PL: Arsenal v Manchester Utd | March 10, 2019 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Mar 7, 2019.

?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2019.
  1. Arsenal win

58.6%
  2. Draw

32.8%
  3. Utd Loss

8.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

You look at Xhaka's long range goals and in most of them the keeper gets a hand to it but can't keep it out. He hits them with insane power and swerve. It's no fluke.

kopzilla, Preacher, say yes and 5 others like this.
  2. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

I could argue about a pen..
    Fred did push him just enough (having no chance to play the ball) to put Laca of the balance and fall. it was soft, and stupid, but it was not a dive, Laca had to go down cause of the move he did and the push at the right spot/time.
    not a pen I say, but, unfortunately there are no strict rules what is a pen and what is not. as long as it is like that then it is refs decision to judge. problem with that is no 2 refs see the same sutuation the same, reason why so much **** gets blown. one game you see that called a pen, next one its a yellow for dive, 3rd game and its nothing.

I am saying that so we realize there is no strict rule. Wenger talked about it a lot and warned how much mess it will keep happening and how Var wont help either.
    basically what happens is every ref has his style and his way of seeing stuff. 5 minutes into any PL game and if you compare it with 5 mins of the other game and you'll see world of difference refereeing.

so, if you sit down, watch the game again and go with refs decisions and see the game thru his eyes (and unfortunately them are the only eyes who control the match) you'll realize its a clear pen.

just how many times did we end up in opposite situation. many times I was pissed at refs of course, but many times I was also fuming at our players for giving away a pen, even tho it shouldn't have been awarded, when they clearly could have avoided them, if only they realized who the ref was that day.

english league has worst refs and ref organization in top leagues, its absolutely unbelievable that happens in Worlds best and reachest league. it's a huge shame and a massive, massive problem, as often seen with English clubs and NT when under foreign refereeing

3. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Still buzzing, that was not only a massive result but a massive weekend. Chelsea draw, Spuds & Utd lose. Its got me pumped for Thurs now, same team but Mustafi & Nketiah in for Sokratis & Laca.

4. turkish gooner

turkish gooner Well-Known Member

great win guys great win.

now next target should be getting 3rd spot and make tottenham sh.it on their pants cuz they feel the fear to finish out of top 4

OSBK likes this.
  5. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

That soft penalty was justice for the soft (and offside) one that Sp**s were given against us. We'd have won that game comfortably.

6. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

I don't give a penny whether the performance was good or not, because under Wenger we would more often than not outplay United in terms of possession, slick passing and chances created, yet rarely ever beat them. This is exactly what I wanted to change. Now let us be the jammy side that wins and let them be the pretty side that gets suckerpunched, I'll take that, thank you very much.

gunner4lyfe, zhaggy and Sapient Hawk like this.
  7. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Redcafe is a great read. Some want a penalty for that challenge where Rashford wanted a corner, some claimed a penalty when Kos got hit on the chest.. and then the salty reactions when Laca fell. I love it. **** club.

RacingPhoton and Mark Tobias like this.
  8. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

You don't have to go that far. There were 3 wrong offside calls against us in the United match itself. Mind you, we were in very good position to attack in all the three cases. I feel that our attack lost fluency because of those bad decisions. Might have been a whole different game otherwise.

yybecause likes this.
  9. dbig

dbig Well-Known Member

Won ugly. Feels great!

Especially after all the bullshit we've gotten when playing them.

I'll take every little bit of Emery's luck that we can get.

TakeChillPill likes this.
  10. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Agreed, Moss did his best to give us absolutely nothing.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  11. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Thought Nketiah actually looked quite threatening considering he only had a few minutes on the pitch, encouraging stuff.

12. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

It was a short cameo but Suarez came on and offered exactly what we needed in the absence of Mkhitaryan.

say yes likes this.
  13. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

So did I. Was very lively. Possibly helped by the fact they had some what given up by then but can't fault him for anything. Chased lost causes and just kept that pressure mounting till the whistle went.

yybecause likes this.
  14. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Only a few things sweeter in life than that feeling of waking up after a trashing of the Mancs :D

kopzilla and OSBK like this.
  15. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

Do those troglodytes not remember how they behaved when Wenger was sent to the stands at Old Trafford?

The sit down you ********** chants that caused their own manager to come out and tell them to stop it?

Yet a tweet poking a bit of fun at a fan chant is bang out of order

kopzilla and blaze_of_glory like this.
  16. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Agreed he also look more sharper too

yybecause likes this.
  17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

He really should take more free kicks he really know how to hit them in far corner.

18. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

8 tackles. More than anyone in the game

yybecause likes this.
  19. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Lol

20. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

That's been a decade ago. Most of them were probably about four years old.

squallman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.