PL | Arsenal vs Huddersfield | Saturday | 15:00 GMT

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by APierre, Dec 6, 2018.

?

Prediction

1. Arsenal win

36 vote(s)
    87.8%
  2. Draw

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Huddersfield win

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Terrible match thread

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Hahahaha used to drive 20 mins out my way to get balloons that don't pop from a double. Love that ****.

Trilly likes this.
  2. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Delighted with the 3 points at the end of a hard week. Clean sheet is a nice bonus.
    Torreira is the heart of this team!! :bounce:
    CB is a growing concern now! Another concern is Iwobi's current form - offering very little and, on current form, easily replaceable.

krackpot and Slartibartfast like this.
  3. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Well that was a character builder. Sometimes you just have to tough it out. I'll take 1-nil to The Arsenal. Third place, at least for the moment. Will be cheering for Manchester City and Leicester City today. Onward and upward.

I used to watch hurling on the Setanta feeds on the old backyard satellite dish in the 90s. They do still broadcast in Ireland.

m-due likes this.
  4. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

This is the EXACT type of win (ugly, but three points) we wanted from Emery.

Well done.

ThlRama, asukru and Slartibartfast like this.
  5. Slartibartfast

Hopefully City will beat Chelsea -- period -- and Leicester will knock off Sp**s to keep Arsenal in 3rd.

6. buji banton

buji banton Active Member

Iwobi was horrible today

ThlRama likes this.
  7. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

Oh no kidding, I thought they went under! Good to see they're still kicking.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  8. Dregen57

Dregen57 Well-Known Member

3 games in a weak, two of them very hard fought has something to do with our poor performance today i guess. I really love this 3 points⚽Now let's play our youth on Thursday

9. Uncle Good-Advice

Uncle Good-Advice Well-Known Member

We were ****, understandably so, after two high-profile games this kind of must-win game can always be a potential banana skin. Of course we didn't help ourselves by missing easy chances but clearly there were a lot of tired legs and heads.

Starting line-up was asking for trouble, front five of Xhaka, Torreira, Doozy, Auba and Laca offers almost no creativity and flair. Let's hope it's the last time we've ever seen that.

After a week of rest I believe we can play better against a tougher opponent.

From what I saw on my stream Mustafi was clipped so maybe there's a chance of an appeal?

What's going on with Mkhi is beyond me...

Three points in the bag, we go again!

10. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

I'm happy to see that even with these new referees the Premier League has maintained their mandate of only having officials of the utmost lowest quality.

krackpot likes this.
  11. natural

natural Active Member

His first touch was failing him, I think he was trying too hard. He needs to play better or he will be gone soon.

12. Slartibartfast

They did in the U.K. (except in Northern Ireland) and in the U.S. they were bought out by the now defunct Fox Soccer Channel quite some time ago. But they're still on the Emerald Isle and apparently still have a presence in Asia and Turkey.

13. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Thursday was supposed to be about getting minutes for Nacho and Koscielny but now they'll need to be wrapped in cotton wool and risked on Sunday. Sokratis will have to play against Qarabag with Medley or the other youngster partnering him. Gotta hope Mustafi isn't out for too long.

14. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Good point about iwobi and Mkhi, in Özil’s absence they’ve been given a lot of minutes recently and haven’t performed at all really. I forgive Iwobi more because he was in good form before and he’s clearly just dipped as young players do. No sympathy for Mkhi though.

They’re both good passers, but neither really score or assist enough. We look like we need an injection of intent and menace in that area.

Also incredibly light in defence, I’d be surprised if we don’t do something there.

15. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

Seemed like the first XI was all about keeping a clean first half and trying to play direct...really should have worked to at least a 1-0 advantage at the break.

So he had his plan to open up the wings in the second half and put Huddersfield on the treadmill...worked.

I like the tactics considering who was available, recent games, etc...

3 points.

16. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

No problem with yellow cards for simulation but can someone explain why Huddersfield didn't get two yell0w cards for their simulations?

17. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Whilst it wasn't a great performance I think things might've been different had Laca or Auba scored those relatively easy chances.

Overall can't complain with 3 points after such a dour display

18. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Taking Lacazette off was the only mistake IMO. The dual presence was keeping their centre backs honest. They seemed a lot more comfortable in the 2nd half.

krackpot likes this.
  19. zhaggy

zhaggy Active Member

One nil to the Arsenal!

Last seasons that late header would have been a goal for them thank you Sokratis and thank you Torreira!

20. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

and boy was he pleased

krackpot, asukru, Jae and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.