• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Man U | Sun 31st January | 16:00

progman07

Established Member
flobaba said:
Denilson must look very good in training.
Not sure about the London Colney trainings, but in the Austrian training camp, he was consistently terrible. He was lost there in the fast game played by Cesc, RvP and co. It completely passed him by.

Accomplished

Established Member
flobaba said:
If he can cope with the mental aspect, i.e. not letting his head down during this period (which I believe must be a very tough time for the kid) Denilson, like Song and Diaby, will come good eventually. I'm sure of it. Become something like an Unsung Hero. Unfortunately, it will cost us quite a bit during the time while he develops.

To be honest, what worries me the most is that I have no idea whether Denilson realises he's been so poor recently. His lack of effort to track back against united, having done the same thing against Stoke, says to me that he doesn't realise the mistakes he is making.

So is the guy really struggling mentally? Or is he simply being protected by Wenger, and doesn't realise that his performances are costing the team?

Unfortunately, I think it's the latter.

DOUBLE-YOU

I have to agree, Denilson did have a bad game, but he wasn't the only one. Nasri has been just as poor this season and Clichy is not the Clichy of 2 seasons ago. At times i feel it is time for Ramsey, but every time he plays against big teams he is a liability.

on another note, watch the second goal again, and as well as Vermaelen did to get back, he actually hesitates and slows down. Maybe he thought Rooney was going to take a touch, but i feel more could have been done to stop the goal.

Swish

Established Member
I don't wanna seem like a killjoy, but is it not time to relegate this thread to the Match Day subforum? This game has largely contributed to the negative atmosphere around this place since last Sunday and keeping the thread active is only encouraging the doom and gloom further.

Out of sight, out of mind. It's about time we looked ahead now with Chelsea in a couple of days.

flobaba

Don't worry Swish, once we get a good result against Chelsea at the bridge, this game will be forgotten.

abz_14

Accomplished said:
flobaba said:
If he can cope with the mental aspect, i.e. not letting his head down during this period (which I believe must be a very tough time for the kid) Denilson, like Song and Diaby, will come good eventually. I'm sure of it. Become something like an Unsung Hero. Unfortunately, it will cost us quite a bit during the time while he develops.

To be honest, what worries me the most is that I have no idea whether Denilson realises he's been so poor recently. His lack of effort to track back against united, having done the same thing against Stoke, says to me that he doesn't realise the mistakes he is making.

So is the guy really struggling mentally? Or is he simply being protected by Wenger, and doesn't realise that his performances are costing the team?

Unfortunately, I think it's the latter.

It shouldnt really matter if Denilson thinks his performances haven been poor, it matters if Wenger has not realised it yet though!

Best way to solve a player with a mental problem to is simply follow two routes, create a 'me against the world' mentality within the player and see if he improves, or just isolate him, get him out of the first team squad and tell him to prove his worth. If the player wants to be back, he will do his his utmost to come back, if not then ship him out of here!

Latest posts

Top Bottom