• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Newcastle | Monday, January 18 | KO: 20:00 UTC | Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Scoring early is important against these sides will just frustrate hell out of you the only time we deserve to lose this season at-home is against Villa. Leicester Wolves Burnley were all unlucky but can't recreate the past so we should learn from this

GoonerJay24

Are you joking? We tried that... we need an AM for creativity. We produce nothing in the 343 and 442

We've never tried a flat 442. There are many ways to be creative under these systems. It's down to the manager to identify and communicate them to the players.

This is what I'd do anyway.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Southampton(A) Man Utd (H) Wolves (A) next very tough fixture but we might be in luck playing Southampton wolves in right time both been off form injures. Manutd are different than we play them in November but strangely we do well against them lately. 7 from 9 would be very good return 5 from 9 still acceptable. Our top form defensively don't see us losing any game in near future imo.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Auba missed open goal and another decent chance we were dominant from first minute but putting the ball into net also stop looking at XG's its crap
2 chances despite dominating one of the worst sides in the league at home yousif, is this what we're considering a great half for the Arsenal, some saying as good as the second?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ts-rip-at-newcastle-players-amid-tactics-rift

“The gloves are off now and we will do it my way,” said Bruce as he continued to face a barrage of criticism on Tyneside following Tuesday’s immensely disappointing 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United.

“We were absolutely frigging hopeless the other night; we were absolutely ****e. Unfortunately that’s happened a little too often in my 18 months here; it was nowhere near good enough for the challenge ahead. Maybe it’s a mentality thing.”

Deconstructing players so publicly is a rare, high-risk managerial strategy but Bruce is clearly at the end of his tether. The Newcastle manager’s desire to shift to a back four is at the heart of tensions within a squad in which a majority of players are keen to stick with the back-five system devised by Bruce’s predecessor, Rafael Benítez. Only last month a delegation of senior professionals asked to return to a default formation Benítez felt camouflaged a collective lack of central defensive pace.

“It [changing to a back four] is something I’ve toyed with since I’ve been at the club,” said Bruce, whose side travel to Arsenal on Monday night seeking to end a run of eight games without a win. “We’ve played a certain way in the past to try to make sure we get the results we need. I’ve let them be comfortable. But, like I say, the gloves are off now. I’m going to do things the way I see fit. We’ll do it my way.”

When we have another performance like Palace people will be confused *shrugs*

novar

First half really was like Palace, was sad because that space Auba exploited for the first goal was there the whole time, and is our main attacking outlet. And Newcastle actually felt they didn't need to bother.

1 shot on target under that kind of defending speaks volumes about our attacking prowess atm

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
34ioaeylvac61.jpg

That's a really good passmap. Midfield working together, Defense working together, Wings working on both sides, the majority of passes in a progressive direction, no player left out (Well, Tierney a bit surprisingly on second look. But Almiron was very good tbf.).

Just really nice to look at.

Last edited:

Jack badmon

34ioaeylvac61.jpg

That's a really good passmap. Midfield working together, Defense working together, Wings working on both sides, the majority of passes in a progressive direction, no player left out (Well, Tierney a bit surprisingly on second look. But Almiron was very good tbf.).

From what it looks like we were very right dominant yesterday helped hugely with Cedric providing quality with the ball. This shows too the influence lacazette has on our game. People talk about our young guns, Partey, Auba, Tierney etc but laca is the man atm. I feel good to say that we are much more of a rounded team.

novar

bit surprised Xhaka was the one with the most progressive passing, thought it was clearly Partey but I guess these maps count what we would call sideways as progressive?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
34ioaeylvac61.jpg

Still a huge amount of passing around at the back . . against Newcastle?

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Still a huge amount of passing around at the back . . against Newcastle?

That's normal, things start/switch from the back and we're playing out the back. As already pointed out the same counts for City. It's not like we're skipping our defenders.

bonzka

34ioaeylvac61.jpg

Positive! Really want to see the centre backs passing to Partey more. They seem hesitate when he has a man lingering on his shoulder.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Thought I'd compare to City Vs Palace. We obviously play wider but there's a lot of similarities...

20210119-192301.jpg
Big difference between that pass map and ours. There's a hole up top in the centre of ours. We keep delivering these U shaped pass maps.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Big difference between that pass map and ours. There's a hole up top in the centre of ours. We keep delivering these U shaped pass maps.

But Auba and Saka have more advanced average positions than any City player.

Look I'm not saying we are as good as City or even have as good a tactical set up but there are similarities in their passing around the back a lot Vs a low block. Also they whipped in 29 crosses Vs Palace

It's not easy to break down, that's why teams do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom