• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Southampton | April 8, 2018 14:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustafi looks worse live than he does on TV. Even simple passes under no pressure are off target. Wondering if he's short sighted.

I got murdered on here for suggesting he is not a good passer. In the end I had to agree with the bullies that he was a good passer because I was having a couple of death threats in PM.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I got murdered on here for suggesting he is not a good passer. In the end I had to agree with the bullies that he was a good passer because I was having a couple of death threats in PM.
Rule 1 of AM club never give in to bullies, Rule 2 NEVER give in to bullies. ;)

Last edited:

Linson

I don't buy this nonsense about both parties getting red cards. Wilsheres offence was yellow card worthy. The Southampton players offence was red card worthy. It's just weak to suggest that both parties get reds in circumstances like this. No sense of justice and taking the easy way out.
Elneny shouldn't have been sent off either. One of the weakest red cards I've ever seen if not the weakest. The club should appeal it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The atmosphere at the Emirates has gone to ****. We weren't far from the Saints fans and that's all we could hear. Deafening, even when they were losing.

There seemed to be more Chinese and US fans around us. The guy behind must have been deaf, talking at 90 decibels. He was explaining the rules to his girlfriend the whole match. 'Like the umpire is spraying a line, so that like the players like know where to stand'.:lol:

There have been a fair amount of Chinese and US tourists since day one TBH. Even during the final couple of seasons at Highbury it wasnt unusual to see Chinese/US tourists.

Very noticeable gaps in the crowd again. It’s the norm now I guess.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

My favourite of his is the low flat chipped pass forward with too much pace on it that ends up going out for a goal kick. That's a classic.

FreakySami

The atmosphere at the Emirates has gone to ****. We weren't far from the Saints fans and that's all we could hear. Deafening, even when they were losing.

There seemed to be more Chinese and US fans around us. The guy behind must have been deaf, talking at 90 decibels. He was explaining the rules to his girlfriend the whole match. 'Like the umpire is spraying a line, so that like the players like know where to stand'.:lol:

Is this how I'm going to be treated if I ever go to the Emirates @Makingtrax ?? I actually want to go for one of the remaining games but don't know how to go about buying tickets and such.

FreakySami

If our away form was half decent we definitely could've finished 3rd with not bad total of points. Unfortunately it been shambles away form even Burnley got better away form than us
If you actually remembered we were robbed of+-10 points in the first half of the season do it's normal we were ****. Even today the refs are ****, but who cares it sells.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If you actually remembered we were robbed of+-10 points in the first half of the season do it's normal we were ****. Even today the refs are ****, but who cares it sells.
Yes a lot of bad decision didn't help either. The decisions that went against us at Stoke and westbrom were unforgivable

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Is this how I'm going to be treated if I ever go to the Emirates @Makingtrax ?? I actually want to go for one of the remaining games but don't know how to go about buying tickets and such.

Just become a red member or buy though second hand market (applying due dillgence of course). There’s has never been a time in recent memory with so many available tickets.

BBF

Elneny sent off because of this? o_O:lol:

It's stupid, but he pushed him in the face, and the ref just sent off a player for hitting out at another one so it makes sense. Can't say anyone's upset by this though, watching him trying to create something is torture.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Wilshere gave a well timed push to Cedric that gave Welbeck the free header for the winning goal. Thats an assist tbh.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Wilshere gave a well timed push to Cedric that gave Welbeck the free header for the winning goal. Thats an assist tbh.

Assisted the winner with the push to free Welbeck, down to take a yellow for the team to stop a Southampton break, got a Saints player sent off when they were pilling on the pressure late, no Elneny for 3 matches.

Masterclass cameo from Jack.

c00lguy

Ref made the right decision on the Wilshere thing. Tugging shirt's always a yellow, Soton player lost control for a second and deserved the red.

Didn't get why Elneny later got sent off though. The club should appeal.

CanadianGooner1608

So. Just watched the game on replay.

And I have to say, knowing that we won before watching made Welbeck all the more entertaining to me.
He did get involved with all three goals, not denying that, and that's amazing for him, it makes me genuinely happy.
But when he misses. When he misses, it is comedy gold.
Can't help but love the guy while at the same time hating him.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

As @freeglennhelder2 said, just become a red member and then buy tickets on the website is the easiest way.

I bought my tickets a couple of weeks before but there's not many left at that point. And certainly not if you want to go as a group or couple and sit together.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Don't know what nationality you are Sami, but the Emirates is pretty respectful place to go. There was a Chinese couple in our seats who didn't speak much English. I took them to a nearby official who sorted them out with a smile.

Been to a few grounds around the country and the Emirates is definitely one of the least intimidating.

HBL

Established Member
We were the only prem side to win at home this weekend. Also, 10 clean sheets in 24 games when Monreal has played this season and we had one in games against Palace and Everton but he went off in both games. Compared to one in eight games with out him, what a man!

That was a dire watch yesterday tbh, we looked like United under LVG with all the sideways passing. Not sure how we went into half time leading, we were absolutely dreadful. Hoping next weekend we’ll play a stronger side as there is no Europa league the week after. Would probably play something like this against Newcastle next weeekend:

Auba - Lacazette - Nelson
Özil
Xhaka - Ramsey
Nacho - Koscielny- Chambers - Bellerin
Cech
Iwobi and Welbeck will probably both start in midweek.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Elneny’s is never a red card, should appeal just for the sake of being able to rotate. The ref could have easily just given the Sunderland player a yellow aswell, often see it happen that way as otherwise it leaves the ref with no option in later incidents, as Elneny found out.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

When Elneny got sent off a very elderly Irish chap on the table next to me in the pub shouted he should have been sent off “for his haircut alone”. :lol::lol::lol:

TBF some mortified younger members of his family told him off for making potentially offensive comments.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Elneny’s is never a red card, should appeal just for the sake of being able to rotate. The ref could have easily just given the Sunderland player a yellow aswell, often see it happen that way as otherwise it leaves the ref with no option in later incidents, as Elneny found out.
They are still in the league????:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom