• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace| Sunday 27th October | KO:16:30 GMT | Illegal Streams

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I like to have a wander through Twitter to take the temperature of joe public. Only about 5% of tweets think it was the correct call yesterday. Most tellingly, multiple sp*rs fans saying it was the wrong call (obviously much to their delight).

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You're wrong. Who are you to police when people can cheer or boo. Half time is fine? Catch yourself on. Football is an emotional game. If fans who feel frustrated vent that frustration then so be it. Its upto the players and management to rectify the fans issues with results and performances.

Fans can turn because fans will be there longer than any player or manager. Theyll show up next week and support the team. This idea of 'class' as others alluded to doesnt exist. We are a class above what exactly? A class above human emotions? Sit like good obedient robots regardless. Its upto the club to keep the fans on board. God knows the club contributed to years of poison from the stands. It's doing so again with Emerys decision to give two fingers to the fans by naming Xhaka captain, by continually picking him when there is clear disconnect or worse between Xhaka and the fans.

Fans don't want to not like a player/manager, that is decided by how the players/managers perform...and as you say fans aren't robots, they shouldn't just accept anything just because they are fans.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Fans don't want to not like a player/manager, that is decided by how the players/managers perform...and as you say fans aren't robots, they shouldn't just accept anything just because they are fans.

It doesn't give you the right to abuse a player at home.

If you're not happy with the situation, you can always criticize, attend to meetings organized by the club, or simply don't buy tickets / arsenal stuff.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think it's wrong to boo a particular player. It's the worst that can happen to you as a player when you get humiliated by your own fanbase at home.

Boo the team because the result is ****, I'm all for it, because you're booing the result.
But don't boo a single player if he's always behaved like a professional, which Xhaka has even though he has his flows. Because now, it gets on a personnal level
He acted like a professional walking of the pitch when we were drawing. Great pro. Not to mention the other stuff he did as he walked off.

Fans booing or cheering is part of the game. Unfortunately. Peter Crouch said last night about it its the lowest it can get for a player. Its upto the player how they then react to that.

There is a line. Personal abuse, foul and abusive language. That's the unsavoury side of football where fans think they can say what they want and there be no consequences. Booing is not the same as that. And unfortunately that's where some try to be leading the debate to.

Riou

It doesn't give you the right to abuse a player at home.

If you're not happy with the situation, you can always criticize, attend to meetings organized by the club, or simply don't buy tickets / arsenal stuff.

I agree, fans shouldn't boo a player...but it's a very broken fanbase, so I can understand why they do.

Riou

Shocking.

I don't trust anybody from Australia, including myself.

Not having this kind of abuse hurled at Hugh Jackman!

Could watch that man play Logan til the end of time...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Hi guys I'm new, but Emery has to go. His persistence with Sokratis and Luiz at the back and Xhaka in midfield is a complete joke. There is no way he can take the club forward with his ponsing around style of football. Luiz is fine in back 3 but has always been a liability in a 4. Tactically Emery is worse than Wenger and that really takes some doing.

Welcome to AM Jose! :)

Tbh I'm feeling the same now, we are not moving forward.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I suppose nothing will be done about Zaha winding up the home fans with his gestures and grimaces. Doesn't fit the script.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Zaha was smiling and calling the fans when Crystal Palace were 2-0 down bastard knew something gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom