• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Huddersfield | Saturday | 15:00 GMT

Prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 36 87.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Huddersfield win

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Terrible match thread

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner140

It was a tough match and we didn't play well. Still, if that offside goal wouldn't be ruled out, I think that we would win this with at least 3-0 score.

In the end Torreira saved us, but this are another three points, as the unbeaten run now stretches to 21 matches.

It's hard to be unhappy with it all, but Chelsea and Tottenham won, which puts us back to 5th place, where we really DON'T DESERVE to be.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Away yesterday, missed the game. Just watched a highlights recording.
  • Lucky not to concede in the first half.
  • Still mistakes being made in defence.
  • Great team management by Emery.
  • The boys ground out a second half win, yet again, which can’t be underestimated
  • 21 games unbeaten.
Not complaining after a tough few games. Chelsea, Sp**s and Liverpool all winning means we needed 3 points desperately.

zhaggy

Super happy about the three points.
Looks like both Mustafi and Sokratis are suspended for the southampton game?
Guess it Will be kos and monreal maybe?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

It wouldn't be a bad idea for Torreira to get a yellow vs Saints, the closer it gets to Liverpool, the riskier each game becomes for him.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Just for old times' sake.

isop

Pretty sure a lot of teams from the championship will adopt that approach once they get into the premier league. You either do that or go the Fulham way and get battered trying to be a footballing team.

Fulham went that way because Jokanovic can't defend, despite his really good attacking football. Someone like Eddie Howe at Bournemouth can play attractive attacking football and is streetwise enough to know how to defend well too, parking the bus at times if necessary. Managers that are good at both will usually do well from the championship, Wolves seem to be one of these teams too.

Back to Arsenal, I think the performances have been poor all season tbh. There is the odd time the team plays well, such as the liverpool and Sp**s matches, and some 2nd half responses, but in general it takes a goal to get the team going for or against, or an individual moment of brilliance. The general play is actually not that good, the team has rode their luck many times in a lot of matches, getting undeserved/flattering wins quite a number of times.

I credit Emery for the job he's done, and don't want to be a downer, but I think we're punching above our weight, never thought we'd be this competitive for the top 4 this season, not sure it can be sustained all season.

Last edited:

turkish gooner

Its good we never give up and fight till the final whistle but have to score early goals in 1st half . We cant rely on these last 10min goals for long term. Anyways a win is a win ! Grats boyz

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I don't think we were so bad in the first half.

The formation was confusing for me but after a tough week and with a short squad it was better to play a compact XI without gung-ho attacking and risking to concede a goal from the counter. We defended really well from open play. Sokratis is not a good LCB in a 3 and they tried to expose it.

Auba missed what I would consider a sitter from him, Laca then took a lot of time for 1v1 and then he was wrongly ruled offside. All in the first half.

I was once again disappointed by Iwobi and Mkhi and I think the time is quickly running out for both of them, even though I personally love Iwobi. He can play some solid balls and free up Kola but I think a better LB and a better LW would be more beneficial to our game than an average Iwobi making space for an average LWB who is good in attack.

We have to take into consideration that we had a tough, tough week, a lot of injuries, emotional draining, and some unlucky decisions. The team never gave up and we are still in contention. I'll always take that.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Fulham went that way because Jokanovic can't defend, despite his really good attacking football. Someone like Eddie Howe at Bournemouth can play attractive attacking football and is streetwise enough to know how to defend well too, parking the bus at times if necessary. Managers that are good at both will usually do well from the championship, Wolves seem to be one of these teams too.

Back to Arsenal, I think the performances have been poor all season tbh. There is the odd time the team plays well, such as the liverpool and Sp**s matches, and some 2nd half responses, but in general it takes a goal to get the team going for or against, or an individual moment of brilliance. The general play is actually not that good, the team has rode their luck many times in a lot of matches, getting undeserved/flattering wins quite a number of times.

I credit Emery for the job he's done, and don't want to be a downer, but I think we're punching above our weight, never thought we'd be this competitive for the top 4 this season, not sure it can be sustained all season.
Poor is a bit too harsh but we have been inconsistent. I think we're in the mix because it's not just done to us, also who we're up against. Neither Spuds nor Chelsea look significantly better than us to throw in the towel. I thought we'd be 6th or 5th at the start of the season. Now I think we're between 3rd and 5th.

ptrcopp

I agree we’re doing better than a lot of the performances have warranted, but I don’t think we are punching above the ability of the squad.

I think this is partly down to transition of styles because Emery is obviously being a lot more demanding. Every time a substitute comes on Emery is often giving instructions, that rarely happened before.

And you say the general play isn’t good, but we still create many chances. Auba could/ should have had a hat trick yesterday, and Laca had a couple of opportunities when he was on. WE may have been lucky to not have conceded on a couple of occasions but really should have been in the lead.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Defo contact for Mustafi “dive”. Should be rescinded. But yes the other 2 were dives, not good to see that from our players at all.

If you’re gonna dive....do it clever!
There was more contact on Mustafi than there was on Son. Like you said,we need to be clever.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

We were actually building a good foundation by playing out from the back, where the two CBs would split and the two FBs would push up alongside the first receiver in midfielder (usually Torreira). It was working well I thought, but then we switched to a back 3 at Bournemouth, and sacrificed presence further forward.

It's a strange one but at the same time, we are getting results playing more than one way and that can only be a good thing. We've basically done pre-season levels of tinkering and training in real competitive games, and come away in fairly decent shape.

The hope now is that Emery has enough collateral to narrow in on his options (e.g. how he's done with Leno over Cech) so we can see a bit of continuity. I'd also hoping we have one or two solid options up our sleeve for January, particularly in wide attacking areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom