PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Aug 7, 2017.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. Arsenal win

80.2%
  2. Draw

13.6%
  3. Leicester win

6.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Sky didn't replay this 1000 times like the Özil handball, the ****s:

[​IMG]

Stonewall pen.

Aevi, Bendtneer, Mrs Bergkamp and 7 others like this.
  2. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I know mate, I know. You just have to fight it with positivity and don't let it get to you! We all just want the best for Arsenal so there will be a lot of emotions and thats ok! And when it all works out well you rub their faces in it. :D

3. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Agree with every observation, bar your first about Leicester's 2nd goal. That one had me scratching my head a little bit. There were 3 errors:

1. Xhaka was on the ball and in control of the situation in his own defensive third. He should've seen that Bellerin had pushed up, and his passing options were limited so either gone back (we have 3 CBs), held the ball and pivoted to switch flanks, or gone long to Welbeck. Instead it was a sloppy square pass to no man's land. Had Coquelin done that we'd be calling it like it is.

2. As you say Bellerin made that stupid run forward into a crowded space while we still had 3 Leicester attackers in our final third. Leicester were well aware of what he was trying to do and easily shut him down.

3. Kolasinac and Montreal allowed Vardy to get in between them. Kola especially should've got much tighter and goal side of Vardy. He's not a centre back, despite Wenger's insistence on playing him there.

carlito'sway likes this.
  4. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

It's only a shock because you're new.

5. Makingtrax

Watched both handballs several times. And they're as bad as each other for different reasons. One each there.

6. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

You're being harsh man.

Both Ndidi and Okazaki were bearing down on Xhaka. Passing to Elneny was out of the question because it essentially puts him in the same position. As I mentioned, the lane to Holding was cut by Okazaki.

Furthermore, something I was taught growing up and playing football is that you play the way you face, especially in potentially compromising situations, that is the back-half. Xhaka did just that. IMO, you can't really fault him because there was literally nowhere he could have gone in the 1 or 2 seconds he had the ball, besides just booting it long and hard which in hindsight looks like a good option.

I agree with your other 2 points.

celestis likes this.
  7. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

Agree. I love Xhaka but his square pass to no one was inexcusable. In transition, to lose a ball like that is suicidal. He knows that and acknowledged his mistake after the game.

8. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Agree , dude thought he was playing volleyball at the beach .

Justi, Makingtrax and Furious like this.
  9. halfvolley

halfvolley Well-Known Member

It's beyond ridiculous. Everyone ignores the stonewall penalty but goes on and on about a dubious handball that led to a corner kick. That we scored from the corner is ****ing irrelevant, how far back in the chain of events are we supposed to go for every goal? There will always be something to complain about if you roll back the clock long enough.

10. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Mark Clattenburg apparently told Andy Townshend that even if there was VAR there wouldn't have been any difference because the ball had gone out for a corner, so that particular play was over.

halfvolley and celestis like this.
  11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Big positive for me was our
    Tyler kept crying about it, so annoying.

North5 and Furious like this.
  12. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Tyler is so boring now. Hate it when he does the FA Cup matches at Wembley. Absolutely no emotion at all.

Jackie_Treehorn likes this.
  13. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

The way sky kept going to Alexis when we were losing as well. Then ignored him after Giroud's goal.

Never seen such an agenda to get a player out of a club.

14. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Never mentioned the Leicester handball. He was asking specifically about the Özil handball, which was in fact blatant (and this is coming from the biggest Özil fan on this forum).

Makingtrax likes this.
  15. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Whoa hey now, i don't have his name on my account for nothing :drool:

16. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Pfft. I have his name tattooed on my heart.

Furious likes this.
  17. Uncle Good-Advice

Uncle Good-Advice Well-Known Member

Whenever I can't watch the game live usually it's a great one but f**k me... even while watching the replay and knowing the scoreline that was nail-biting stuff...

Makingtrax likes this.
  18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Disgraceful posting attacking other Arsenal fans like this.

Mark Tobias, mavelous and Makingtrax like this.
  19. Makingtrax

:lol: Foxestalk calling out Arsenal plastic fans.

20. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

**** off then you absolute mug hahahahahaha

{reed} and Rimaal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.