• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Wolves | Saturday, November 2 | 15:00 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
We'll see why Özil was taken off early at Anfield, i.e. was it possibly that Emery saw enough to determine he had made the grade to be saved for this one. Not advocating anything here, just an observation.

I'm not convinced with Torreira as CDM in the PL, but options are a bit limited. I would have liked to see the manager be a bit imaginative and move Luiz into CDM, with Holding taking his place in the backline, but that plan has been set back based on Holding's showing at Anfield. At the heart of a lot of these issues in CM, imo, is a club decision, to allow Guendouzi to develop as a 20 year old as a freewheeling CM instead of making him focus on excelling as a CDM. I think most elite managers would stamp their authority and hold him down at CDM. He's got good potential as a b2b, but I'm skeptical as to him getting up to a Ramsey level, let alone a Cazorla level. The manager should also consider Chambers for CDM, at least until there is opportunity to dip into the transfer market.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Bellerin over Chambers every day of the week.
At this stage I honestly can't see why people are saying this. His football is nowhere near where it was. Chambers has been very good. Another week on the bench for Hector I'd say..

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Feel a bit bad for Emery on this one as forced into staring Özil now but against Wolves 3-5-2? :confused:

Going to be congested central & wider have the Traore issue to track.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Feel a bit bad for Emery on this one as forced into staring Özil now but against Wolves 3-5-2? :confused:

Gonna need to have Bellerin on the pitch to catch up with the pace of Traore;)

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Think you're right, but thats more the line up i think we will se. Could swap Willock or Guendo for Özil or Dani Danie...Ceballos. We need to start play Torreira.

I agreed with Torreira we should play him as our holding midfielder with Ceballos and Özil make the midfield trio complete. there is no need to play Guendouzi against Wolves cause they will defend deep think it might be a good decision to play Torreira-Ceballos-Özil trio to feed the players upfront.

Ceballos can play the so called Cazorla role just give him some matches there thats all i ask for.

We'll see why Özil was taken off early at Anfield, i.e. was it possibly that Emery saw enough to determine he had made the grade to be saved for this one. Not advocating anything here, just an observation.

I'm not convinced with Torreira as CDM in the PL, but options are a bit limited. I would have liked to see the manager be a bit imaginative and move Luiz into CDM, with Holding taking his place in the backline, but that plan has been set back based on Holding's showing at Anfield. At the heart of a lot of these issues in CM, imo, is a club decision, to allow Guendouzi to develop as a 20 year old as a freewheeling CM instead of making him focus on excelling as a CDM. I think most elite managers would stamp their authority and hold him down at CDM. He's got good potential as a b2b, but I'm skeptical as to him getting up to a Ramsey level, let alone a Cazorla level. The manager should also consider Chambers for CDM, at least until there is opportunity to dip into the transfer market.
Agree re Holding, personally been crying out for him to come back but Wednesday has put the spanner in those works. Despite your reservations re Torreira I personally feel he is a better defensive midfielder than Xhaka ever will be. You mention Chambers in CDM, this is where he played for Fulham last season and was probably their best player. But to get either him or Luiz in DM, requires the right back position to be covered as Mustafi is clearly not an option in the middle of the defence and as said before neither is Holding although it bears mention that he was a fixture in the back 4 during the unbeaten run last season. Things went tits up when he was injured.
I'd go with Chambers or Bellerin (unlikely) Sokratis or Chambers, Luiz, Tierney, Torreira, Guenduezi, Özil (or Ceballos) Laca, Auba, Pepe. Subs must include Martinelli, Saka, Willock, Özil or Ceballos (whichever doesn't start). Until we have some leaders/ players with some backbone/bollocks, who won't go to pieces at the mere suggestion of adversity, we will struggle. Personally I intensely dislike the ponsing about passing around at the back, slows the play down an invites pressure, plus I dont believe we're any good at it. I was firmly in the Wenger out camp, in fact I thought we were 5 years too late, but for me Emery is most definitely not the answer. Can see this as another struggle, we were lucky to get a point in this fixture last season.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

He isn't forced to play anyone. What he is EXPECTED to do is make us competitive against a side like wolves. He's persisted with certain players when he shouldn't have and frozen Özil out in the process. That is why he is getting slack.
People are fine if Özil is not played/started every game as long as we set up accordingly for each fixture.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
I agreed with Torreira we should play him as our holding midfielder with Ceballos and Özil make the midfield trio complete. there is no need to play Guendouzi against Wolves cause they will defend deep think it might be a good decision to play Torreira-Ceballos-Özil trio to feed the players upfront.

Ceballos can play the so called Cazorla role just give him some matches there thats all i ask for.
Guendouzi is our only midfielder who's shown any consistent quality this season. Besides he can do everything Ceballos can do and at the moment he does it better. Against deep defences vs Villa and Vitoria he won us the free-kicks from which we scored by running at the defence. Would be madness to drop him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Martinelli Auba Pepe
Mesoot
Ceballos Guendouzi
KT RH DL CC
Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom