<

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa |Sunday 22nd September | KO 16:30 | Not Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

Does it matter? He makes no sense anyway.

Gooner416, Gooner Zig, MLK79 and 5 others like this.
  2. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Still think Emery’s system is trash though.

MLK79 and DanDare like this.
  3. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

Arsenal boss Unai Emery, speaking to BBC MOTD: "90 minutes a lot of things happened. When it was 11 v 11 we didn't control the match how we wanted because we lost a lot of balls in the middle and gave them chances in the transition. When we could attack and get the ball in the box we weren't bad really. We were also creating chances to score. After the goal we could be calm and improve and the red card changed the idea. For the second half we needed to play first with the head but also with our heart. We needed supporters pushing us and us to take some risks. The team spirit was amazing. We need to continue working and improving things.

"Aston Villa is a good team and an organised team. After this I hope we can improve and be strong. Together with the supporters we will be strong for the matches and hopefully improve.

"It is out challenge to improve defensively. They didn't have a lot of chances to score."

4. Debre-Zeyit

Debre-Zeyit Active Member

How do we cure our defence???

5. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Good lord. Shut the man up! He's embarrassing.

Gooner416, Gooner Zig, MLK79 and 3 others like this.
  6. iamdaguy

iamdaguy Well-Known Member

Yeah. Unfortunately, I am stuck with them down here. Even BBC would have been a better choice. Crap pundits. Beyond belief.

Some matches we had Mou and AW and it was so refreshing going away from the BS to actual analytics of the game.

7. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

But score they did!

8. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

have to hand it to him. he's quite creative with his excuse.

:)

GDeep™ likes this.
  9. lamby22

lamby22 It's Not Lupus

Huh? They are ****e and will probably be relegated. They can't be that organised either if they were 2-1 up and playing against 10 men only to lose 3-2.

MLK79 likes this.
  10. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Holy ****ing crap, I am usually one of the fans with infinite unjustified believe but really switched off at half-time to not get depressed.

What a nice surprise for once, have to say I really only care for the result right now as I believe in this squad and I've seen what they are capable of. They just tend to switch back to a weak mindset way too often.

11. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Honestly think this is better than just a routine comfortable win since it should boost the team morale considerably after some disappointing results.

Trilly, tap-in and Fewtch like this.
  12. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

This is default sentence of Unai Emery this season.

Rimaal, al-Ustaadh, MLK79 and 3 others like this.
  13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Emery say even if Niles wasn't sent off he would've taken him off at HT

Iceman10 likes this.
  14. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Great fightback, team and coaching staff deserve credit for not giving up with 10 men. Hopefully this can kick-fire us into getting a string of wins together.

Giroud12, Trilly, Jury and 1 other person like this.
  15. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Watched the highlights again. We produced quite some good chances in the 2nd half. Chambers was a big addition. Added a goal and had some fire. Guendouzi was epic in the 2nd half. Thought he had scored when his shot bounced of the post and into the back of the keeper. Even watching the highlights I thought it again...

16. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Yeah but I don't understand how you can seek to control a match, but yet play set up so badly especially in midfield; there is a huge gap between our attack and defense, every single time Villa broke on us in the first half the completely marched through our midfield. Anyway..

Geofranco and Pepes blue pill like this.
  17. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

That final sentence is so concerning

18. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

While I don't expect him to publicly criticise players, I get the feeling he still can't see the wood for the trees.

Rimaal likes this.
  19. ASIF

ASIF Well-Known Member

Someday Arsenal is going to give me a heart attack.Emery ball is shiit.We completely bossed the game the moment that Snail Xhaka was substituted.Its not that hard to see why cant Emery see it.The team showed some heart today.And the best form of defence is attack. We pushed them back and Douzi was running the show.Aubameyang saved us again.That man is not appreciated enough without him we would be on 5 points.Pepe got of the mark but Aubameyang should be our Penalty taker from now onwards.Wish Bellerin and Tierney are back for Old Trafford want to beat them soo bad.

#254 likes this.
  20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Also emery said Auba make decision to give pepe the penalty. Great from auba it was vital moment he could have easily took it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.