• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Southampton | Saturday, November 23 | 15:00 GMT

What result are you hoping for in this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
'Any manager can do better than Wenger with this club.'

Yawn.

We are reaping the rewards of Wenger hanging on for too long in so many way... so many ways.

I'm not gonna argue the point with you, it's simply not worth it.

It is what it is, unfortunately.

I'm in full depression mode at the mo.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We all want Emery gone, but man a lot of players today should be ashamed of their game :
- our clown defense Sokratis-Luiz, can't build from the back, can't defend one on one, can't play a high line, they are a real disappointment.
- Guendouzi / Torreira, I had a lot of hopes for this pairing but they both had a nightmare, Guendouzi seems knackered, and Toreirra doesn't know which position he should take and they both take far too many touches on the ball, it slows us down a lot.
- Pepe : he needs to bury that chance he got, no excuses. And the fact that he plays with absolutely no intensity when he defends is disappointing
- Bellerin : he was ****, but I can understand that he's still trying to get back to match fitness after such a long injury

Toreirra broke up about 5 Southampton attacks and took a tactical yellow when they had a good break - he had absolutely nothing to be ashamed about. BTW Doozy/Luiz (don’t know which) had a great opportunity for a tactical foul on the breakaway Southampton attack that lead to their 2nd but passed it up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We are reaping the rewards of Wenger hanging on for too long in so many way... so many ways.

Wish you would shut the **** up with your Wenger rubbish if you’re not going to “argue the point”.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The away team had more shots overall and more shots on target. Same old story since pre season which was glossed over by better performances and results. Our opponents will need to misfire to give us any chance of winning whilst this issue remains. Emery is still useless and won't improve. Over 20 points behind the leaders before Christmas. All in on Ljungberg until the end of the season. At least he's one of our own.

roz

Fake News Merchant

:rolleyes:

OSBK

Established Member
It was terrible, but it's really sad times when your team gets blatantly shafted by a clear offside, reviewed by VIDEO, no less, and nobody cares about that. It warrant s some discussion, but I guess people are prioritising... I really want Arsenal to win more than anything, that's my problem, I suppose.

It does warrant a discussion but it changes nothing. The var decision didnt impact our performance or the countless ones before that. Thats what im worried about, i look at the next group of games and i actually wondering if we get a win out on any of them. Top 4, top 6, if something isnt changed right now we will be lucky to finish mid table.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
  • Emerys position is untenable
  • Sokratis performance was horrific, at times he almost had the appearance of somebody trying to deliberately concede
  • The ref was so poor that the net effect was he stopped the crowd from turning full on toxic
  • Our performance cannot be excused in any way but man, there was some next level sh1thousery going on from Southampton. Im partial to a touch of the “dark arts” myself but faking a head injury, that’s not on man :facepalm:

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Genuinely curious about what you mean specifically by the bolded...

Given Emery has brought in his own coaching staff for the most part, has had 18 months to instill his own tactical philosophy on a team quite different from Wenger's now due to the transfer windows he has been active in, which aspects from the Wenger era do you reckon are causing the hangover?

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
It does warrant a discussion but it changes nothing. The var decision didnt impact our performance or the countless ones before that. Thats what im worried about, i look at the next group of games and i actually wondering if we get a win out on any of them. Top 4, top 6, if something isnt changed right now we will be lucky to finish mid table.
Why can’t we separate the two issues, as we should, and have both?

What happens when we’re back on an even keel again and we get shafted? Are we to make more of it then because we played well? What does the performance have to do with it? This is not a defence of Emery. This is wanting some acknowledgement that we were thoroughly bent over again despite a ****ty performance. As I say, two completely separate issues.

Gursha

Wait guys is it possible that the reason we cant balance defence and attack with a 4-3-3 is because we tell our DM to get into the opposition box?

Ho wait... what is a DM ?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Of course it's easy and logical to focus on the dumpster fire that is Emery but I would like to take a moment out and credit Özil. I thought he was the best player on the pitch today. He ran his socks off, tried to be positive and at the end was one of the few players tracking back as Southampton should have scored a couple of times on the break when we were half heartedly chasing the game. I have been very critical of him(and justifiably so IMO) but it has been heartening to see his effort since he's come back into the team, even with this manager using him as a scapegoat and publicly throwing him under the bus. I just thought that deserved a moment of respect because while the results have not been there, he hasn't downed tools. He's put forth a much better effort than the manager's darlings Xhaka and Bellerin.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Of course we are :rolleyes:
It’s a very fair point, one that can at least be argued.

Seeing as there’s no absolute right or wrong on the matter I don’t understand why she’s getting this kind of response from you?

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Of course it's easy and logical to focus on the dumpster fire that is Emery but I would like to take a moment out and credit Özil. I thought he was the best player on the pitch today. He ran his socks off, tried to be positive and at the end was one of the few players tracking back as Southampton should have scored a couple of times on the break when we were half heartedly chasing the game. I have been very critical of him(and justifiably so IMO) but it has been heartening to see his effort since he's come back into the team, even with this manager using him as a scapegoat and publicly throwing him under the bus. I just thought that deserved a moment of respect because while the results have not been there, he hasn't downed tools. He's put forth a much better effort than the manager's darlings Xhaka and Bellerin.
Decent value for 350k a week, that. Praise the lord that he hasn't downed tools. He done well finding said tools after he initially downed them under Wenger.

TornadoTed

Established Member

Had 18 months, still can't decide what he wants to play.

This is the single biggest problem.

I would take any manger who would do 3 things,

Choose a formation and a style of play and stick to that for the majority of the time

Play the bulk of the same XI the majority of the time, of course players need resting at times but chopping and changing constantly ruins any cohesion

Instruct players to play to their strengths ie. don't try to convert a row Z defender like Sokratis into Beckenbauer or a defensive midfielder like Torreira into Frank Lampard.

I'm done blaming Emery though, he's failed and shouldn't even be here, the board are to blame for being blinkered and indecisive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom