• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Wolves | 26/12/03

JazzG

Established Member
siddharth said:
I don't know why wenger doesn't start with Edu ahead of parlour and Gilberto.He was simply outstanding.Tackling,fancy footwork ,vision and precise throughpasses he has it all.

Edu is a very good player but his problem in the past has been his consistancy, or lack of it! If he played as well as we know he would be in the team every week, the problem is he doesn't.

Anyone know why Gilberto was dropped? Hopefully Wenger has seen the light and realises he is crap and hopefully it is not an injury or being rested

It really doesn't matter how the goals are scored, all that counts is if we score them. Every goal that is scored you could point out a defensive mistake. I hear Wolves played deep with many players back, with our small pitch it is gonna be hard to break them down.

Henry really needed these goals to give himself a lift, also to get me some fantasy football points :D

Can anyone tell me how Vieira and Toure did today? Cheers

I watched most of the Chelsea match and Charlton deserved their 3 points. They closed them down so quickly and worked their ass off. Was really impressed with Matt Holland and Parker, both were superb.

Chelsea's 'rock solid' defense was rubbish today. Terry and Johnson were made fools of by DiCanio, who is the poster here who always sings their praises, always saying how great they are I wonder if he watched this match ;) Bridge looked very average and anyone wondering why we think Cole is better than him should of seen him today.

Lets see how Chelsea cope with their current situation, this is the time when you gotta get going and really get ready for the final push. Man utd and Arsenal always cope fine and do well in this part. Last season Chelsea were around us but fell away in January. Also last season we didn't do as well as we could of in the 2nd half of the season, but still finished with 78 points which has won us the title in previous seasons so we didn't do as bad as the media are making out.

Jinn

Established Member
Yay, great result. Pity Everton couldn't hold out the Mancs.

At the start of the season, I told everyone that Chelsea have it coming - and boy did they get it today. Hopefully these cracks appearing become larger, and Chelsea fall apart completely.

JazzG

Established Member
Arsenal right now also have the best defensive record in the league. We have conceded 12 and man utd have conceded 13 :D

A

Anonymous

well united have scored more.

and that my friend is going to win championships

if Henry gets injured , we are screwed.

siddharth

Goonergurjit said:
Interesting that Fergie's left RvN, Scholes and Giggs on the bench. Their taking Everton a bit lightly, aren't they?

This really shows that wenger has no confidence in our youngsters.Wenger knows that we struggle without pires,freddie and henry in particular and it is very very difficult for us without them.
I was really hoping for aliadiere to start with bergkamp. We could even have rested pires , freddie and played edu and lauren in their places.That could have really tested our strength and given henry,pires and freddie a much needed rest.

I hate to say but Hats off to Ferguson for his bold decision and belief in other young players.I totally agree with henry_14 regarding wenger's handling of our youngsters.If wenger can't give youngsters a start against teams like wolves forget about other teams.
I have read and heard about wenger making a mistake by selling Upson but imo It's Upson who made the right choice..........

JazzG

Established Member
henry_14 said:
well united have scored more.

and that my friend is going to win championships

Then why didn't it win us the premiership last season :roll:

siddharth said:
Goonergurjit said:
Interesting that Fergie's left RvN, Scholes and Giggs on the bench. Their taking Everton a bit lightly, aren't they?

This really shows that wenger has no confidence in our youngsters.Wenger knows that we struggle without pires,freddie and henry in particular and it is very very difficult for us without them.
I was really hoping for aliadiere to start with bergkamp. We could even have rested pires , freddie and played edu and lauren in their places.That could have really tested our strength and given henry,pires and freddie a much needed rest.

I hate to say but Hats off to Ferguson for his bold decision and belief in other young players.I totally agree with henry_14 regarding wenger's handling of our youngsters.If wenger can't give youngsters a start against teams like wolves forget about other teams.
I have read and heard about wenger making a mistake by selling Upson but imo It's Upson who made the right choice..........

I'm starting to think you are henry_14's long lost brother or something.

Why rest someone who isn't tired? Why rest players low on confidence? They had a whole ****ing week to rest do they need a month off or something?

Which youngsters did Fergie start today? Bellion + Ronaldo, that was it. Both players who they bought in the summer. Ronaldo is someone who has played quite abit at the top level, impressed in one or 2 games but very average in others. Wasn't all that today either. Bellion is rated so highly because he is french and has pace, wanna guess who is compared to?

Wenger made no mistake selling Upson. Upson was rated highly because he was english and that was it. I was upset at losing him as well. But when I saw him play for England and Birmingham against good players it becomes oh so very obvious that lad couldn't cut it at the top. I was furious at Wenger as well but now I know why we let him go, he wasn't good enough.

If Wenger has no confidence in our youth explain to me why Ali was given 20 mins today? Why Clichy started today? Why in the carling cup he has used many of them? What you don't understand is they aren't physically ready to play at the top level yet. Once they are they will be used.

A

Anonymous

;D and he got a bit of rough stuff! he took it in his pace, Imo i think he will make it.

JazzG

Established Member
That challenge on him by Rooney had me laughing my head off :D

Still is abit of a diver, one time this Everton player got the ball cleanly and he rolled around and it was so blatent he wasn't hurt. Hopefully he will grow out of those silly antics.......

A

Anonymous

yeah he got the ball but also got Ronnie! And that Fat W*nker Rooney saw Red and should have gotten RED.

satan_beckham

myth said:
Jazzg Ronaldo was Man of the Match?????????

comeon,he assisted 2 goals...dont keep saying he is a diver and thins like that,we all know his skills and he is only 18.Actually we could have thrash wolves but we didnt,players like ali and other youngsters really should have played....if our yonugsters can beat them in the carling cup 5-1,then why wenger have no faith to use them again?

Latest posts

Top Bottom