• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Tottenham | Sunday December 2, 2018 | 14:05 GMT | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 56 69.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Tottenham win

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • This is a fantastic match thread

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoGooner76

Really need some additions in January though. A centreback and a forward atleast.
Unfortunately, I believe that I remember reading a while back that we were most likely going to do very little in January's window. If I recall, Emery suggested giving Eddie a few looks to determine if he was ready to play a bigger role when needed as a result of Welbeck's injury.

I personally don't expect much activity until the summer.

TorontoGooner76

People in that thread actually trying to defend the banana thrower with one even claiming it may have been chucked hoping auba would slip on it as if it's mario video game.
Yesterday was the very first time that I have read another team's forum and it will probably be the last...lol.

What a vile and bitter bunch. Only a few were really able to say that we deserved the win. In defense of your quote though, I saw several people calling these weirdo's out and repeated that there is absolutely no place for that kind of behaviour. So really it was only a very small minority of Sp**s fans who laughed at the incident. Most of the others were rightfully disgusted from what I read.

Over here, I try to talk about my team, the mighty Arsenal and keep my comments about other teams' players and supporters to a minimum, as do many others on here. I saw a big difference in that regard when I was reading their 2 forums yesterday.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Just re-watched the game, the amount of times we showed a little bit of c*nt is amazing to see, missed parts during the game but re-watching its beautiful.

ptrcopp

People in that thread actually trying to defend the banana thrower with one even claiming it may have been chucked hoping auba would slip on it as if it's mario video game.

Most of those are in the minority’s, I think I only saw two separate posters among the three pages I read. They were just frequently posting the same nonesense.

I hadnt read that forum before, but it seems to be one of the better ones out of all of them. It’s limited viewing, but it seems far and above TFC

Mohamed7

Please I am desperate for Sky Sports Derby Day video covering pre match, half time, and post match for Arsenal game. I cannot wait to see Jamie Redknapp's reaction :lol:

Malky

Established Member
Please tell me someone has called out Paul Merson and Tim Sherwood ? Our lads made them look like bigger mugs than they already are!
Tim Sherwood especially may aswel retire from punditry after his " combined 11 with all Sp**s players because no Arsenal player is good enough " The ****ing braindead, cockwomble :lol::lol::lol:

gkoat

Anyone else notice Rambo is missing from the pic after the game? Love his ig post but don't want the chemistry to be off, even if he is professional about it. If anyone sees him celebrating elsewhere please post for my sanity...cant imagine him not being happy to see the club succeed

HBL

Established Member
Anyone else notice Rambo is missing from the pic after the game? Love his ig post but don't want the chemistry to be off, even if he is professional about it. If anyone sees him celebrating elsewhere please post for my sanity...cant imagine him not being happy to see the club succeed
There were at least 3 or 4 other players missing from that picture, you're making something out of nothing.

Furious.

The one with a period. Fake Furious v1
Despite the half-time score, Arsenal had a really good start to the game for once. I can't imagine that this was unrelated to the same starting 11 as the Bournemouth game. I'm glad that Emery is tactically flexible and unpredictable, and hats off to him for the proactive substitutions at half time, but he was correct to reward the team that did well at Bournemouth and give them another start.

I think that this is the best possible line up given what is available, so I disagree with all of the negativity. Given that Monreal is out and Lacazette is not yet fully fit, this lineup is ideal. This team played well against Bournemouth in their first game as a starting 11 last week. They earned a valuable away win and should be rewarded for that. This lineup has every player playing in a position that suits them - no square pegs in round holes. Mhki is much derided because his form hasn't been top recently and he's inconsistent. However, Mhki was involved in a lot of play against Bournemouth and wasn't hiding or anything like that. He's the most suited player available for the position in a wide right role in a 343/3421 formation and it's a good selection.

Without Özil, Ramsey or Auba on the left and with Kolasinac at LWB rather than LB, this is one of the most balanced 11s Emery has started with all season.

It is good to see Lacazette back and available on the bench. This is likely to be a tough game, but one that Arsenal are capable of winning if they play well.

The main issue I have with this squad is that Elneny seems to have been prefered to Emile Smith-Rowe, which seems strange with both Guendouzi and AMN on the bench.

It seems pretty clear that Emery is showing strength in dealings with Özil and appears ready to take action if Özil doesn't suit his squad. That is understandable given the lack of versatility and consistency of Özil, coupled with his high salary.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I watched back the second half (footballfullmatch) again just now and its even more impressive than I thought. I have never seen us press like a unit like we did yesterday, it looked like we had a few extra players out there, Tottenham didn’t know what hit them. I also kept rewinding the scuffles and man o man did we bully them. They tried to start stuff with Bellerin all the time and Sokratis and Kolasinac just came in and said why don’t you try that with me? Especially Kola honestly acted like a complete prick and I love it, they did not dare to touch him. Gone are the days where we would be bullied, we do the bullying now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom