• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Watford | September 29, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction for El Clasicajones

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Guess we're just more clinical......:eek:
We've just been really lucky thus far. We haven't really impressed. For instance, that Success shot that came of the upright would've been a goal last season.

At the end of the day though, we need some massive improvement going forward because we've looked really disjointed. Not to mention our defensive issues.

TheArsenalis

That's true, but what you're suggesting will only make the defensive duties harder than they already are.

If Emery should try to play both of them up front, I'd think that a 4-4-1-1 like Atletico plays, where Griezmann is slightly lower in order to feed or link up with Costa, could be implemented here as well. Laca can play the Griezmann role because he's better at linking up and would set up Auba easily for 1 vs 1 with the goalkeeper.

The downside is that we're nowhere near as discliplined to play like Atletico, so we'll continue with Auba out wide, but I find that it's not really a problem that he's deployed there.

It's got more to do with him being isolated and his team mates not playing him enough into space to make use of the pace he's so well known for. That and him needing to grow a pair and be more mean when pressing and having the ball at his feet.
That works because Costa can play lone striker. Excellent target man. The role your give lacazette he could play yes, but he is as well our best bet at a lone striker, he can hold up and bring in his partner. Auba don't like this rough and tumble.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
We've just been really lucky thus far. We haven't really impressed. For instance, that Success shot that came of the upright would've been a goal last season.

At the end of the day though, we need some massive improvement going forward because we've looked really disjointed. Not to mention our defensive issues.
Oh cheer up. You don't win 7 on the bounce without doing something right.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
That's true, but what you're suggesting will only make the defensive duties harder than they already are.

If Emery should try to play both of them up front, I'd think that a 4-4-1-1 like Atletico plays, where Griezmann is slightly lower in order to feed or link up with Costa, could be implemented here as well. Laca can play the Griezmann role because he's better at linking up and would set up Auba easily for 1 vs 1 with the goalkeeper.

The downside is that we're nowhere near as discliplined to play like Atletico, so we'll continue with Auba out wide, but I find that it's not really a problem that he's deployed there.

It's got more to do with him being isolated and his team mates not playing him enough into space to make use of the pace he's so well known for. That and him needing to grow a pair and be more mean when pressing and having the ball at his feet.
That's pretty close to what I have in mind and I think those adjustments can be made if Emery were willing to adapt a bit. We have two good strikers that compliment each other perfectly. 4-4-1-1/4-4-2/4-2-2-2 is just a starting basic structure. Given the nature of the players they'd find themselves in their required roles/positions during games as long as we play to their strengths.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Bro, just being cheeky. I'm seeing what's happening. Of course we need improvement but I think we are improving, gradually. Every game has been a struggle for us both up top & defensively.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We’ve had tons of flukey winning streaks over the past few years. Won’t start believing until we start winning convincingly. Performances can only get better, that’s the hope.
We've also had many streaks over the years when we couldn't win a raffle when playing badly - just saying.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I don't think the performance was that bad really.

DoRrF0OXUAg0TV0.jpg

This is a bad performance at the Emirates. Watford looked more dangerous than us for a long spell before we scored too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
[
DoRrF0OXUAg0TV0.jpg

This is a bad performance at the Emirates. Watford looked more dangerous than us for a long spell before we scored too.
Well it shows we more clinical this season but with the defence we got im not surprised

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Gave Cardiff that goal, that thing you did the other and now you're trolling.

I'll give you the first two, but I'm not trolling, just posting my opinion.. It might be rubbish or wrong(which I often am tbh), but it's what I genuinely think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom