• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Southampton | Saturday, November 23 | 15:00 GMT

What result are you hoping for in this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Up against Gerrard, Alonso AND Mascherano...yet he still dominated the middle!

Was thinking how bad we have looked in midfield recently, when it used to be our best attribute really, what happened to us...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Was thinking how bad we have looked in midfield recently, when it used to be our best attribute really, what happened to us...
Wrong signings that what happened. Since Cazorla Arteta Özil our midfield been so unbalanced and bad.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
With this kind of players, we will not win any trophy in many years... ffs emery

Riou

Wrong signings that what happened. Since Cazorla Arteta Özil our midfield been so unbalanced and bad.

True, a shame as we used to have the most technical midfield in the country for such a long period.

...this is another one I love, smashing Stoke who wouldn’t!

I loved our set up in this game...Coq just patrolling behind two ballers in Santi and Rozza, look at how much better we used to transition.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

Some ok triangles, but none of that looked like dominating the midfield.

Riou

Some ok triangles, but none of that looked like dominating the midfield.

We definitely dominated this game, I remember it like it was yesterday, was disappointed with just drawing this at the time.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Decent value for 350k a week, that. Praise the lord that he hasn't downed tools. He done well finding said tools after he initially downed them under Wenger.
Again, I have been critical of him often because I've felt it was justified but it does show at least a bit of character to go out and give 110% after the guy froze him out and acted like he was some kind of malignancy while he allowed actual human garbage like Xhaka to stink up the pitch week after week and then rewarded that with the armband. Has he been worth the money? No, of course not but he's shown more fight than a lot of that dressing room in recent weeks in spite of the manager singling him out when there are plenty of others whose performances didn't flatter them.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
We definitely dominated this game, I remember it like it was yesterday, was disappointed with just drawing this at the time.

We dominated pretty much every game before Wenger's last 4-5 years in terms of general play, passes, possession and beautiful game - but there have been quite a few times where we got outmuscled or just ruthlessly caught with our pants down on a counter as we lacked a killer punch and mentality.

Batman

Cesc is under appreciated because the way he went about leaving stung. He truly was incredible though. The job he and Wenger did playing beautiful football sometimes with Cesc and 10 wastemen on the pitch was really staggering. Looking back you kind of wonder how on earth they dragged some of those squads we put out to top 4 and even title challenges in those years. Then you look at someone with 200 million worth of a front 3 at their disposal playing like 2005 Stoke without the clean sheets and it really makes you sick.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Again, I have been critical of him often because I've felt it was justified but it does show at least a bit of character to go out and give 110% after the guy froze him out and acted like he was some kind of malignancy while he allowed actual human garbage like Xhaka to stink up the pitch week after week and then rewarded that with the armband. Has he been worth the money? No, of course not but he's shown more fight than a lot of that dressing room in recent weeks in spite of the manager singling him out when there are plenty of others whose performances didn't flatter them.
All anyone can do is do well when called upon, and he's done that tbf. No point in looking back, I suppose. Sad thing is he's probably been reinvigorated by the negativity it surrounding Emery, but any kind of motivation has to be good motivation at this point.

Batman

All anyone can do is do well when called upon, and he's done that tbf. No point in looking back, I suppose. Sad thing is he's probably been reinvigorated by the negativity it surrounding Emery, but any kind of motivation has to be good motivation at this point.
Exactly. I just thought it kind of summed things up today in the first couple of minutes of extra time when you had the midfielders who are supposed to be operating behind him jogging back as Southampton were on the counter and it was Özil coming from his more advanced position trying to prevent them from getting clean through to Leno. It just really kind of put a bow on what his side has become under Emery, disjointed and nonsensical.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I'm done blaming Emery though, he's failed and shouldn't even be here, the board are to blame for being blinkered and indecisive.

I don't get the people that continue to work themselves into a rage mode and direct it at Emery.

He is clearly out of his depth here but what do people expect him to do? Throw in the towel? Admit defeat?

Deep down I think even he knows the end is near but he will try to battle on, he wouldn't have got here in the first place if he was a quitter.

So instead of constantly calling him bum, bastard, *****, taking the mick out of his accent/words he uses etc, people should save their energy for the guys responsible for still keeping him in his position.

OSBK

Established Member
Of course it's easy and logical to focus on the dumpster fire that is Emery but I would like to take a moment out and credit Özil. I thought he was the best player on the pitch today. He ran his socks off, tried to be positive and at the end was one of the few players tracking back as Southampton should have scored a couple of times on the break when we were half heartedly chasing the game. I have been very critical of him(and justifiably so IMO) but it has been heartening to see his effort since he's come back into the team, even with this manager using him as a scapegoat and publicly throwing him under the bus. I just thought that deserved a moment of respect because while the results have not been there, he hasn't downed tools. He's put forth a much better effort than the manager's darlings Xhaka and Bellerin.

I actually loved at the end when he could hardly run anymore he was trying to boot the southampton players. Guy is a legend

Riou

We dominated pretty much every game before Wenger's last 4-5 years in terms of general play, passes, possession and beautiful game - but there have been quite a few times where we got outmuscled or just ruthlessly caught with our pants down on a counter as we lacked a killer punch and mentality.

Really shows how perfect Vieira was, best physical and best technical player in midfield when we had him.

Batman

I actually loved at the end when he could hardly run anymore he was trying to boot the southampton players. Guy is a legend
It definitely warmed my heart a bit as sad as that may sound. Game basically lost, season basically lost, manager hates him but he was out there on dead legs trying to get a result. It would have been easier for him to just kind of accept the way the season began for him and just keep collecting his wages but instead he's chosen to fight which is at least something. Then you have players like Bellerin who want to piss and moan about togetherness but can't be assed to do something as simple as stay engaged during a free kick.

OSBK

Established Member

I loved that guy and still do. I was annoyed when he left but its barca. When he was available i wouldve loved him back, but didnt wenger say he had Özil so couldnt fit cesc in. Imagine the football, cesc + santi + Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom