• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Blackburn Rovers | 25/08/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

algunner

on the match today It looks like this form will keep us going and going and going. I heard that the next big team is manutd on the list. I can't wait for that day ..... we are inviscible this season there is something special about this season am feeling it here ..... in my bones .......

ozgooner

ozgooner said:
i have looked into my crystal balls and the prediction that they came up with is arse 2-0 with th14 & cesc scoring his 1st premiership goal. :D :D :D 8)

i must clean my balls! :p they were right but didnt show reyes goal must of been a mark on them where it showed that :D :D

orion

Good result, Blackburn digged in in the first half and for long periods we looked very ordinary, but in the second, specially after the first goal there was only one team in it and we could have easily scored even a couple more.

Fabregas made an impression again, the goal was a bit lucky as Gilberto's header was all ready going in, but he'd been close twice earlier, first time shooting just wide from a good position and second timed Pires blocked his shot that was going in so I reckon he deserved it.

Pennatt was strugling to get into the game, but Henry tried to help him by picking him up with a few nice passes, but over all there's a lot of work left for him to make his precence felt.

Henry was immense and at the heart of every move we had in attack with Pires also looking lively in the second half. It was a great moment when Henry made a sitter for Reyes, who'd been on for just 2 minutes, to score 3-0, their partnership will just be getting better with one assisting the other.

So, on top with 3 wins and 12 goals scored after some very stylish footie, can be no complaints.

tbbosa

jeromelee said:
Nawoo said:
how did Cygan perform tonight?

Was caught out of position a few times as usual.

That is pathetic now!!! He was among the best players on the pitch, him and Toure and Lehman (Remember I have been the biggest critic).
did so well. its like they knew we wanted a clean sheet.
Some people are really biased.....no constructive criticism???

Back to the game, I just watched this time in awee..unusual for me not to be jumping around..I was so calm, just watching history unfold, lest I miss what I will be telling my grand children :D

I am so proud of the Gunners!!

tbbosa

Sol said:
Scottish Lass said:
USArsenal said:
er,, Lass, anything you want to share with us?? LOL

(please?) hehe

i think the terms in use are masterbation and oral sex :D *watches this thread get locked *

The thought of that has just made a ****ty day a hell of a lot better :wink:

I have a riot in the trousers ...damn you Scottish Lass!! :D

beanz

Yeah, I think the plaudits should go to the WHOLE team and not just the playmakers and scorers, well done, brilliant, the best part was when someone in the North bank started up the Fabregas song, to the tune of Vieira whoa oh, Fabregas, whoa oh, he's only seventeen, he's better than Roy Keane, everyone roared with laughter and took up the song.
Even had people on the underground congratulating us on the record :mrgreen:

jeromelee

tbbosa said:
jeromelee said:
Nawoo said:

That is pathetic now!!! He was among the best players on the pitch, him and Toure and Lehman (Remember I have been the biggest critic).

Back to the game, I just watched this time in awee..unusual for me not to be jumping around..I was so calm, just watching history unfold, lest I miss what I will be telling my grand children :D

Hahha okay okay....cheer him on if you like him. It's fine with me. I still think he looks lost. But that's just my views.

jeromelee

tbbosa said:
jeromelee said:
Nawoo said:

Hahha okay okay....cheer him on if you like him. It's fine with me. I still think he looks lost. But that's just my views.

jeromelee

Hey there's something wrong with either my pc or arsenal-mania today. Happened to me twice already today where I put up 1 post and 2 came up.

Hey mods, don't think I'm trying to just bump up my post yah :lol:

lorenzo

just wondering, but did lehman and henry have an argument at the end of the game (after they did there group huddle thing??)... thought i saw it on MOTD but they cut away the cameras before i could get a proper looK? did anyone at the game see that??

tbbosa

lorenzo said:
just wondering, but did lehman and henry have an argument at the end of the game (after they did there group huddle thing??)... thought i saw it on MOTD but they cut away the cameras before i could get a proper looK? did anyone at the game see that??

I don;t think it was an argument from what I saw...it was more like discussing what needs to be improved and probably already thinking of the next match!!

Don't think too much into situations, players do these things all the time!!!

johe

lorenzo said:

Nah, they were just talking about the game I should think. It didn't look like they were arguing anyway.

Great show in the second half, could have scored many more goals at the end.

Bergkamp's pass for Henry's goal was.. I mean who else than the great Dennis Bergkamp can hit a pass like that? Perfect to the limit of perfection, it basically landed on Henry's boot at pace. Fantastic pass. However, not all of Bergkamp's passes yesterday were as good as that one. He mishit several passes in the first half, and I really had to check twice if it really was Dennis, but luckily he came good in the second half along with the rest of our team.

Henry's best performance so far, and the calmness he showed when setting up Reyes for the shot was out of this world. So many players would have panicked a shot there, but he waited out his man and let him slide by him, then picked out the exact moment to hand it over to El Rey. Man of the match in my opinion.

Pires is really in great form, and he was running past opponents like the Pires of old. He really screwed Lucas Neill right over a few times.

Our defence looked a wee bit dodgy at the first couple of Blackburn corners, but they finally got themselves together in the second half.

Roll on (over) Norwich! When Chelsea finally draw or lose, we will be clearly in front. At the rate they have played so far they don't look all that threatening to. I'm not underestimating them however, and I think they will go very far in Europe.

Arnie

i said 3-0 but didn't name scorers.

a good show and just for the record a clean sheet!!. But more importantly, 12 goals in 3 games and 15 goals in 4 games.

When we won games one nil i loved this club, now we win at a ratio of 4 goals a game so even tho i thought it impossible, i love it even more!!

bobbypires

Established Member
My thoughts.

Arsenal started really well in first 5 minutes, but then Blackburn started positioning correctly and caused us some problems. 2 great saves by Lehmann were enough.
2nd half. Typical Arsenal. We made 3, but we could score 6 or 7.

Players who impressed me much.
Lehmann. He did 2 great saves, but in the second half he didn't have work.
Lauren. Great performance again. He knew when he could go forward and when he had to stay in defence.
Cygan. Best defender last night. Solid.
Cesc. What can I say that you haven't already said? He's only 17 and he dominates Arsenal's midfield.
Pennant. He were 10 times better in the second half. He wanted the ball and made someinteresting things.
Pires. With a goal his performance would have been perfect. He improved as the game went on.
Henry. I can't imagine Titi at 100%. His unselfishness is one of his best qualities. Shows how great he is.
Special mention to Dennis Bergkamp pass to Henry in the first goal. Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom