PL | Arsenal vs Huddersfield | Saturday | 15:00 GMT

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by APierre, Dec 6, 2018.

?

Prediction

1. Arsenal win

36 vote(s)
    87.8%
  2. Draw

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Huddersfield win

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Terrible match thread

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouski

Rouski Active Member

Another second-half win, hopefully the second half of our season will be as good as the second half of our matches.

2. Jalal

Jalal New Member

It's really unbelievable how in the end we manage to keep winning those tight and hard games that. That's a huge difference to Wenger times! At that time, such a game would probably have gone 0:0. But I wonder how long we can sustain these tight and hard-won victories. Have the feeling, that from the point yield we're at the absolute limit. Rarely do we win a PL game clearly. We always have to stretch to the limits to get the wins. That's what concerns me a bit...

3. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

One of the worst managed games I've seen in a while. Starting with 3 defenders against Huddersfield at home and replacing Laca with Iwobi who is completely out of form was ridiculous.
    Lucky 3 points for us so there won't be many complaints but Emery needs to do better than this.

Fallout and Fewtch like this.
  4. Manberg

Manberg Well-Known Member

Wenger won many hard thought 1-0's the last few seasons that didn't get us anywhere. I'm proud of our win today but if Emery can make additions to improve the quality of our team there's no reason we wouldn't have won this game 3-0.

progman07 likes this.
  5. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Still don't understand the starting XI, why did we start the game with 3atb and then 3 cm's, none of which are amazing in the attacking third.

6. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Really need to start winning first halves

SA Gunner likes this.
  7. Drebin

Drebin Well-Known Member

As long we win the game in the end I don't care if we win first halves

8. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Just got in from the fan fest here in NYC. Pretty fun to have so many people from all the fanbases celebrating the PL. Very, very strange XI from Emery and equally strange subs. We definitely rode our luck. Still, 3 points is 3 points and Torreira is an absolute hero. As an aside, I really can't wait for Huddersfield to be relegated. What an absolute sh*thouse group of players. I'm sure there's plenty of teams in the Championship that would like to actually come up and play football instead of laying on the Emirates grass for 90 minutes wasting time. Disgusting way to "play".

krackpot likes this.
  9. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Poor attacking/creativity by the boys today. BUT this team feels a bit more resilient than the past few seasons.

Huddersfield didn’t even bother to try and hit us on the break which was a novel err ... tactic.

Need upgrades on Miki & Iwobi IMO.

10. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Something Something 3 Points.

11. iamdaguy

iamdaguy Well-Known Member

Gonna be tough with suspensions and unfit CB against Southampton. Good thing is they cannot score to save their lives

Do you really blame them given their squad quality? This was a bonus game and almost got something out of it

12. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

They're desperate. They can't buy a goal. I actually liked Wagner last season but they seemed to have done absolutely nothing to address their issues and now he's setting up his players to go rogue in matches.

13. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

You'll be in for a treat if Middlesborough get promoted.

14. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Pretty sure a lot of teams from the championship will adopt that approach once they get into the premier league. You either do that or go the Fulham way and get battered trying to be a footballing team.

15. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Lucky? Give me a break mate.

Dregen57 likes this.
  16. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

You can go out there and compete without resorting to what more than borders on cheating. They alternated between putting in awful tackles, diving and staying on the floor for no reason. I'm never going to respect that. It's one thing to be outmatched and park the bus. I even understand being a little physical. To basically have your defining tactic be laying on the floor feigning injury is repulsive. If that's the best they've got to offer then they should f*ck off down to the Championship now and let a team with some dignity take their place. I've never seen such a sorry display, even in cup matches against teams 2 and 3 divisions lower.

17. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

That doesn't mean they have to resort to what they were doing today. Teams in the relegation zone are always desperate. Rarely do you see them taking the time wasting and play acting to the extent we saw today.

18. Xanth

Xanth Active Member

Somewhat strange performance. Our attack was poor in the sense that we struggled to create chances with regularity but we could also have been 2-0 up in the first half, not to mention the offside goal and Mustafi's "dive".

19. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

We've seen a shift to the subscription model for sports already so I am not that surprised, however I believe a) it's very surprising to see such an unknown entity like DAZN awarded the rights and I wonder who is financially backing them to be order to snag the rights from TSN b) it should be mandatory to have a balance of availability of subscriptions and regular cable for sports broadcasting as it is deeply rooted in culture.

I am not a fan of this and it will only make the beautiful game harder to watch for us and future generations. How is this game supposed to progress in Canada when the major leagues are exempt from our regular broadcasters and we're fed MLS?

Gooner Zig likes this.
  20. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Sp**s and United in the space of a few days and then this game at the end of the week, I think it's fair enough that we saw this type of performance tbh. The most important thing is that we got the W and the 3 points.

Most worrying thing is the lack of creativity, Iwobi and Mkhitaryan really didn't add much when they came on, Özil back soon hopefully. But we need to strengthen and bring in additional attackers to create chances.

Jetalpha, progman07 and OnlyOne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.