• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Liverpool, 04/4/15. 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
I suspect he was there to help Bellerin with Sterling. He did fine there but imo we missed him in the middle, in the first half it was too easy for Liverpool to play trough the middle.

Also worth noting that his best play of the game was the excellent turn and pass for Sanchez's goal, which came in the middle of the park

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Furious Styles

I read florentp's post as an answer to a question regarding who he thinks is 'world class' (the last sentence of Yousifs post). A direct edited quote would have clarified things... If he indeed thinks Sakho is better then fair enough. I don't see the drama or need to go OTT about that opinion he holds either way tbh. It's not like he said we should sell him to Liverpool for £15m... Although it may transpire that he might fancy a swap ;)

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
@Furious Styles

I read florentp's post as an answer to a question regarding who he thinks is 'world class' (the last sentence of Yousifs post). A direct edited quote would have clarified things... If he indeed thinks Sakho is better then fair enough. I don't see the drama or need to go OTT about that opinion he holds either way tbh. It's not like he said we should sell him to Liverpool for £15m... Although it may transpire that he might fancy a swap ;)

Fair enough, but even if we read it that way; he doesn't include Kos in his list of world class, but he has Sakho so either way he must think Sakho> Kos. Frankly anyone watching them for a few games should be able to see that there's levels between them in quality. Think there should be place for a bit of banter though. But yeah, I agree, let's move on.

blaze_of_glory

I saw this team before the game and thought it was funny enough but after watching that video and listening to his logic... :D holy ****

Hilarious really. None of Özil, Cazorla or Ramsey in the combined midfield but Henderson makes it loool. Doesn't even pick his own best player in Sterling, dismisses Kos despite him being far and away the best defender on either team, and probably better than any defender Liverpool have had in 10 years or more, but picks Mertesacker because he's "a big lad."

At least he was honest enough about how it went in the post-game video hehe.

Last edited:

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Hilarious really. None of Özil, Cazorla or Ramsey in the combined midfield but Henderson makes it loool. Doesn't even pick his own best player in Sterling, dismisses Kos despite him being far and away the best defender on either team, and probably better than any defender Liverpool have had in 10 years or more, but picks Mertesacker because he's "a big lad."

At least he was honest enough about how it went in the post-game video hehe.

My favourite bit was when he said 'Neither arsenal keeper is better than Mignolet since Christmas' :D ok let's ignore all the points he cost in the first half of the season

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Just finished watching this game a second time, what a thrilling victory. We absolutely destroyed them, amazing performance.

pikey2000

Realyl enjoyed the game although you did think at times there was opportunity for it to turn against us i.e the early Sterling chance and then again when Bellerin probably should have been sent off - top level football is such a finely balanced game

Only read the last few pages but wanted to make special mention to Coquelin who I thought was excellent yesterday, especially in the first half - his positioning and ability to intercept/break up the Liverpool attacks before they even started was key, especially when we took our foot of the gas after the first 10 mins - great to see him continuing to keep his performances up to a good level

BobP

Memri Fan
It was good to see Ramsey on the wing, though he may be defensively competent in big games I think he is a bit loose technically and having Özil and Cazorla orientated centrally meant we were much more efficient with the ball. Ramsey was also very active when pressing in the first half.

As opposed to our approach in the away fixture, where we opted to remain narrow, we actually were aiming to to stretch the Liverpool back three. This was evidenced by the first goal where Ramsey pulled out Sakho and the half space opened which Bellerin made a run into diagonally scoring a goal with a fine finish, obviously aided by Moreno's criminal defending.

http://spielverlagerung.com/2015/04/06/arsenal-liverpool-41/

The 1 comment on the article makes a good point about our effective pressing when facing a back 3, need to find an effective solution to pressing a back 4.

DanielVale

We were quite lucky for a few periods. If we didn't get that first goal, I think we would have blown it. Still, after the second goal, that was it. Game over.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Bob think we pressed Liverpool as hard as we did because they had a back 3 and Kolo , Sakho are not great passers . Against another side we might adopt a method to playing without the ball . We have been tactically flexible in that regard this year .

onetowatch

There was some good analysis on MNF with how our wide forwards (Alexis and Ramsey) actually stayed wide to stretch their 3 CBs. Utd did the same the previous game week with Mata and Young. They compared it to our game at Anfield in December when we were quite narrow and they coped well.

Combined with the pressing it could've been what Bellerin was talking about in his post match interview re: midweek work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom