• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Southampton | February 24, 2019 14:05 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Would have been better had Liverpool nicked a goal and beaten United because Arsenal would be two points ahead of them instead of just one. That single point could make a difference in the end and Liverpool simply isn't a factor for Arsenal. No way of catching them, so the focus should be on United, Chelsea and (hopefully) Sp**s. But all in all, a very good day indeed.

Right, but i don’t want to catch Liverpool. I just want them to suffer.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Thierry really could do it all. But he had better skills on the ball then both of them too and his passing was much better. Still record holder for assists.
The only striker of recent vintage who has come close to the output of Thierry in terms of scoring and providing IMO is Suarez. He obviously didn't have the electric pace and wasn't as good a dribbler but he was versatile enough to drift out wide or operate more centrally and he assisted a lot in his prime.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The only striker of recent vintage who has come close to the output of Thierry in terms of scoring and providing IMO is Suarez. He obviously didn't have the electric pace and wasn't as good a dribbler but he was versatile enough to drift out wide or operate more centrally and he assisted a lot in his prime.
Yeah short prime where he could do it all. Stayed at Ajax a bit too long.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Encouraging performance today, bar three or four moments we looked very solid at the back.

Going forward we had some clear patterns on display, not just balls down the left flank only. Xhaka with space to pass into is a must for the rest of the season.

We should try and incorporate Özil, even if it means we bring him on later on to take advantage of the opposition chasing a goal. His work today with Auba was pleasing.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Correct me if I’m wrong but no matter what Arsenal’s fortunes are historically, winning away in the league at sp*rs is as rare as rocking horse sh1t. So we shouldn’t really be factoring it into any plans.

BUT there’s always the Wembley effect...

I've just been putting rocking horse sh1t on my roses, anything is possible!

emilursin

Southamptons righ back Valery looks like a good raw talent, he could be really good, the way he dribled of two defenders before getting a corner in the first half was actually quite impressive from a fullback,

Chaoz_Enigma

Great game overall. Was impressed with everyone.
We stopped creating as much when Aaron went off.
I personally think we stopped creating when the scond half start as they changed to 4-4-2 and press us high. We could not really cope much from their press bar a few moments where we can counter. The counter chances are only created when Özil and aubameyang came on, and to be honest auba should have scored some the chances.

I might be a bit biased but I personally think Özil makes our counter ticks simply because he has good ball retention and does not misplaced pass under pressure. Unfortunately once again, his pressing is non-existent. Some of his flicks though...makes alot of grown man gasps.

I think Ramsey works when teams use low block on us while Özil works when we need to get out of high pressing system...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I personally think we stopped creating when the scond half start as they changed to 4-4-2 and press us high. We could not really cope much from their press bar a few moments where we can counter. The counter chances are only created when Özil and aubameyang came on, and to be honest auba should have scored some the chances.

I might be a bit biased but I personally think Özil makes our counter ticks simply because he has good ball retention and does not misplaced pass under pressure. Unfortunately once again, his pressing is non-existent. Some of his flicks though...makes alot of grown man gasps.

I think Ramsey works when teams use low block on us while Özil works when we need to get out of high pressing system...
You're right man. I was rewatching the game now because I am usually a harsh Ramsey critic but today I came in here shocked to see everyone hated his performance. I see now they did shift to a 442 and it made all the difference. In fact they turned on the pressure at times because of this. Re Özil. Definitely, we look slicker on the counter with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom