• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Bolton Wanderers | 18/09/04

tbbosa

Am not upset with players this time. But with all the c**ts who hold season tickects and can't sing for their life. If you know you were at Highbury yesterday and were just quite
like a corpse, then you are a smelly ****!! :( you are an embarassment to Arsenal!!!
The place was so quite, you could hear players shout on TV..... :(

Why can't the Arsenal fans sing FFS!! Why don't people Create an atmosphere...moreover at home?

The team needed support thats all and we could have won it!

How long are we going to blame players? Where is our input?
If we want to win things we have got to start singing!"!!!!!

May be when selling tickets Arsenal should consider people who can sing first.

:( :( :( :( :(

gunner in dubai

Vieira's return did not help us much, we were outstanding till he returned to the side! struggled against Fulham, hardly won against PSV, and now this, i hope this decrease in form does not continue or else what is next after a draw!!??? Cygan is not worthy of an Arsenal shirt, he is a disgrace, he seems to just lacks concentraction in the most vital moment and BANG! we were hit hard yesterday and it should be a wake-up call, I agree that Tore is also not in his best when not partnered with Sol, Pls. bring back SOL NOW !!! :x :cry:

Gurgen

Established Member
tbhosa, you're 100% right. It must feel horrible for the players to play through all those spells of silence I noticed yesterday.

Btw. I'm convinced now that we need to replace Lehmann. He was good maybe vs. Fulham, but the man just keeps ****ing up doesn't he. Now don't tell me all keepers make mistakes, because Jens makes hell of a lot more than an Arsenal keeper should. I even agreed with Racist Schmeichel in MOTD yesterday, one of those mistakes is going to cost us the CL again. I say go for a new keeper in the January transfer window.

gunner in dubai

I still think Jens is good enough, however, the defence needs strengthening, a decent central defender is a must and Cygan must be shown the door.

Gurgen

Established Member
Some of the people here still insist on defending him when he is just an accident waiting to happen.

Aussie

Established Member
He can not perform consistantly. Whats the bet if he has a solid next game people will be starting threads on how good he is again.

arghhhh

Jens jens jens jens jens .................. i dont understand why he just watched how the ball roll into the net ...... a disappointed day for him

lodi

Aussie said:
He can not perform consistantly. Whats the bet if he has a solid next game people will be starting threads on how good he is again.

yep,thats the case with some other players like Gilberto for example..you`ve got to look at the whole season to judge a player, not a single game or two..and if you do that most people will probably agree that Jens is a pretty good keeper.
With that being said i can safely say that i think Cygan is a liability and should be sold.

juz7_pi12es

if we play tonight or tomorrow, with extra rest, the result would be different.

btw, take the positive thing out of this game, we are now realize that our weakness are a bit exposed through set pieces and now we must quickly fix the problem. it's never too late yet. sol will be back and our defence will be as strong as last season again.

46 games. still counting.

KoLo28

Well I CBF backing up Cygan, because i'm bored of the whole arguement. I thought he played very good. As for the game was pretty dissapointed with the result, i thought vieira had a good game as did henry and ljungberg. lauren was also impressive. i ****ing hate bolton with a passion, but they deserve some credit for a good performance, we were beaten in the air in defence, but our unbeaten run goes on.

omega man

16 out of a possible 18 points, cant ask for better. Bolton
are in 3rd place and look good so a draw really was a good result
and i for one would have taken that before the game. Cygan
is just not up to it, yes he is strong but he has very poor ball
control and vision and he stands out as the weak link every time
he plays. Jens was very dodgy looking and i agree with an earlier
comment that since vieira's return our shape has changed, perhaps
more of a defensive than attacking central midfield. It could be
just a coincidence and obviously you couldn't leave vieira out if
that was the case so whats the right balance?

Kyla

Jens is too inconsistent, we desperatley need another goalkeeper, Robert Green perhaps?

I worry though because although Jens has never lost a premiership game, in the CL his mistakes will not go unpunished.

As for Cygan, he simply is not good enough!

patrick42uk

Established Member
from the sky highlights, cygan actually looked pretty good. espcially the first half, made some good interceptions and good tackles. i dont think he can blamed for the second goal to be honest. pedersen's first touch was incredible and that in itself gave cygan no chance of stopping him. toure lost the header too easily to ferdinand IMO and lauren gave away a stupid freekick. lehmann's attempt at saving pedersen's shot looked pathetic, but pedersen took that shot so early which usually takes most keepers by surprise making it difficult to save.

Latest posts

Top Bottom