• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Wolves | Sunday, November 29 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Poor Jiminez, that head collision was sickening to hear. I really hope he recovers okay. I find it hard to see how he will be able to continue his playing career though.

Physically recovering from a fractured skull is one thing, you're probably going to psychologically struggle putting your head about after an injury like that though. Cech was never the same after his skull fracture and a striker is much more reliant on using their head than a goalkeeper.

I think it's unfair to level the Luiz decision on Arteta. It's the medical staff that decide whether Luiz has passed the necessary protocols to continue or not.
Agree it wasn't 100% Arteta's fault but he should have taken Luiz off and had him checked in hospital regardless. The damage suffered by Jimenez showed, if nothing else, this needed to be taken seriously and the manager has responsibility for his players as well as the medical staff.

Feel very sorry for Jimenez and hope he will recover and play again. Cech carried on playing but a keeper rarely has to head the ball and I remember reading somewhwre at the time of his return that the doctors had basically told him another big blow could basically kill him.

baccy_man

Established Member
I read that Luiz, needed 7 stitches to the cut on his head surely if you need that many stitches you should have been taken off the pitch because of the chances that the player is going to suffer from concussion,
He may not have felt the effects of concussion straight away but it can have a delayed reaction and needs keeping an eye,
I also read that Luiz, was allowed to drive home after the game it would have been safer if someone had driven him home.

ArtetaOut

kek.png

:lol:

zilfy

He may not have felt the effects of concussion straight away but it can have a delayed reaction and needs keeping an eye,
Yeah those delayed reactions are dangerous.
I crashed my bike in the first week of high school. A few people checked I was okay, which I was seemingly. I got back on my bike and then after about 5 mins I dont remember anything for about 2-3 hours.
A prefect found me wandering round the park looking for my back pack, which happened to be on my back :D

frankgm

Just told Sky & BT, after hearing the commentary guy on BT actually tell Gary Neville, after *****ing about Arsenal (something he never does when it comes to Manchester United see no evil, hear no evil speak no evil) let’s move on we don’t want viewers to turn off the sound......
I’m having to turn off the volume every time they show an Arsenal game. Pepe this, Özil this, sacking staff this....on and on. Instead of turning off the sound, I’ve cancelled Sky and BT subscriptions, in protest.
To add insult to injury, Arteta says he doesn’t care about his future? No one is bigger than the Club?

It’s not as if Arteta hasn’t the players who can score goals? So what is the problem?
If Arsenal win the World Cup.......I couldn’t careless. I done with Arteta & Arsenal.

baccy_man

Established Member
Yeah those delayed reactions are dangerous.
I crashed my bike in the first week of high school. A few people checked I was okay, which I was seemingly. I got back on my bike and then after about 5 mins I dont remember anything for about 2-3 hours.
A prefect found me wandering round the park looking for my back pack, which happened to be on my back :D
When i was younger i had a fall backwards and split the back of my head open, I needed stitches and it was later that evening when i felt sick and dizzy from concussion i was lucky that it only affected me for one night.

frankgm

Just watched the Fulham vs Leicester game. Not two minutes into the game, they’ve mentioned Arsenal. Seems they have to mention Arsenal, no matter how tenuous the link!

Bought some nice fish and chip for supper, they’ve wrapped the fish and chips in yesterday’s newspaper.....Arsenal have sacked 55 members of staff was the headline on the chip rapping paper ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom