• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,954
  • Views 185,534

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
City in 2014 is the example I can think of off the top of my head. Anyways once we get some actual CB's back we'll tighten up a bit. I doubt we're winning the title though, not that I ever expected to.

People emphasise the personnel but I think it's an organisational issue. It's not like we've never conceded the types of goals scored by Leicester in other fixtures with a full strength defensive lineup.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
All 3 Leicester goals were easy any team would have scored from these chances specially the 2nd and the 3rd goal. If we had decent defense we could've won 4-1

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
People emphasise the personnel but I think it's an organisational issue. It's not like we've never conceded the types of goals scored by Leicester in other fixtures with a full strength defensive lineup.
It is. People are acting as if we didn't concede in exactly the same fashion time and time again last season even with a full strength team. As if being caught out by crosses or on the counter isn't a chronic problem we have.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
What made me excited yesterday is our attack look damn good and we still missing Alexis we have good team just 1 midfield signing and I believe we can compete. Unless Arsène troll us and mess up the squad management

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It is. People are acting as if we didn't concede in exactly the same fashion time and time again last season even with a full strength team. As if being caught out by crosses or on the counter isn't a chronic problem we have.
When we switched to back 3 we never conceded goals like that we were so solid defensively.

logic DC

if xhaka is on song we play some lovely stuff. those first key passes from him are important in our overall play, the thing is they are very dangerous to make as a misplaced pass allows the opposite team to go straight on goal. Xhaka is the most important player in our team.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
When we switched to back 3 we never conceded goals like that we were so solid defensively.
Maybe because we haven't had a big enough sample space to judge its effectiveness? We've played what 3 quality opposition in that period? One of them was Chelsea, who we did very well against. But the other two were United at home who basically had both eyes on Europa League and Sp**s against whom we were trash. Switching a system doesn't solve our problems ovee night.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think you're too hung up on stats. Shots on target isn't the be all and end all of judging a team's performance. For example that incident when Cech rushed out of his line to tackle vardy, that won't show up on the stats but that could easily have led to a goal. And going by your logic despite having 27 attempts we only had 6 of them on target and scored 4. So how is that a lot better than Leicester?
That's because we had 10 on target and scored 4, they had 3 on target and scored 3. The average shots on target for the EPL per game is about 4. The top teams averaged between 5/6 last year. 10 is excellent and showed we carved them apart.

When teams are overrun then you might expect to score up to half your shots on target. Average for the EPL is just under a third. Leicester scoring 3 out of 3 is highly unusual.

Stats are superb for analysing matches because people see what they want to see. Many of our posters are watching thinking Wenger is **** and it colours all their judgements right from the start.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thanks! Doubt if it'll ever come up to a Zep gig, but there are sure gonna be some ups n downs to come!!
Unlike Wenger, don't you think they've lost it a bit. :lol:

Watched Jimmy Page on Sky Arts playing the 'Since I've Been Loving You' lead and it wasn't that sharp. My iPod can play it miles better :lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
That's because we had 10 on target and scored 4, they had 3 on target and scored 3. The average shots on target for the EPL per game is about 4. The top teams averaged between 5/6 last year. 10 is excellent and showed we carved them apart.

When teams are overrun then you might expect to score up to half your shots on target. Average for the EPL is just under a third. Leicester scoring 3 out of 3 is highly unusual.

Stats are superb for analysing matches because people see what they want to see. Many of our posters are watching thinking Wenger is **** and it colours all their judgements right from the start.
My mistake, I thought it was 6. But I never said we had problems creating chances or carving them open. My point is that there were countless occasions in the game when we were left dangerously and hopelessly exposed, more importantly in a fashion we're all too familiar with. But hey if you wanna use stats to believe we dominated the game, well more power to you.

Such a good win last night. Reminded me of the 07/08 season when we won our first game very late vs Fulham with Hleb scoring.

That propelled us to having a god season where we led the league for two-third of the season. Hope this gives us similar confidence and we have a great season.

avalonhse

I believe Arsenal needs a world-class defender because Wenger knows nothing about defense.

History proves it. Our PL title comes with Tony Adams and Sol Campell leading the backs. Wenger is an expert in organizing attacks only.

Our downfall linked with Kos. Kos is good but in a Carragher-level only, not Adams. Liverpool can not win PL for a long time by some reason.

Contrast to Wenger, Italy managers like Conte and Ranieri can build a winning team with mediocre defenders.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I was listening to the match in the Dieppe port waitng to board the ferry, Five live reception was intermittant to say the least. What a match to half listen to! The commentator said that Özil handled the ball blatently for one of our goals, is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom