• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Newcastle | Monday, January 18 | KO: 20:00 UTC | Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Henry was way faster and stronger. Better finisher too. RVP looked more skillful, elegant and artistic to me though. More interesting to watch and his control was just sublime.

Keplaz

Henry was way faster and stronger. Better finisher too. RVP looked more skillful, elegant and artistic to me though. More interesting to watch and his control was just sublime.
RVP had an artistry to his play. I thought he would end up more like Dennis but Arsène saw his ability as a finisher.

I think Henry's technique is underestimated. I think in terms of technique, control and skill levels, there's not much between them. Thierry scored more goals but I think RVP was the more natural finisher.

Henry even used to say he wasn't a natural killer. He had to learn to finish. RVP I think had the killer instinct and as he couldn't use his pace like Thierry could, perfected his movement and relied on his technique.

And Thierry used his pace when he could or his skill. RVP didn't have the pace, so relied on skill. Some of Henry's goals required phenomenal technique levels. He just didn't need to rely on it as much, like RVP did.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
In a word...no. None of the above. RVP's strongest asset was his finishing and Henry surpassed him even in that.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
RVP had an artistry to his play. I thought he would end up more like Dennis but Arsène saw his ability as a finisher.

I think Henry's technique is underestimated. I think in terms of technique, control and skill levels, there's not much between them. Thierry scored more goals but I think RVP was the more natural finisher.

Henry even used to say he wasn't a natural killer. He had to learn to finish. RVP I think had the killer instinct and as he couldn't use his pace like Thierry could, perfected his movement and relied on his technique.

And Thierry used his pace when he could or his skill. RVP didn't have the pace, so relied on skill. Some of Henry's goals required phenomenal technique levels. He just didn't need to rely on it as much, like RVP did.
More phenomenal technique than RvP's goals?
In a word...no. None of the above. RVP's strongest asset was his finishing and Henry surpassed him even in that.
No way. RvP had better first touch and ball control. He definitely looked more graceful, elegant and skillful in his play.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
More phenomenal technique than RvP's goals? And RVP was

No way. RvP had better first touch and ball control. He definitely looked more graceful, elegant and skillful in his play.
You are on your own there. The rest of the world rates Henry way above Van Persie. With good reason.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Van Persie had 2 stunning seasons his last year with us and first with United. Henry had about 6 of those. Think that's where the comparison should end.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Thierry was the perfect mix of speed and skill, haven't really a striker as good as him since and I never will, quite frankly.
I'm not saying RVP was better than Henry. Just that he was a better player to watch with superior technical ability, grace and elegance.

Majority of the rest of the world don't really know what they're on about.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He was injured most of the time and played in horrendous teams compared to Henry though.
Too much ifs and buts with that. Henry would have still been brilliant if our team was poor. He'd have left sooner and still been quality.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I'm not saying RVP was better than Henry. Just that he was a better player to watch with superior technical ability, grace and elegance.

Majority of the rest of the world don't really know what they're on about.

No RVP wasn’t better to watch than Henry. There is no way RVP was more exciting on the ball than Henry he was electric and better at dribbling than RVP. Maybe RVP was a better finisher I’m not even sure about that one.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well, thats evident with RVP final year performance with Walcott and Song as his support.
He was here when the likes of Fabregas, Nasri and Arshavin where here too and didn't produce an Henry level season.

He was a fantastic player, that's why everyone was so angry when he left, not in Henry's league though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I respect the people who will watch this game. Cause this will be such a boring game. Probably a 0-0

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
It’s different strokes for different folks regarding who was better to watch. Why isn’t that understood here? Nobody’s right or wrong :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom