• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 28/2/04

godfather

Our next league game to Blackburn,will be really hard for us, coz Blackburn will get 2 weeks rest, and we will play the FA cup on next saturday and then CL game on midweek, as we all know the Blackburn game never easy for us!

Soler

Established Member
If we're going to lose, it'll be against Blackburn unfortunately. Thank Dennis Bergkamp for this lead we've got now.

Taozhe

Blackburn has been our bogey team for last season. Lets hope we can maintain our composure and CRUSH them!!

Andrew

Vieira MOTM for sure. Edu was good in the first half but went missing in the second. Ljungberg and Pires played well. Lauren and Lehmann were looking dodgy. Cole had some important defending to do and did it well. Toure had an up and down match. Campbell was ok but not his best match. Bergkamp was excellent early on and did quite well, while Henry did ok without being his best.

Overall, I'm just glad we got the 3 points there. We should have put them away more than once but looking at how it ended (and considering Manure dropped points) ending up with the 2-1 victory is an excellent result. Our first half, or should I say the first 20 minutes, was brilliant.

Senght

I thought Henry had a great game. Genius performance. Anybody saw how he draw 5 defenders and managed to trick the **** out of them? The cheeky chip was ingenius too. Definitely my MOTM.

Soler

Established Member
I'd give to Vieira. Whoever was commentating:

"Vieira disposses, he really has commanded the centre of the pitch today".

Damn straight.

Taozhe

Bergkamp played really well. DO u guys notice whenever bergy plays well during the last huddle of the season we tend to win. All the good signs are in our favour ;D

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Sat 13 A  BLACKBURN R
Sat 20 H  BOLTON WDRS
Sun 28 H  MANCHESTER UTD
Sat 10 H  LIVERPOOL
Mon 12 A  NEWCASTLE UTD
Sat 17 H  LEEDS UTD

AW reckons these games are the deciders. If we do well here, we will be on for a trophy. If not, well we can still do it, but the hard way.

n_henry

I know I'm late to the party, but didn't have time to go on net til now. :)

I only watched the 2nd half (had trouble dragging my lazy a$$ out of bed at 2am this morning), but we played pretty well..though we really should have killed off the game ages ago. What a start we had..pity I didn't see it. :(
Almost swallowed my tongue when Johanssen's shot hit the post in stoppage time... :shock:

MoTM (or, rather, the 2nd half)? I don't know...no one really stood out. Probably Vieira, maybe Henry...

arsenal4life

again and again
the lack of killers instinct would cost us a very precious two points

we must KILL the game when we have the chance

yesterday
3 or 4 goals would kill the game
but the players had a very strange over confidence

20 goal attempts for us and only 6 for them
but the final score could be 2-2

again we MUST KILL THE GAME early
and this is what cost us the last season title

Jinn

Established Member
arsenal4life said:
again and again
the lack of killers instinct would cost us a very precious two points

we must KILL the game when we have the chance

yesterday

again we MUST KILL THE GAME early
and this is what cost us the last season title

yeah but it's not costing us this season. Our togetherness and attitude is seeing us through.

It's all and well saying we need to kill the game, but being 2-0 up for an hour looks pretty killed to me. And since we won... why complain?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
arsenal4life said:

That's not about over confidence, it's about bad finishing.

arsenal4life

OneteaminLondon said:
That's not about over confidence, it's about bad finishing.

so it arises again that we need a finisher

Jinn said:
And since we won... why complain?

cause if we want to win CL
we must do this
we must score at least 70% of our chances
and it was easy chances yesterday

quattro

a lesson in complacency is what we got in the second half. and its a good time for it too and the best thing is that we were solid enough to have gotten away with it with three more points. its a good thing it didn't cost us, but this lesson will valuable now that the season is winding down.

Aussie

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
I'd give to Vieira. Whoever was commentating:

"Vieira disposses, he really has commanded the centre of the pitch today".

Damn straight.

Whenever Viera plays and is in good form nobody can do what he does in the midfield. Its just total controll.

bobbypires

Established Member
From the Scotman after this weekend:
No team, including Real, matches the blend of elegance, penetration and steel of Arsenal at their best when Thierry Henry and Robert Pires are firing and Patrick Vieira is enhancing his reputation as the world’s most combative midfielder.

n_henry

bobbypires said:
From the Scotman after this weekend:
No team, including Real, matches the blend of elegance, penetration and steel of Arsenal at their best when Thierry Henry and Robert Pires are firing and Patrick Vieira is enhancing his reputation as the world’s most combative midfielder.

:angel: Big statement...don't know about the us being kinda better than Real bit, but it sounds good. :D

Latest posts+

Top Bottom