PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevi, Aug 12, 2019.

?

What is your predicted result?

1. Arsenal win

96.3%
  2. Draw

3.7%
  3. Burnley win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Santi's Left Foot

Santi's Left Foot Sleeps in Theo's bed

We missed what?? Most overrated player I can remember.

black187 and RacingPhoton like this.
  2. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I'm surprised this post has so many likes, we're 2 games in and 6pts on the board. I agree today looked like Burnley could equalise and ruin our start but they didn't, perhaps last season they would have. Our defence is still vulnerable but that will improve with Luiz. I also want to see Torreira start, he may be small but he does a good job. I agree we are capable of much more but to expect it within the 1st 2 games is a bit much, especially when we're winning.

black187, Trilly, Bradpiff and 5 others like this.
  3. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

I agree - Emery has not been shy to include our youngsters and newbies, and it's bound to take a few games for this new-look side to bed in together

4. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Exactly! Nelson & Willock starting both games, people have been wanting the youngsters to be included and that's what Emery is doing. I know Pepe will start ahead of Nelson but Willock could cement his place, he's doing well. And so too is Emery :)

5. ASIF

ASIF Well-Known Member

Good game.Important that we got 3 points with city and Sp**s drawing.Dani is some player.He was running the mid field and can dribble out of almost anything.Lacazatte was ok scored a brilliant goal.Emery needs to find a way to fit laca and Auba in a front two because Pierre emrik should be in an around the goal and not chasing back from wings.Pepe absolutely murdered a Burnley player with a nugget.Burnley are the worst then stroke city.They hoofed the ball from the 1st min to the last hope they get relegated..And I almost forgot we need to stop playing from the back because sooner rather then later it's going to cost us.If we can Draw at liverpool and beat spuds title challenge is well an truly on with bellerin and tierney coming back.

6. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Wenger would've had this team playing much better, miss that man.

m-due likes this.
  7. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

And that was 9 months ago mate. I'm comparing us to last week. Think we'll have to agree to disagree.

8. mavelous

mavelous Tinfoil hat aficionado Trusted

Holding, Bellerin, Tierney, Özil coming in.
    Pepe, Luiz and Torreira gathering form.
    I think we still have a couple of gears in us

tap-in, ASIF, Raicore and 10 others like this.
  9. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Also Mustafi and Elneny.

gkoat likes this.
  10. mavelous

mavelous Tinfoil hat aficionado Trusted

No, we are keeping them fresh for the title fight at the tail end of the season. In Turkish league

Mo Britain likes this.
  11. Luc

Luc New Member

Unfortunately, I couldn't see the game, so I have to see back tomorrow. But I've heard it was a great performance.

12. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Very average performance.

Midfield did well. The defense was very much Arsenal like from Wenger final years. The attack was disjointed and it just looked ugly overall.

Emery get 2/10 performance. Trying to defend at home 1-0 goal lead against Burnley. Yuck.

13. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Wouldn't go that far bro but happy with the 3 points. We've all seen these first home games end much worse when we've not been at full strength.

14. Lakersgooner24

Lakersgooner24 Well-Known Member

Not the best performance, but apparently the first time in 10 years we've won the first two games of the season so can't be too critical. Good to see both our strikers scoring. Auba on the wing is a waste, Unai needs to find a way to play both him and Laca in areas where they can terrorize the opposition goal.

Defense obviously leaves a lot to be desired, but I expect it to improve when Holding, Bellerin, and Tierney return. Today reminded me of those Wenger days when you're life would flash before your eyes whenever the opposition lumped the ball into the box. Leno needs to be stronger when collecting crosses, he was very shaky coming off his line to claim.

Dani is one confident s.o.b. Love that he always wants and demands the ball and is looking to get himself open for the pass. Sometimes I felt he overdid it with the touches, but for the most part, they all served a purpose.

Pepe showed some flashes of brilliance as well, including some silky touches. It also looks like he's confident with either foot which is good. Made a mess of the counter at the end where Auba should have been played in for a goal though.

15. Beany

Beany ITK Elite

It was offside - the Lino called it straight away. I didn’t celebrate the goal and was surprised they bothered with VAR to confirm it tbh.

But yeah, Dean’s a Cnut.

16. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Come on Hydro, smile.

17. hydrofluoric acid

I'm smiling? Very happy with the win! 13 days sober and clean!

But that was average performance no matter how you want to spin it!

18. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Not perfect but if you're expecting perfection with 2 teenagers and 2 new signings starting then you're bound to be disappointed. There's enough to be excited about.

morpho likes this.
  19. hydrofluoric acid

Wasn't expecting perfection.

I just call it as I see it! We can do better!

20. African Flair

African Flair Well-Known Member

Mike Dean is a ****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.