PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa |Sunday 22nd September | KO 16:30 | Not Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

It hit his shoulder, VAR checked it as well. Not even a debate.

black187 likes this.
  2. dbig

dbig Active Member

Good win. Come from behind with 10 men should lift the spirits. Hope Emery goes forward from here and starts selecting a better team from the start instead of stubbornly choosing the same combinations again.

3. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Nah mate, he leaned into it and at best it was a grey area where shoulder meets arm....but who the hell cares anyway? 3 pts is all good

So far this season in the Prem its also transpired that VAR is not the gold seal of authenticity we imagined it to be :lol:

redanddread likes this.
  4. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

The fans in the stand aren't blind. They can see the same **** we are seeing on the telly. I was more than happy when he came off. Can't stand him anymore.

5. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

I would play him in the middle with Guendouzi and Cabellos flanking him in a 433. Think we would be miles better than with Xhaka in there.

Red London likes this.
  6. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Regardless, Villa have no right to complain given that the ref gifted them a man extra for half the game.

7. Raicore

Raicore Member

We'll have a strong chance to get top 4 if Emery has the balls to drop his underperforming favourites.. The team with 10 men played better than 11 men ffs..

8. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

I wonder how long it's going to take Emery to realise how much better we played when Xhaka got taken off? Guendouzi then took the lead in the midfield & took control, played so well after Xhaka went off. We showed a lot of fight & determination with team spirit to come back from a goal down plus a man down.

When I saw Pepe take the penalty I was wondering if he was going to be the main penalty taker but I heard it was Aubas choice to give it to him, get his first goal & a bit of confidence then hopefully, I thought that was rather good of Auba especially in an important part of the game.

Lets see if this will bring new fight to the team now.

9. Aussie_gunner123

I wonder if that win shows that attack is our best form of defence now haha.

10. Raicore

Raicore Member

Auba did it last season to Laca..hopefully with yesterdays selfless gesture..Pepe gets his confidence back and score loads of goals now..:bounce:

Aussie_gunner123 likes this.
  11. Aussie_gunner123

Auba is obviously a good team player, he cares for the club & players confidence I think.

12. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

I love these videos so much :lol::lol::lol:

samshere and CaseUteinberger like this.
  13. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

David Luiz makes a hash of his clearance but look at Sokratis defending. Gets beaten for pace despite standing off by about 5 yards. Might as well stick a cone in there.

albakos likes this.
  14. Steps

Steps Well-Known Member

This team is gonna put me into an early grave.

DSmich and samshere like this.
  15. zhaggy

zhaggy Active Member

Arsenal fans count years same as one does with dogs.. i`m probaby close to 130.

16. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I agree Moss made some bad calls but the person making the horrible decision in that situation is AMN, who should know damn well that a challenge like that can easily see a second yellow. We're reckless and immature all over the park at the moment. Far too many silly cards yesterday from Sokratis, Xhaka (Whats new), Guendouzi, AMN.. We have a serious discipline problem right now.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  17. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

You're not in the squad so we couldn't care less

18. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Arsenal should start offering health insurance with their memberships. They'll be able to buy messi off the money they make.

Steps likes this.
  19. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I agree except Willock has shown more than Ceballos now. Willock should be used in tougher games imo, at least until Ceballos gets to grip with the league and the system faster

Big Poppa likes this.
  20. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

Imagine the neutrals watching that match. 5* entertainment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.