PL: Arsenal v Southampton | February 24, 2019 14:05 GMT

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Feb 22, 2019.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Feb 24, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

73.3%
  2. Draw

13.3%
  3. I hope Southampton Win

13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Yeah, at home we're contenders, but away we're just pretenders. In the last two seasons, City and us are the best home teams in the EPL.

Jae, krackpot and HBL like this.
  2. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Right, but i don’t want to catch Liverpool. I just want them to suffer.

3. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

The only striker of recent vintage who has come close to the output of Thierry in terms of scoring and providing IMO is Suarez. He obviously didn't have the electric pace and wasn't as good a dribbler but he was versatile enough to drift out wide or operate more centrally and he assisted a lot in his prime.

say yes, krackpot and razörist like this.
  4. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No problem, @American_Gooner helped out! Hope you enjoyed the game live!

lamby22 likes this.
  5. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah short prime where he could do it all. Stayed at Ajax a bit too long.

krackpot and Batman like this.
  6. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

I gather we were better in the first half, because the second was bloody boring

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Lol imagine if Özil didn't have that thing on

krackpot, Mo Britain and RacingPhoton like this.
  8. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Encouraging performance today, bar three or four moments we looked very solid at the back.

Going forward we had some clear patterns on display, not just balls down the left flank only. Xhaka with space to pass into is a must for the rest of the season.

We should try and incorporate Özil, even if it means we bring him on later on to take advantage of the opposition chasing a goal. His work today with Auba was pleasing.

krackpot likes this.
  9. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I've just been putting rocking horse sh1t on my roses, anything is possible!

10. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Has anyone from the club contacted you to take over the accounting department yet?

Taxi Driver and American_Gooner like this.
  11. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

No, Trilly got that ahead of me because I'm white.

krackpot, say yes and Artisan like this.
  12. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

In chess the white almost always has an advantage after the opening. Black can try the Sicilian defense to gain a tempi!

krackpot likes this.
  13. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Where I live, if you move the white piece in chess first, you're accused of racism and sentenced to life in prison.

14. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Great game overall. Was impressed with everyone.
    We stopped creating as much when Aaron went off.

Chaoz_Enigma likes this.
  15. emilursin

emilursin Well-Known Member

Southamptons righ back Valery looks like a good raw talent, he could be really good, the way he dribled of two defenders before getting a corner in the first half was actually quite impressive from a fullback,

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  16. Chaoz_Enigma

Chaoz_Enigma Active Member

I personally think we stopped creating when the scond half start as they changed to 4-4-2 and press us high. We could not really cope much from their press bar a few moments where we can counter. The counter chances are only created when Özil and aubameyang came on, and to be honest auba should have scored some the chances.

I might be a bit biased but I personally think Özil makes our counter ticks simply because he has good ball retention and does not misplaced pass under pressure. Unfortunately once again, his pressing is non-existent. Some of his flicks though...makes alot of grown man gasps.

I think Ramsey works when teams use low block on us while Özil works when we need to get out of high pressing system...

17. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

You're right man. I was rewatching the game now because I am usually a harsh Ramsey critic but today I came in here shocked to see everyone hated his performance. I see now they did shift to a 442 and it made all the difference. In fact they turned on the pressure at times because of this. Re Özil. Definitely, we look slicker on the counter with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.