• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
IMO you can't drop Willock after that performance, he was our best player in the first half. He should be starting the game vs Liverpool and Sp**s.

We can look to properly integrate Ceballos + Torreira after the international break. Ceballos won't be ready for our big games in time, and Torreira won't be fit enough.

The only player we should be looking to get into the side ASAP is Pepe. Start him against Burnley and take him off at 60 if required. That way he could at least start in one of our tough games before the break. We need him on the counter for these games, its why we bought him.

The international break is a month away. Torreira only had a short break, no reason to think he would need that long to get fit.

As for Ceballos, yes we don't know how he will handle the big games but only one way to find out. We need his creativity from midfield otherwise we will become too predictable.

Agree with Willock, he showed enough in the last game to start again. I have a feeling though Emery will select Torreira instead.

Leno
AMN-Sok-Luiz-Nacho
Torreira-Xhaka
Ceballos
Pepe-Laca-Auba

nicky47

Established Member
Don't want to get my hopes up, but really hoping for a good performance here. Would be great to see some exciting football for a change!

Iceman10

Established Member
Chambers did well at St James' Park and in preseason, but questions linger about whether he has ability as a CB to face top 6 teams, as in the two fixtures after this one. He probably is going to continue getting starts at CB until he comes up short, maybe he will pleasantly exceed expectations. Regardless, Luiz should get the start so he is ready as an option for Liverpool. I would go with Luiz-Sokratis for this one, but I think the manager's selection will be Luiz-Chambers.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Its hard to predict the lineup for this game tbh because we dont really know the fitness levels of so many players. I'm hoping Pepe and Lacazette both start and are our only changes, its not good to change too much.

We could try out a new mid in Torreira or Ceballos but our entire midfield performed well vs Newcastle? Would be unfair to drop someone in the lead up to our big games.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Chambers did well at St James' Park and in preseason, but questions linger about whether he has ability as a CB to face top 6 teams, as in the two fixtures after this one. He probably is going to continue getting starts at CB until he comes up short, maybe he will pleasantly exceed expectations.
Yeh it's unfair we face Liverpool away so early, before we know what our defensive partnership even is.

But on the flip side Liverpool's scoreline was deceiving, they were actually quite poor defensively against Norwich and have lost Alisson. This could be a good chance to grab a point. At the same time we could get absolutely hammered :lol:

Last edited:

trippyhippy

Would like sokratis to be replaced by luiz so that he can be ready for the two big games after. Liverpool create their chances by pressing and luiz is much more press resistant than sokratis who tends to kick the ball out when faced with pressure. Also need pepe ready for liverpool as him and auba can be dangerous on the counter.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We could try out a new mid in Torreira or Ceballos but our entire midfield performed well vs Newcastle? Would be unfair to drop someone in the lead up to our big games.

The midfielders played well but they didn’t really help create much through the middle. Everything was focused out wide again. We’re going to need someone like Ceballos in there eventually if we’re going to be able to build through the middle.

Tomb Bombadil

Holding on the bench maybe??
We have Sokratis, Chambers and Luiz so no reason to leave one of them behind or putting two CB on the bench. Give Holding some more time and get him another game with u23.

The midfielders played well but they didn’t really help create much through the middle. Everything was focused out wide again. We’re going to need someone like Ceballos in there eventually if we’re going to be able to build through the middle.
I hope Özil will be ready for Burnley. Otherwise I would also put Ceballos in the OM role.

Leno
AMN Chambers Sokratis Monreal
Willock Xhaka
Pepe Özil Nelson
Aubameyang
Then of course if Lacazette is ready I guess Nelson would be on the bench first, but he showed in Hoffenheim that he is a supersup. But I wouldn't risk Lacazette. I wouldn't change the defense because it worked. But if Luiz should play against Pool and Tottenham then it makes sense to get him ready.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Why mess with the one CB pairing that has played together in pre-season and in the first PL game? I see no reason to change that. I do hope we see Ceballos, allthough it’d be harsh on Willock/Doozy. And I’d love to see Pepe over Miki.

Leno

AMN Chambers Sokratis Monreal

Guendouzi Xhaka

Pepe Ceballos Nelson

Aubameyang

Bench: Martinez; Luiz, Kolasinac; Willock, Torreira, Özil/Mkhi, Lacazette​

Jae

I'd let both Sokratis and Chambers keep their place til one of them f*cks up personally.

I reckon there's a possibility we might see a back 3 of Chambers, Sokratis, Luiz.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Absolutely hate playing Burnley, tough slog with the risk of injuries.

Think Aubameyang might start wide in this one.

Wonder if there are stats for teams that cause highest no of injuries to opposition. Admittedly, it is difficult to define, like alisson against norwich had nothing to do with norwich.

I remember somtething like bellerin against Sp**s, holding against united and amn against city. And of course the knock to ramsey that dented our top 4 hopes.

Jae

So some fans prefers leaving lacazette on the bench and put Nelson in the team instead of him?

I don't think Laca is 100% fit (ankle?). If we are playing Burnley then I wouldn't risk it to be honest. Id rather he come off the bench if required.

Chaoz_Enigma

Auba still has years, people exaggerate players when they turn 30. I give him until 32 before he starts declining.

The good thing about Auba is that he only sprints when he needs to, it's what made a lot of Arsenal fans turn on him because they don't think he does enough and want someone to run around. But people don't understand conserving energy and only running when you need to. Look at Alexis, completely finished before he even hit 30.

Precisely...was reading somewhere that messi have one of the lowest sprint and running stats as he constantly reserves energy and analysing opponents.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/messi-walks-better-than-most-players-run/

"Throughout his career, Messi has been criticized for walking. After an El Clasico match between Barcelona and Real Madrid in December 2017, there was widespread coverage of the fact that Messi walked 83 percent of the roughly 5 miles he covered that game. Despite this, he scored and assisted in Barca’s 3-0 trouncing."

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
So can Ceballos actually play no. 10 or we just assuming he'll be good at it? Cause I don't think Özil has even been training recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom