• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,954
  • Views 185,554

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
My mistake, I thought it was 6. But I never said we had problems creating chances or carving them open. My point is that there were countless occasions in the game when we were left dangerously and hopelessly exposed, more importantly in a fashion we're all too familiar with. But hey if you wanna use stats to believe we dominated the game, well more power to you.
No we weren't carved open on countless occasions, they only had 6 shots the whole game. We had 27.

We can go on a 20 game unbeaten run and when we lose people say same old same old. In the 2015/16 league year, we had the best defensive stats in the league for clean sheets, goals against and Squawka score. And most posters on AM we're saying we were defensively frail.

Arsenal aren't perfect, Wenger's not perfect but we we're an entertaining side and no where near as bad as people keep making out eg shambles, complete mess etc. Crazy talk.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I was listening to the match in the Dieppe port waitng to board the ferry, Five live reception was intermittant to say the least. What a match to half listen to! The commentator said that Özil handled the ball blatently for one of our goals, is that true?
He had his arm in a natural position across his body when it hit him. Earlier in the game the ball hit a Leicester player against his arm while he was in a sort of dunking pose, should have been a pen. So yeah we shouldn't have won, automatic three points for Leicester and Özil should be hanged if the pundits had their way.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I was listening to the match in the Dieppe port waitng to board the ferry, Five live reception was intermittant to say the least. What a match to half listen to! The commentator said that Özil handled the ball blatently for one of our goals, is that true?
It depends from what angle you look from. If you look from behind yes, if you look from the side it was hitting in to him anyway, he couldn't have done much but let it hit his arm. In other thigns that happened one of the Leicester defenders blatantly hand balled a sead chip in the box and Ramsey got taken out in the box as well when he had a scoring opportunity from a header, the defender had no hope of getting to the ball, could've been a red and penalty. All in all both teams got decisions their way.

More importantly we carved a very solid and organised leicester team apart time and again, also 4 of our goal scorers now have to have their confidence up as well.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
No we weren't carved open on countless occasions, they only had 6 shots the whole game. We had 27.

We can go on a 20 game unbeaten run and when we lose people say same old same old. In the 2015/16 league year, we had the best defensive stats in the league for clean sheets, goals against and Squawka score. And most posters on AM we're saying we were defensively frail.

Arsenal aren't perfect, Wenger's not perfect but we we're an entertaining side and no where near as bad as people keep making out eg shambles, complete mess etc. Crazy talk.
Okay :)

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
He had his arm in a natural position across his body when it hit him. Earlier in the game the ball hit a Leicester player against his arm while he was in a sort of dunking pose, should have been a pen. So yeah we shouldn't have won, automatic three points for Leicester and Özil should be hanged if the pundits had their way.
Good all legit then. Three points from he first match. Yay!!!!

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I like the look of Lacazette, he's got real quick feet in the box. Can see him getting a lot of goals.

If I were Arsène, I'd be breaking the bank for Van Dijk and a strong commanding midfielder. It's so clear that's where our problems lie, for me that's been our biggest issue ever since Vieira left us. You can't compete in the premier league if you can't compete physically. We need to address that and give the team some balance. Kolasinac was a fantastic signing, just what we needed. We need a bit more of that and some intense defensive work on the training ground and we could have a good year

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
What made me excited yesterday is our attack look damn good and we still missing Alexis we have good team just 1 midfield signing and I believe we can compete. Unless Arséne troll us and mess up the squad management

Part of the reason our attack was exciting yesterday was due to our attackers and midfielders being on the same page and moving the ball quickly but a player like Alexis has in the past scuppered this cohesiveness.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This place right now :drool:
tumblr_ob1118ZDVf1rfd7lko1_r1_500.gif

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I give zero ****s really. If someone smashed the ball into the net volleyball style I would have found it even better. Seen too much ridiculous **** happen to us.
remember when Vidic smashed our cross from van Persie volley ball style and pundits all "didn't see it"? I do

LacaNewSigning

What an exciting game and start to the season. Must say this is one of the best attacking performances I've seen from us in a very long time, we was fluid with our football, interchanging and even taking shots from outside the box. Reminiscent of the 07/08 & 10/11 season.

Cech - In no mans land for their 1st goal and I feel he should be organising that defence a bit better. In the second half he did play better making an important save coming out 2 Vardy

Kolasinac - should have done better on the second goal he needed to tuck in and help monreal out. But this guy is going to be a cult figure @ Arsenal he grew into the game and was solid and showed a bit of flair with that lovely 360 piroutte.

Montreal - Started slowly like the whole defence but became more comfortable as the game went on

Holding - Very shaky and unlike him, but hes still very young

Bellerin - This guy needs to get benched and let Ox be our rwb , I don't know what is up with him but his level of performance has dropped drasticly since last season. He did play better when he switched sides to left side

Ox - was a constant threat even from the first half when things weren't always going his way he never stopped trying. When he swapped sides in the second he was unstoppable. Sign him up ASAP

Xhaka - Had a decent game barring those few mistakes he made. His range of passing is incredible, that outside the foot pass to Ramsey is unreal and he did set the tempo

El Neny - Was ok. He showed for the ball and made himself an option but the guy is just to safe and wasn't really in sync with xhaka and the attack at times in the second half

Özil - Didn't really do much tbqh, was quite disappointing but he did manage to get the vital corner for our 3rd goal

Welbeck - Very impressive performance, he was powerful, causing havoc and was everywhere. Even showed he can pick a pass and was just very good today probably should have scored 1 more

Lacazette - He came, he saw and he conquered. Lacazette is the striker we've all been waiting for but we finally got him. The lad is so sharp, scores with his 2nd touch, linked up play really well and even better it seems like he can create chances for himself with his dribbling. Btw what a goal that would have been if Morgan didn't get a touch

Giroud - Sorry for all the times I have you stick. We need you, you're just as important as Lacazette will be for us this season. Best back up striker in the league

Ramsey - This guy is Mr Arsenal. He came on and was immediately a nuisance for Leicester with the runs he was making. Scores vital goals for us when we really need it

Walcott -

Wenger - Made the changes nice and early too let the guys make an impact. Well done for the positive changes.

morpho

Established Member
Alot can be said about our defending yesterday, but going forward I thought we looked different. Much more direct play, not always trying playing tiki-taka through the middle. If this is going to be the case this season i think we are in for a treat.
I also liked our determination. We simply were going to win that match, no matter what and you could see that in everyone.
Hopefully we will actually show up in every match this season.

DerDeutscheMann

WurzlSepp Mark 2
This place right now :drool:

tumblr_ob1118ZDVf1rfd7lko1_r1_500.gif

This place was disgusting when it was 3:2.
Player A is ****, Player B is ****, Player C...
Wenger out...
We need to buy x more players...
4 CBs out but we need to buy some...

Pathetic bunch of absolute human garbage.
It is unbearable what you have to read on here at times.
Football really is the sport for the lower/dumb class.

Of course not all behave like that, but i would say at least 75%...

Absolutely disgusting...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like the look of Lacazette, he's got real quick feet in the box. Can see him getting a lot of goals.

If I were Arséne, I'd be breaking the bank for Van Dijk and a strong commanding midfielder. It's so clear that's where our problems lie, for me that's been our biggest issue ever since Vieira left us. You can't compete in the premier league if you can't compete physically. We need to address that and give the team some balance. Kolasinac was a fantastic signing, just what we needed. We need a bit more of that and some intense defensive work on the training ground and we could have a good year
Hit the nail right on the head.

Great to see a positive goonerwash, I can leave know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom