• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Huddersfield | Saturday | 15:00 GMT

Prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 36 87.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Huddersfield win

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Terrible match thread

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouski

Another second-half win, hopefully the second half of our season will be as good as the second half of our matches.

Jalal

It's really unbelievable how in the end we manage to keep winning those tight and hard games that. That's a huge difference to Wenger times! At that time, such a game would probably have gone 0:0. But I wonder how long we can sustain these tight and hard-won victories. Have the feeling, that from the point yield we're at the absolute limit. Rarely do we win a PL game clearly. We always have to stretch to the limits to get the wins. That's what concerns me a bit...

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
One of the worst managed games I've seen in a while. Starting with 3 defenders against Huddersfield at home and replacing Laca with Iwobi who is completely out of form was ridiculous.
Lucky 3 points for us so there won't be many complaints but Emery needs to do better than this.

Manberg

Predator
Wenger won many hard thought 1-0's the last few seasons that didn't get us anywhere. I'm proud of our win today but if Emery can make additions to improve the quality of our team there's no reason we wouldn't have won this game 3-0.

HBL

Established Member
Still don't understand the starting XI, why did we start the game with 3atb and then 3 cm's, none of which are amazing in the attacking third.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Just got in from the fan fest here in NYC. Pretty fun to have so many people from all the fanbases celebrating the PL. Very, very strange XI from Emery and equally strange subs. We definitely rode our luck. Still, 3 points is 3 points and Torreira is an absolute hero. As an aside, I really can't wait for Huddersfield to be relegated. What an absolute sh*thouse group of players. I'm sure there's plenty of teams in the Championship that would like to actually come up and play football instead of laying on the Emirates grass for 90 minutes wasting time. Disgusting way to "play".

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Poor attacking/creativity by the boys today. BUT this team feels a bit more resilient than the past few seasons.

Huddersfield didn’t even bother to try and hit us on the break which was a novel err ... tactic.

Need upgrades on Miki & Iwobi IMO.

Mohamed7

Gonna be tough with suspensions and unfit CB against Southampton. Good thing is they cannot score to save their lives

Just got in from the fan fest here in NYC. Pretty fun to have so many people from all the fanbases celebrating the PL. Very, very strange XI from Emery and equally strange subs. We definitely rode our luck. Still, 3 points is 3 points and Torreira is an absolute hero. As an aside, I really can't wait for Huddersfield to be relegated. What an absolute sh*thouse group of players. I'm sure there's plenty of teams in the Championship that would like to actually come up and play football instead of laying on the Emirates grass for 90 minutes wasting time. Disgusting way to "play".

Do you really blame them given their squad quality? This was a bonus game and almost got something out of it

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
They're desperate. They can't buy a goal. I actually liked Wagner last season but they seemed to have done absolutely nothing to address their issues and now he's setting up his players to go rogue in matches.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
You'll be in for a treat if Middlesborough get promoted.
Pretty sure a lot of teams from the championship will adopt that approach once they get into the premier league. You either do that or go the Fulham way and get battered trying to be a footballing team.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
One of the worst managed games I've seen in a while. Starting with 3 defenders against Huddersfield at home and replacing Laca with Iwobi who is completely out of form was ridiculous.
Lucky 3 points for us so there won't be many complaints but Emery needs to do better than this.

Lucky? Give me a break mate.

Batman

Gonna be tough with suspensions and unfit CB against Southampton. Good thing is they cannot score to save their lives

Do you really blame them given their squad quality? This was a bonus game and almost got something out of it
You can go out there and compete without resorting to what more than borders on cheating. They alternated between putting in awful tackles, diving and staying on the floor for no reason. I'm never going to respect that. It's one thing to be outmatched and park the bus. I even understand being a little physical. To basically have your defining tactic be laying on the floor feigning injury is repulsive. If that's the best they've got to offer then they should f*ck off down to the Championship now and let a team with some dignity take their place. I've never seen such a sorry display, even in cup matches against teams 2 and 3 divisions lower.

Batman

They're desperate. They can't buy a goal. I actually liked Wagner last season but they seemed to have done absolutely nothing to address their issues and now he's setting up his players to go rogue in matches.
That doesn't mean they have to resort to what they were doing today. Teams in the relegation zone are always desperate. Rarely do you see them taking the time wasting and play acting to the extent we saw today.

Xanth

Somewhat strange performance. Our attack was poor in the sense that we struggled to create chances with regularity but we could also have been 2-0 up in the first half, not to mention the offside goal and Mustafi's "dive".

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

It's a legitimate dedicated sports IPTV platform. Similar to Setanta Sports in Ireland (when it existed).

They won the rights for the CL last season and now it looks like they're going to win the PL if that that journo reported is true.
We've seen a shift to the subscription model for sports already so I am not that surprised, however I believe a) it's very surprising to see such an unknown entity like DAZN awarded the rights and I wonder who is financially backing them to be order to snag the rights from TSN b) it should be mandatory to have a balance of availability of subscriptions and regular cable for sports broadcasting as it is deeply rooted in culture.

I am not a fan of this and it will only make the beautiful game harder to watch for us and future generations. How is this game supposed to progress in Canada when the major leagues are exempt from our regular broadcasters and we're fed MLS?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sp**s and United in the space of a few days and then this game at the end of the week, I think it's fair enough that we saw this type of performance tbh. The most important thing is that we got the W and the 3 points.

Most worrying thing is the lack of creativity, Iwobi and Mkhitaryan really didn't add much when they came on, Özil back soon hopefully. But we need to strengthen and bring in additional attackers to create chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom