• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester Utd | March 10, 2019 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Our attack still doesn't feel cohesive enough, we kept hitting Man United on the counter and fizzling out once it got to our forwards.

We scored 2 lucky goals today even though we constantly hit them on the counter. Still worried about our forwards.
It’s just as streaky as it has been for years—justva different kind of streaky under Emery. I think we generally play better backs to the wall football these days. I fancy holding out for the win more now than for as far back as I can remember.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s just as streaky as it has been for years—justva different kind of streaky under Emery. I think we generally play better backs to the wall football these days. I fancy holding out for the win more now than for as far back as I can remember.
It was only streaky for maybe two seasons with Wenger.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’ve thought our attack had no real structure to it for years. Didn’t look fluent or reliable often enough, way before Alexis arrived. He improved it because he had the individual brilliance, but we relied too often on great goals and we paid for it.
Amazing how Wenger got top 4 for years playing with no structure on our spend! Quite amazing.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Just back from the game.

I haven’t been rained on that much since the champions league final in 2006.

Better outcome, mind.
Totally drenched. Thank goodness managed to grab a black cab (even if the cabbie was a Manu fan) and get to Radici restaurant quickly to down a few grappas to warm up before dinner.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We need to build our team around Lacazette and Aubameyang as a front two. With Özil behind them I'm confident we can score goals against anyone.

I thought we played better against Sp**s with a 4411. Better defensive shape and still threatened on the counter. We were too open today.

This was a finely balanced game but I think we edged it due to our strong start and some heroic last ditch defending.

It was a ballsy performance.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Great win, a very bold team selection by Emery and some majestic performances by Ramsey, Xhaka, Leno, AMN, Kos and Papa.

Also gotta laugh at their match predictions over at RCafe :)

RYbKnW8l.jpg

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Delighted with the win but I actually thought our attack (Lacazette aside) was pretty poor today. Wasted loads of decent counter attacking opportunities and De Gea didn’t have to make a save.

I think having two direct wide men who can dribble and link up well is quite a crucial component to Emery's style. Like we've seen with Mkhi's recent turn of form how much better we look as an attacking force in the 4-2-3-1. Today it was more like we just played our three best forwards (4 if you count Ramsey as an attacker) out of necessity more than anything else. Amazing how Özil behind the two strikers just doesn't automatically work as well as you might think it would.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Great win, a very bold team selection by Emery and some majestic performances by Ramsey, Xhaka, Leno, AMN, Kos and Papa.

Also gotta laugh at their match predictions over at RCafe :)

RYbKnW8l.jpg

They're pretty salty about that Unai's at the wheel tweet.
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/unais-at-the-wheel.445721/

It's arsenal, pettiness runs deep.

They havent won anything of note in a long time, they should focus on that before **** tweeting

He who laughs last, laughs best

Just another **** time small club that can’t think of original chants

Bet they all loved that dancefloor stuff. Typical school bully mentality, can dish it out but can't take it.

Its just the Arsenal twitter account ran by whoever does our social media stuff. Its not like Emery or Raul sat down and tweeted that out.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Delighted with the win but I actually thought our attack (Lacazette aside) was pretty poor today. Wasted loads of decent counter attacking opportunities and De Gea didn’t have to make a save.
They were wotless in all honesty. Frustrating as ****. Got to the point where I rarely sat up in excitement when we countered in numbers. I was waiting for us to mess it up, and they did every time, It was ponderous and clumsey,

say yes

forum master baiter
I think having two direct wide men who can dribble and link up well is quite a crucial component to Emery's style. Like we've seen with Mkhi's recent turn of form how much better we look as an attacking force in the 4-2-3-1. Today it was more like we just played our three best forwards (4 if you count Ramsey as an attacker) out of necessity more than anything else. Amazing how Özil behind the two strikers just doesn't automatically work as well as you might think it would.

Agree with every word. Not going to touch on certain personnel issues because I’ve been getting too many death threats but I certainly didn’t think our attack looked particularly cohesive today.

As you say though, I think the formation was one of necessity. Emery’s preferred formation is clearly a 4231 but it seems like he doesn’t feel that we can play that way without Mkhitraryan’s width.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom