• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v West Ham United | April 22, 2018 13:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
He didn't want to go. He would have rather stayed. But he's going. That's it. Anything else is pointless. What's the point of trying to reject it? The board certainly didn't want him to stay. It's a possibility he may have been considering leaving and the board thought it was time as well, that's a mutual decision. It's also a strong possibility the board encouraged him to leave. What is pretty certain is that Wenger wouldn't have put forward the idea of leaving at this stage and the board actually wanted him to stay.
Atleast something we partially agree on.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can I just be a bellend one more time and say WOW..... look how the team played knowing they won’t be carrying the burden of a manager under constant fire next season and the pressure that puts them under.

Am I doing the right?

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Can I just be a bellend one more time and say WOW..... look how the team played knowing they won’t be carrying the burden of a manager under constant fire and the pressure that puts them under.

Am I doing the right?
Considering the manager has always been the one to take the flack for them, I think you're doing the wrong.

IslingtonBornandbred

Can I just be a bellend one more time and say WOW..... look how the team played knowing they won’t be carrying the burden of a manager under constant fire next season and the pressure that puts them under.

Am I doing the right?

Atmosphere was like Highbury today. The energy in the ground reminded me of a day leading up to a league win or at one of the games after we won the league. So strange.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The players during that time saying these things (i.e. the Arsenal classy culture being a part of his era or how he revolutionalised the way the club was seen and handled) is not enough I guess.

Not a single person has posted anything factual to go against the clubs statement. That is a fact until something else directly contradicts it.

Dance around all you want with different people's opinions but a fact is a fact. And until stated otherwise by people who actually know something, Wenger left by his own decision. Anything after is pure speculation not factual in any way.
Wenger didn’t give Arsenal the classy image it has :lol:

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Nah, well you want facts. You are rejecting everything because it's not a fact. And yeah, a player coming out and saying a coach turned him into a great player isn't a fact. It's the opinion of the player. It's not a fact. I used that example especially because it's impossible to prove. So it will never be a fact. But now the banter of this little discussion about facts is that you think a player coming out and saying a coach turned him into a great player is a fact when it's not, it's an opinion. It's a fact they he thinks that, and it's a fact that he said that, but it's not a fact.

It's a fact that the majority of major media outlets think that Wenger was pushed out and those media outlets could be and are most likely basising their information on facts from sources/the club. Same way they reported "Arsenal players have crisis meeting to discuss bad result" every single bloody season and when the players were asked they said "yeah we did have a meeting, we sorted it out etc". In this scenario they know more than you probably think.

To be fair, I don't actually give a damn. I find it very strange that Wenger would leave right now off his own accord and make the decision now rather than after the EL because that's what he's always done in recent times and I personally think everything points to the fact the board encouraged him to step down, but it's irrelevant anyway.

It's a fact that I am going to have a shower and then grill some chicken on my BBQ on this lovely sunny evening in April. FACT.

How is it impossible to prove when there are stats that favour a manager's contribution to a players success. It's a fact that Pep significantly improved Man City, it is a fact that he coached his players up a level. It is a fact that Wenger turned a player who was a winger into a godly striker. Not an opinion as there is data to back that up.

Things being leaked to the press is rather different as in the cases you mentioned, the reports came before the players making such a statement. In this case, no one... Not a single outlet was aware of what was happening. So what they are saying now is speculation as they are not quoting any factual source. If they had a whiff of this news, we would have known about it somehow.

Enjoy your BBQ mate.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Atmosphere was like Highbury today. The energy in the ground reminded me of a day leading up to a league win or at one of the games after we won the league. So strange.
I can imagine. Only a lying fool would deny the fans also carried the burden. Must be like breathing pure oxygen in there now. I’m on the hunt for tickets now to breath some of that **** in :drool:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Good to hear, but not the impression you got watching on tv, atmosphere seemed poor for such an occasion.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Good thing Burnley dropped points today, imagine finishing seventh and having to play three rounds of EL qualifiers starting somewhere in July.

What a nightmare.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Good to hear, but not the impression you got watching on tv, atmosphere seemed poor for such an occasion.
I just spoke to someone else who went and they said while it wasn’t mental, there was an obvious feel good factor in and around the stadium, like Highbury had. The place felt more united.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nice spin......Keep pushing your pointless narrative. ;)
You can believe whatever you want. All I can say is that this paper isn't known for just conjuring news out of thin air.
A lot of evidence and common sense points to this being a respectful nudge from the board but if you don't want to believe that then fair enough
How is that pushing a narrative? Presenting your opinion but allowing others to believe what they want is pushing a narrative?

1. You on the other hand had your opinion that Wenger chose to walk but that wasn't enough, you started to come for those who believed otherwise.
Dude, give it a rest. It is a feckless controversy. If you want to keep harping on this, create a new thread.
If you want to stir up your made up controversy, open an other thread. Capiche?
If you can't give sources, you should GTFOH!
Very classy and respectful posting by the way.

2. Those people then provided you with a list of sources that backed their opinion. You wilfully ignored the reliable sources provided and chose to focus on the others.
Indeed....The Sun, Daily Mail, Mirror....all respectable papers. What a load of rubbish.
Just one example of the goal-post moving and wilful ignorance that's become a bit of trademark of yours.

3. @say yes presented his argument to you politely and respectfully. You having nothing to reply with resorted to being condescending and patronising.
Bless your hearts you both...... ;)

The above sequence sums you up as a poster. You called me transparent but do you think nobody's noticed that since the above events you've clearly aligned yourself in the "it doesn't matter how he left" camp?
True - it doesn't matter how he left but this wasn't your point of view from the start. You've only done this in response to overwhelming evidence against you rather than just humbly accepting that you might have been wrong. Talk about a lack of humility.

You're excessively condescending, patronising and rude when somebody disagrees with you and you're never willing to debate in good faith. Everyone has their moments but it's consistent from you. The above is just one piece of evidence that supports that.

Be better.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I've got two tickets to Burnley but prior engagements means I'll only be attend the first half.

So tempted to sell the tickets because of this but I feel like I'll regret it for a long time. Wenger's last ever game at the emirates.:(

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I just spoke to someone else who went and they said while it wasn’t mental, there was an obvious feel good factor in and around the stadium, like Highbury had. The place felt more united.

Going to be nice going into next season with a united fanbase with new excitement and optimism.. The board has to get the appointment right though or it will be short-lived :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom