• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Sunday 29th December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Excellent for the whole game? Did you even watch the second half?

Excellent in the sense that, We defended really well, didn't give Chelsea a sniff. If we won that game 1-0 everyone would be saying that Arteta is a genius.

Chelsea barely created any clear cut chances...we threw away the game rather than Chelsea winning out of brilliance.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Excellent in the sense that, We defended really well, didn't give Chelsea a sniff. If we won that game 1-0 everyone would be saying that Arteta is a genius.

Chelsea barely created any clear cut chances...we threw away the game rather than Chelsea winning out of brilliance.

Not me. I remember United winning 1-3 at the Emirates a few years back where we dominated them and had 30+ shots. The fact that De Gea pulled off some freak saves and we hit the bar a couple of times had nothing to do with a Mourinho masterclass but pure luck.

Same yesterday. Chelsea outplayed us and we couldn't get out of our own half or string 3 passes together. If you grind out a result then it's more luck than anything else.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Think if Leno didn’t have that silly uncharacteristic brain fart or Willock puts away his goal chance we would have won. Or the ref actually following the rules and sending off the Chelsea player as he should have.

Although it is bitter as hell we can take away some real positives. We need to build on this and we will be fine. Hope Arteta can reload the team mentally and get a good performance out of team against Manure.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I look at that moment a bit differently.
If it wasn't for Laca going in full batshit crazy mode toward the ref, Jorginho would probably get his second yellow then. Check the recordings on how the ref is clearly irritated at Laca. This probably made him change his mind up.
His "crazy reaction and yelling" at the ref made him change the decision on carding, so Laca got one instead of Jorginho.

And how ironic it was then later on, when Laca clumsily pulled Jorginho for a needless foul, which resulted in Jorginho's equaliser.

I am all for our players being cynical and using any opportunity to sway the decisions going our way, but our players also need to be street-smart. Laca should've left the decision to the ref in that moment.

Interesting...... hear what you’re saying, you could be right! He didn’t really pull Jorginho for the free kick, Jorgino did the old “kick the other players leg and go down” manoeuvre, he did it very well. Although the whole thing did start when Laca lost the ball.

It’s incredibly harsh to blame Laca for that goal. I only mention because so many have used it as a stick to beat him on here. It’s almost like people think he’s more at fault than Leno!

Laca is off form. Let’s hope he gets back on it. One of our most passionate/aggressive players in a team that has had a long recent tradition of being bullied.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
@freeglennhelder2 here's the Skysports ref verdict about the Jorginho decision:

INCIDENT: Jorginho was close to being sent off in the 76th minute after pulling back Matteo Guendouzi in midfield. The Chelsea midfielder had already been booked, but referee Craig Pawson did not book him again and he went on to score an 83rd-minute equaliser in a 2-1 win.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Incorrect decision.

DERMOT SAYS: "I was surprised he didn't get sent off. Firstly, I think it's a yellow card offence and secondly, three minutes earlier, there was a carbon copy offence from Lucas Torreira who got a yellow card. In that space of time, the referee gave a decision one way and a similar one the other. It's a yellow card offence for me, Jorginho grabs a hold of his shirt to take Guendouzi away from the ball."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ol-vs-wolves-and-arsenal-vs-chelsea-decisions

Reading this, it makes the case even stronger, that had Laca stayed calm, Jorginho would probably have had an early bath and we would see off them game comfortably. Pawson signaled this foul very quick, but due to Laca's protest probably didn't want to make it seem like he is influenced by Arsenal players.

Laca's energy was also drained at the moment when he easily lost possession and then clumsily pulled Jorginho for the foul. Jorginho tricked him by rolling down and the ref bought that cheap free-kick.

It is a foul that most fans would be absolutely furious had it been caused by other players, plus Laca was already too agitated after that card.

It was a key period where we lost the game, and looking in hindsight, maybe Arteta should have acted quickly to have a message to Laca or even take him off.

goonergaz

@freeglennhelder2 here's the Skysports ref verdict about the Jorginho decision:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ol-vs-wolves-and-arsenal-vs-chelsea-decisions

Reading this, it makes the case even stronger, that had Laca stayed calm, Jorginho would probably have had an early bath and we would see off them game comfortably. Pawson signaled this foul very quick, but due to Laca's protest probably didn't want to make it seem like he is influenced by Arsenal players.

Laca's energy was also drained at the moment when he easily lost possession and then clumsily pulled Jorginho for the foul. Jorginho tricked him by rolling down and the ref bought that cheap free-kick.

It is a foul that most fans would be absolutely furious had it been caused by other players, plus Laca was already too agitated after that card.

It was a key period where we lost the game, and looking in hindsight, maybe Arteta should have acted quickly to have a message to Laca or even take him off.

So you think he thought it was a yellow card and because Laca complained he changed his mind?

I really doubt that, did you not see all the other tackles they got away with?

Are you aware we made less fouls yet got more cards!?

The ref was a joke - end of.

Edit - watch this video - it shows how they kept kicking us and getting away with it, not also Jorginho giving Laca an elbow right in front of the ref after he already had the yellow and before the incident. And the first yellow for Jorginho was for another tug on Laca - no wonder he was upset!

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So you think he thought it was a yellow card and because Laca complained he changed his mind?

Edit - watch this video - it shows how they kept kicking us and getting away with it, not also Jorginho giving Laca an elbow right in front of the ref after he already had the yellow and before the incident. And the first yellow for Jorginho was for another tug on Laca - no wonder he was upset!

The ref was even more of a joke if he got influenced by Lacazette’s behaviour and he let it cloud his decision

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
To me it’s intentionally, there was a play when I think Laca was caught in offside but the sideline was laughing while talking in the mic and the never showed the rep. I don’t know weather was offside or not yet

goonergaz

Also, I'm unsure why the goal stood as Jorginho pulled Torreiras shirt. The VAR said something about possible offside but clearly he pulled the shirt - anyone else remember the disallowed goal vs Crystal Palace which it's still uncertain why it was disallowed!? lol

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Also, I'm unsure why the goal stood as Jorginho pulled Torreiras shirt. The VAR said something about possible offside but clearly he pulled the shirt - anyone else remember the disallowed goal vs Crystal Palace which it's still uncertain why it was disallowed!? lol
Then I should it the other way, as that goal was disallowed because it was a foul, then the foul over Torreira it’s the same and should have disallowed the goal.

It has been a long time since I felt this anger about the result. Jorginho lot being sent off was clearly determinant in the game.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've not cared about a result or any of our games in a long time until yesterday. We need to beat Utd somehow and try to keep this momentum going.

The thing that concerns me is . We defended and played like heroes till the 70th min we tired and they got lucky. When we concede we alway always always throw it away. How many times have we been winning 2-0 then 2-1 and 2-2 happens everytime we need to be able to grind out results. But the midfield are all tiny and can be easily bullied. It’s not the ability we lack it’s a mentality. And physically none of them are up to it. Literally. Our only physical players are papa and laca. Everyone else is too light weight. And that’s our problem.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
To me it’s intentionally, there was a play when I think Laca was caught in offside but the sideline was laughing while talking in the mic and the never showed the rep. I don’t know weather was offside or not yet

Saw that as well, tbf Laca did look offside but the linesman has to show some sort of professionalism and not smile during a key decision.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Agree. Well posted!

Think we need to stop blaming our players for what in the end was a ****ty referee and his poor decisions. I am to blame for doing this myself trying to figure out what we should do differently but that doesn’t mask what is quite obvious. The referee was bias and had it in for us from minute 1. They got away with stuff we were punished for. That is the simple end of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom