting away from us and things are starting to look a bit tasty, then just put their foot on the ball and slow things down to a crawl. Every free kick, throw in and goal kick starts to take 10 seconds longer than it should just to frustrate the opposition and kill their momentum.

I hope we win this game

ptrcopp

I forgot to say this in the Liverpool thread so I'll say it here I suppose. Our game management is absolutely atrocious. Too many times we've let the opposition dictate the pace and feel of a game.

Anyone remember that AC Milan game at the Emirates where we won 3-0? We were going balls to the wall in that game and what did Milan do? Kill the game completely. Every free kick took an age, every time one of our players came near theirs they hit the deck.

Whenever a team goes at us now? We panic or try to up our tempo to match theirs and make stupid mistakes. The game only calms down when the opposition wants it to (usually after scoring 3 or 4 goals).

I wish we had more street wise players. Players who can see where a game is getting away from us and things are starting to look a bit tasty, then just put their foot on the ball and slow things down to a crawl. Every free kick, throw in and goal kick starts to take 10 seconds longer than it should just to frustrate the opposition and kill their momentum.

I hope we win this game

Completely agree with this. Against both Brighton and Liverpool we scored early because we were dictating the tempo. We didn’t look too great in defence but we looked great in attack. But when we scored in both games we handed it to them.
Atrocious really.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Leno

Niles Koscielny Sokratis Kola

Ramsey Torreira Xhaka

Özil

Auba Laca
Just get at them. So tired of showing our opposition too much respect.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we can't beat Fulham I'll be pretty down, pretty embarrassing for our previous standards.

I'd go 4312

Leno
Bellerin/AMN, Sokratis Koscielny Kolasinac
Guendozi Xhaka Toreirra
Özil
Laca Auba.

I like Mustafi but he was horrendous against Liverpool, it was his first game back though. I think we've been missing Bellerin more then people think, look at his pace compared to Litchensteiner & AMN, makes so many breaks down the flank like Sead does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom