• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa |Sunday 22nd September | KO 16:30 | Not Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Honestly think this is better than just a routine comfortable win since it should boost the team morale considerably after some disappointing results.

Yep and if Emery realises Xhaka & Douzi doesn't work then so much the better. Also Chambers at RB rather than keep playing a midfielder there could be another lesson he learnt today.

Axel9090

If Emery ends up in top 4, we should honour the contract and keep him for one more but id rather not keep him beyond that, if there are better managers out there like Allegri for example.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think this game showed we need more bite and legs in midfield. When we went down to ten men and were less comfortable (as well as taking off Xhaka) we played much better.

Willock has been our best midfielder this season, why isn’t Emery starting him ffs. Drop Xhaka for Torreira and play a 433. Let’s be more dynamic from now on.

If emery doesn’t realise our issues in midfield and how to resolve them, it’s gonna cost him his job tbh.

remains

Shambolic up until the subs then we really raised the tempo. A very satisfying win in the end but bittersweet. So easily could have been another’s missed opportunity to gain ground on our rivals.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Arsenal boss Unai Emery, speaking to BBC MOTD: "90 minutes a lot of things happened. When it was 11 v 11 we didn't control the match how we wanted because we lost a lot of balls in the middle and gave them chances in the transition. When we could attack and get the ball in the box we weren't bad really. We were also creating chances to score. After the goal we could be calm and improve and the red card changed the idea. For the second half we needed to play first with the head but also with our heart. We needed supporters pushing us and us to take some risks. The team spirit was amazing. We need to continue working and improving things.

"Aston Villa is a good team and an organised team. After this I hope we can improve and be strong. Together with the supporters we will be strong for the matches and hopefully improve.

"It is out challenge to improve defensively. They didn't have a lot of chances to score."
I believed Emery to be a liar but hes also an idiot. Xhaka fans say he has to play because we don't control the midfield without him. From the manager's own mouth, we don't control anything. So what's the point of playing him. Winery liked physical players and as we have no controller, just play those who can move themselves and the ball quickly and do something to interrupt any counters. No need for Xhaka except to rest Guendouzi. We play Willock, Torreira and Guendouzi with Özil and Ceballos when the opponent allows. It's also annoying how he keeps on about needing the fans. Give us something to cheer about and we will! After that, he waffles on spouting a load of crap. He should use an interpreter or keep quiet.

I wish we somehow find a way to be be positive for the whole match the way we have been today in the second half. We have already made **** too hard for ourselves 4 times this season and have only come out with 5 points out of a total of 12! A proper start to all those games nicks you draw or a slight loss at Liverpool, a win vs Sp**s and a thumping to Watford and Villa. I am saying this because we were so lucky with the win today especially with that magnificent freekick. On another day with a slightly better team, we lose the match.

We need to approach all games with positivity and attack teams like that. That way we would sure scare the opposition like Villa were today. This is the kind of team we used to thump 3,4,5 nil. I can guarantee that a start like what we just did in the 70th minute obliterates Villa like in the past.

Anyways its a day to be positive. What a touch and goal from Chambers. He was sure guilty for their second but completely redeemed himself.
And how about Guendouzi! Top class second half performance. I didn't know he had it in his locker to dribble forward like Ramsey used to do! Was also gulty for his zero awareness for McGinns goal but credit to him to hold his head high and play like that. If he becomes consistent he becomes a 100m worth player easily in a year or two. A performance overshadowing Pogba's and a win in the trip to OT would be the icing on the cake for us and himself.

Sorry for the long post, I am buzzing right now. Nearly twisted my ankle while celebrating the third. Goodnight to all gunners.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Not only did I almost have a heart attack but so did the GF cuz when Auba scored that free kick I went mental. For the love of God Arsenal - get it together and please beat United at Old Trash Dump!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I believed Emery to be a liar but hes also an idiot. Xhaka fans say he has to play because we don't control the midfield without him. From the manager's own mouth, we don't control anything. So what's the point of playing him. Winery liked physical players and as we have no controller, just play those who can move themselves and the ball quickly and do something to interrupt any counters. No need for Xhaka except to rest Guendouzi. We play Willock, Torreira and Guendouzi with Özil and Ceballos when the opponent allows. It's also annoying how he keeps on about needing the fans. Give us something to cheer about and we will! After that, he waffles on spouting a load of crap. He should use an interpreter or keep quiet.

Athleticism and mobility are prerequisites for a midfielder in this league. Emery will get himself sacked if he doesn't learn this quickly.

These claims that Xhaka's our best midfielder on the basis of some bollocks like "progressing play" or "keeping us ticking" are slothful induction fallacies. He's a poor fit for high-intensity football.

A number 6 with an inability to press effectively, circumvent one or recover quickly, hugely devitalises both attack and defence.

Disclaimer: It's not solely his fault.

Axel9090

I was alluding to your first sentence. If we make top four it’ll likely be because of the teams around us failing.
Okay my bad. I mean yeh I suppose it would be because other teams are poor as things stand but it also might not be, it might be a close ending. He'd have completed his objective at least.

First season was a pass but this is the one where he must get top 4. I think this is how the club will go about it and I wouldnt object. On top of that, the team needs a few more signings.

Black240

It's a long time since I've posted, but today's match made me feel the need to vent.

3-2 papers over an awful lot of cracks.

We were once a team renowned for our defence. We were then renowned for an embarrassment of creative and aggressive riches in midfield. WTF has happened?

In the premiership, we've just scraped a win against a crap side that are in the bottom three, that after scraping a draw against the bottom club in the league. Furthermore, and despite the scoreline, our win in the Europa League was far from convincing too.

A midfield that has been graced by fabregas, viera, bergkamp, petit, carzorla etc now has Xhaka in it. How? He may be able to ping the occasional long ball, but he cannot tackle or provide any protection whatsoever for the back four. He is slow, ungainly and looks awkward and gives the ball and free-kicks away at an alarming rate. I'm pretty sure that if you google the word 'liability' you'll get a picture of Granit Xhaka. Yet he is a nailed-on starter. I think he would just about get a place in my local pub team.

Hopefully, when Holding, Bellerin and Tierney are playing we'll improve at the back, but we also need to do something about the midfield.

Black240

Athleticism and mobility are prerequisites for a midfielder in this league. Emery will get himself sacked if he doesn't learn this quickly.

These claims that Xhaka's our best midfielder on the basis of some bollocks like "progressing play" or "keeping us ticking" are slothful induction fallacies. He's a poor fit for high-intensity football.

A number 6 with an inability to press effectively, circumvent one or recover quickly, hugely devitalises both attack and defence.

Disclaimer: It's not solely his fault.
This

Kav

Established Member
It's a long time since I've posted, but today's match made me feel the need to vent.

3-2 papers over an awful lot of cracks.

We were once a team renowned for our defence. We were then renowned for an embarrassment of creative and aggressive riches in midfield. WTF has happened?

In the premiership, we've just scraped a win against a crap side that are in the bottom three, that after scraping a draw against the bottom club in the league. Furthermore, and despite the scoreline, our win in the Europa League was far from convincing too.

A midfield that has been graced by fabregas, viera, bergkamp, petit, carzorla etc now has Xhaka in it. How? He may be able to ping the occasional long ball, but he cannot tackle or provide any protection whatsoever for the back four. He is slow, ungainly and looks awkward and gives the ball and free-kicks away at an alarming rate. I'm pretty sure that if you google the word 'liability' you'll get a picture of Granit Xhaka. Yet he is a nailed-on starter. I think he would just about get a place in my local pub team.

Hopefully, when Holding, Bellerin and Tierney are playing we'll improve at the back, but we also need to do something about the midfield.
Bench Granit and Play Özil when he's on form. Give Willock, torreira, Matteo and Ceballos game time along with maybe moving David Luiz to midfield might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom