• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 3rd of January @ 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Which leads us into the tricky patch of intentional or accidental contact. Should all contact be treated the same? What if said player sticks his leg towards the defender and draws the contact much like Jack did outside the box?

I don't think it's simple as that and we'd be fuming if a pen like that was given against us.... Again.
I didn't think the AMN was a penalty because if any contact he hit the defender's legs rather than vice-versa and then fell. But it was the same with the penalty they got. Difference is AMN didn't try to claim anything whereas the idol of some of the Arsenal masses - Monsieur Hazard - cheated his way to a penalty.

skip spence

I didn't think the AMN was a penalty because if any contact he hit the defender's legs rather than vice-versa and then fell. But it was the same with the penalty they got. Difference is AMN didn't try to claim anything whereas the idol of some of the Arsenal masses - Monsieur Hazard - cheated his way to a penalty.
Well said sir. That's exactly it.

Sudders

I really don't see how you can call the two instances the same?

There is surely no doubt that Hector went to kick the ball, missed, and as a result kicked Hazard's foot instead? It's as soft as the Andrex puppy but totally different to the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom